Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

1160161162163164166»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    pfcreltne said:

Michaell said:

pfcreltne said:

Michaell said:

pfcreltne said:

I received a quote from a dealership near Seattle for a 2013 G37x Premium, Nav, kindly let me know what you think:

Model: 2013 G37x Premium, Nav packages
    MSRP: $40,285
    Residual/Amt: 55% $22,156.75
    Term: 39
    MF: 0.00009
    Sale price: $35,702.00
    Acquisition: $700
    Upfront fees: $500 ($350 license and $150 doc fee)
    Cap cost reduction: $0
    Adj. Cap Cost: $36,402
    Payment: $406.84
    Out the door: $906

In addition to these terms, they're telling me they'd cover the remaining $1,200 or so of lease payments on my current BMW lease. The MF might be marked up slightly but it doesn't materially affect the monthly payments, and buying out the lease is attractive. Thanks!

To get to the $406.84/mo payment with what you've provided, I've got a 9.8% tax rate - is that about right?

How is the BMW being handled? Are they giving you a check for the remaining payments, or are you trading it in? If trading in, you want to make sure that you aren't getting shorted on the trade value - there may be more than $1200 equity.
    Good questions, thank you. The applicable sales tax is 9.5%, and there is an extra 0.3% vehicle sales tax on top, so 9.8% is correct. At least we don't have income tax (yet).

I definitely need to nail down the details on the BMW. They're not giving me a check. I have max security deposits and have to ensure that I get them back, and that I'm not responsible for any deficiencies if they are going to wholesale it. Based on what I can tell, trade-in values are a few thousand less than my residual (which is high, the downside to BMW's low monthly lease payments is a high residual at end of lease) so I doubt I have equity.
    So, the $1200 that the dealership is using to 'cover' the last three payments has to go somewhere - is that reflected in the net cap cost?
    Michaell, the $1200 is not added to the numbers I quoted. I guess maybe they'd go even lower on the sale price without it, but I don't know that for sure. Invoice according to the Edmunds numbers is $37,745, so the negotiated sale price is already $2k below invoice. Contrary to what I was expecting, the dealership is actually going to give me a check at signing, and I turn in the BMW myself.
    In my opinion, that's the best way to go. Seems like a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    Was all in on a '14 BMW 328 until I ran into this deal. I have a G37s now, but now that lease is ending so talked to my guy at Infiniti. Here's the deal.

North Carolina

2013 Infiniti G37 - Premium
    - MSRP of 36,995
    - Adj Price = 30,029.67
    - Balance after fees = 32,948.02

Residual = 54%
    MF = .00021
    39 mos / 12K miles
    500 down (which includes 1st pymt)
    Monthly Pymt incl Tax = $350.00

They say they are all in on their deal. What do you think?

Thanks for this great forum & info.

Was all in on a '14 BMW 328 until I ran into this deal. I have a G37s now, but now that lease is ending so talked to my guy at Infiniti. Here's the deal.

North Carolina

2013 Infiniti G37 - Premium
    - MSRP of 36,995
    - Adj Price = 30,029.67
    - Balance after fees = 32,948.02

Residual = 54%
    MF = .00021
    39 mos / 12K miles
    500 down (which includes 1st pymt)
    Monthly Pymt incl Tax = $350.00

They say they are all in on their deal. What do you think?

Thanks for this great forum & info.

With your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $343.70/mo for 39 months. $350 with tax seems quite strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• arai3arai3 Member Posts: 17
    Back in Dec 2013 I was able to get a G37 with some add-ons MSRP: $38475 on a 2 year lease at $334.xx per month including taxes.
    ( i need to look up my paperwork for the residual numbers) I think residual was 73%.

With the lease coming to an end I am looking at my options. Could any of the pros here suggest if its a wise idea to buy out the car at end of lease term? I have about 18500 miles on it at the moment and will probably add on 2.5k more before the lease is done. No damages or accidents.

