Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Offered ridiculously low price for a 2016 Accord

lunaticclunaticc Member Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in Honda
Hi everyone, I took the advice from other members to ask for quotes from nearby dealers for a 16 Accord EX w/ sensing. I live in Columbus Ohio and the prices that I have been getting from most dealers are 300-400 over invoice. One offered the car for $24,318, $1700 under invoice. At first I though this was a mistake so I called the dealer and they told be that this is, infact, the price. It seems impossible that they can offer this price when the car just came out 2 months ago. I'm going in tomorrow to buy the car. Should I expect to be heavily upsolded or refused a deal? Regardless, I'll post here tomorrow of my experience. If they truly are offering a great deal I'll commend them. However if they're putting the bait and switch technique on me I'll let as many people as I can know of their dishonest practices
Tagged:

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2015
    You never know but Honda prices are pretty aggressive in some areas for some models. $1,500 off invoice isn't unusual for CR-Vs, mostly back East.

One thing dealers sometimes do is not include the destination when quoting prices. That's what, $820 for Hondas?

Good luck!
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    Be ready to walk out. Good luck. 
  • honda_guy_01honda_guy_01 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for anew 2016 Acord EX-L. I live in Columbus too. Can you please tell me who the dealer is.$24000 for a 2016 is pretty aggressive.

Thanks!
  • lunaticclunaticc Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015

The dealership is Matt Castrucci Honda in Dayton, Ohio. I didn't end up buying from them because I found a color I absolutely loved at another dealer. However, the sales agent made it very clear via phone and email that he was willing to honor the offer at the table and that there wasn't excessive fees or inflated interest rates. I'm sorry that I can't tell you 100% as I never went there but I trust them. 

I paid 25,999 for the car (including all season matts and splash guards). I know it's significantly higher but I can't stop taking my eyes of the color of my car (lunar silver) :)

@honda_guy_01
    Could you do me a favor? If you do get in contact with Matt Castrucci Honda, could you ask for Ken Sparaco? He's a great sales agent and spent a lot of time with me over the phone and through email. I felt really bad when I told him I'm shopping elsewhere.
    His phone number is [non-permissible content removed]

GL in your car shopping!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I never understood how a shopper could get fixated on one particular color and pay a lot more just to get it but, that's me! As long as you're happy, that's what counts. I'm assuming the first store couldn't or wouldn't swap cars with that other store? Some stores in certain areas hate each other and won't do dealer trades.