Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

My 2010 Chevy Equinox engine seized.

rlevchukrlevchuk Member Posts: 1
edited October 2015 in Chevrolet
My 2010 chevy equinox didn't warn me that it was low on oil and the engine got seized up. We got a recall letter late last year about the oil consumption problem and we took it too the dealer to get fixed and they claimed they fixed it but they didnt. Last night I was driving home from work and it was making a very loud clucking noise but I didn't think it was anything major because it has been making this noise for like 11 months now. This morning we were on our way back from dunking donuts which is only like a 3 minute drive from my house and the car completely shut off and died and wouldn't turn over. Later that morning I checked all the fluids and realized the oil dips [non-permissible content removed] was empty. There was no oil in the car at all. They engine bonded together and now I have to buy a whole new engine. This car has been problems since I got it. I bought it set with 64000 miles on it and now it has 105214 on it. I will never buy another chevy again. There trash. I would rather stick with my dodge charger because when I took it to the dealer they were helpful and fixed my problems. Chevy doesn't do [non-permissible content removed].

Answers

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited October 2015
    Do you have all of your receipts for service? Was it always done on time and with a product approved for GM's 6094M specification, and then dexos when the 6094M was superseded ?

From there all engines use oil, it is a myth that they don't. Fluids should be checked and topped off on a routine basis as required. If that wasn't done why is this someone else's fault?
  • Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    edited October 2015

From there all engines use oil, it is a myth that they don't. Fluids should be checked and topped off on a routine basis as required. If that wasn't done why is this someone else's fault?

Yup some people think all they have to do is drive it! Even admits it was clunking for 11 months!!!! GEZ