I honestly am not liking the new Q series cars and am not considering leasing one of those. If I dont buy this one out, I might just buy another car :(

Any and all advice is welcome. TIA.
  • jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    arai3 said:
    Back in Dec 2013 I was able to get a G37 with some add-ons MSRP: $38475 on a 2 year lease at $334.xx per month including taxes. ( i need to look up my paperwork for the residual numbers) I think residual was 73%. With the lease coming to an end I am looking at my options. Could any of the pros here suggest if its a wise idea to buy out the car at end of lease term? I have about 18500 miles on it at the moment and will probably add on 2.5k more before the lease is done. No damages or accidents. I honestly am not liking the new Q series cars and am not considering leasing one of those. If I dont buy this one out, I might just buy another car :( Any and all advice is welcome. TIA.
    Whatever your residual is, I'm willing to bet that it's more than what you would need to pay for a certified used comparable G37. The G37 MSRPs got dropped about $4K around that time and Infiniti subsidized the leases with some inflated residuals back then. Call IFS to find out what your payoff amount is.

I returned my 2013 G37 lease in July with a $30K residual and found it back on a lot weeks later for sale at $27K asking. If you want to keep driving a G37, take a look at the used inventory at the dealers around you. You might be able to get a comparable car in the mid $20K range with some haggling.
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
    jkipster said:

Whatever your residual is, I'm willing to bet that it's more than what you would need to pay for a certified used comparable G37. The G37 MSRPs got dropped about $4K around that time and Infiniti subsidized the leases with some inflated residuals back then. Call IFS to find out what your payoff amount is.

I returned my 2013 G37 lease in July with a $30K residual and found it back on a lot weeks later for sale at $27K asking. If you want to keep driving a G37, take a look at the used inventory at the dealers around you. You might be able to get a comparable car in the mid $20K range with some haggling.

Yes, the residual on my car is pretty high. $27246 + a $300 purchase option fee.
    The only reasons I am even thinking of buying out this car are:
    1. The low mileage. (18k at the moment and might hit 21k by lease end)
    2. I know I have cared for it, always serviced, driven it well and used premium gas always.
    3. I dont like any of the new Infiniti sedans.
    4. Cant think of another car that blends the tight suspension and performance for the price point and reliability.

If I walk away from this car I certainly wont get another used G37. There are some things like the lack of space and storage that irk me a lot and I wont be willing to make those compromises on some one elses car (I think)

I am thinking I can negotiate the car for a sale at lower price. I dont know how easy that would be. 2 years back Infiniti did some crazy lease deals and I am thinking a lot of people are just leaving the cars and walking away. But used car inventory doesnt look very bloated either.
    arai3 said:

jkipster said:

Yes, the residual on my car is pretty high. $27246 + a $300 purchase option fee.
    2. I know I have cared for it, always serviced, driven it well and used premium gas always.
    4. Cant think of another car that blends the tight suspension and performance for the price point and reliability.

If I walk away from this car I certainly wont get another used G37. There are some things like the lack of space and storage that irk me a lot and I wont be willing to make those compromises on some one elses car (I think)

I am thinking I can negotiate the car for a sale at lower price. I dont know how easy that would be. 2 years back Infiniti did some crazy lease deals and I am thinking a lot of people are just leaving the cars and walking away. But used car inventory doesnt look very bloated either.

It's unlikely that you'll be able to negotiate the buyout price - IFS has insurance to protect them on the difference between the residual value and the market value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

jkipster said:

It's unlikely that you'll be able to negotiate the buyout price - IFS has insurance to protect them on the difference between the residual value and the market value.

Sigh. So it is going to be back to car hunting. If only the new Q was as good as the G.
    I dont even know where to start at this point :worried:
    arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

jkipster said:

Sigh. So it is going to be back to car hunting. If only the new Q was as good as the G.

See if you can find a leftover Q40 - it's the same car as the G37, but with a new name. Decent lease deals are out there, too.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    Michaell said:

Yes, the residual on my car is pretty high. $27246 + a $300 purchase option fee. The only reasons I am even thinking of buying out this car are: 1. The low mileage. (18k at the moment and might hit 21k by lease end) 2. I know I have cared for it, always serviced, driven it well and used premium gas always. 3. I dont like any of the new Infiniti sedans. 4. Cant think of another car that blends the tight suspension and performance for the price point and reliability. If I walk away from this car I certainly wont get another used G37. There are some things like the lack of space and storage that irk me a lot and I wont be willing to make those compromises on some one elses car (I think) I am thinking I can negotiate the car for a sale at lower price. I dont know how easy that would be. 2 years back Infiniti did some crazy lease deals and I am thinking a lot of people are just leaving the cars and walking away. But used car inventory doesnt look very bloated either.
    Sigh. So it is going to be back to car hunting. If only the new Q was as good as the G. I dont even know where to start at this point :worried:
    See if you can find a leftover Q40 - it's the same car as the G37, but with a new name. Decent lease deals are out there, too.
    Or do a long term rental or Uber for a month or so until your old car shows up out of auction and buy it back. I returned mine at one SoCal dealer and it showed up at another SoCal dealer a few weeks later.

My old car was over 5K miles under the lease limit too. I called IFS about negotiating the residual and they confirmed that they don't do that. I leased a new Q40 instead. 
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
    jkipster said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

jkipster said:

Or do a long term rental or Uber for a month or so until your old car shows up out of auction and buy it back. I returned mine at one SoCal dealer and it showed up at another SoCal dealer a few weeks later.

My old car was over 5K miles under the lease limit too. I called IFS about negotiating the residual and they confirmed that they don't do that. I leased a new Q40 instead. 

I did not talk to IFS yet. I did talk to a sales guy at my dealership. They called back offering paying off the 2 remaining 2 months and waiving the disposition fee if I pick a car from them this month.

They dont have any Q40s and told me Infiniti stopped making them.

I tried out the WRX stick. Was really rusty moving the stick but I think I can manage it. However the interiors left me wanting for more after driving Infinitis for about 5 years now.

Alternately I am thinking of picking up a used 328i with under 30k miles. I am wondering if I can find the right forum to figure out the right price I should pay for it.

Additionally a dealer offered to take my G37 as a trade without me paying it out. They were willing to take it in and use the remaining payments towards down of a new car. Saying I dont need to take back and Infiniti will deal with them. Does this really work out? I am not sure how can I trade in a leased car?
    Hi,

I have 2 additional questions. Where can I start to look for fair pricing on used previously leased G37s? Details on what should be the actual depreciated value, etc. I am seeing some decently priced ones around my area. I wanted to check if they are a good deal or if I am paying more.

For a 2013 Premium package with Nav and some dealer fit add-on's with ~27k miles I am seeing listing for $24k.
    2012 G37 w/ Premium and Nav with 13k miles for ~$24k.
    arai3 said:

jkipster said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

jkipster said:

I did not talk to IFS yet. I did talk to a sales guy at my dealership. They called back offering paying off the 2 remaining 2 months and waiving the disposition fee if I pick a car from them this month.

They dont have any Q40s and told me Infiniti stopped making them.

I tried out the WRX stick. Was really rusty moving the stick but I think I can manage it. However the interiors left me wanting for more after driving Infinitis for about 5 years now.

Alternately I am thinking of picking up a used 328i with under 30k miles. I am wondering if I can find the right forum to figure out the right price I should pay for it.

Additionally a dealer offered to take my G37 as a trade without me paying it out. They were willing to take it in and use the remaining payments towards down of a new car. Saying I dont need to take back and Infiniti will deal with them. Does this really work out? I am not sure how can I trade in a leased car?

Trading in a leased car is no different than trading in a car you are financing. There is a payoff amount (get that number from IFS) and head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion for an appraisal of the value. If you have positive equity, congrats - that's really rare.

But, the transaction works the same either way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

arai3 said:

Hi,

I have 2 additional questions. Where can I start to look for fair pricing on used previously leased G37s? Details on what should be the actual depreciated value, etc. I am seeing some decently priced ones around my area. I wanted to check if they are a good deal or if I am paying more.

For a 2013 Premium package with Nav and some dealer fit add-on's with ~27k miles I am seeing listing for $24k.

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to get started.

In addition, the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion has some folks who know the auction values and can give you a good idea of what a decent selling price would be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Hi,

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to get started.

In addition, the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion has some folks who know the auction values and can give you a good idea of what a decent selling price would be.
    Is there a bug with the tool or am I doing something wrong.

If I select Infiniti -> G37 -> I dont see 2012/ 2013 as a year option.
    I select "used" however that doesnt change the page. I am trying in Firefox, also tried chrome.
    arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Hi,

I select "used" however that doesnt change the page. I am trying in Firefox, also tried chrome.
    Try the "used cars" button instead - should take you to a separate page where you can select make and model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Hi,

Instead of "G37", click on "G sedan".

Don't ask me why...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Hi,

Don't ask me why...
    Thanks. I am able to see details with this. But isnt this just the pricing from the dealership anyway?

For e.g.: http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g-sedan/2013/for-sale/az/chandler/?invtype=CPO

This is showing me 3 cars at the dealership I am looking at. It is pulling the pricing from their website, how do I know if that is a good price to pay for the same?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    arai3 said:

kyfdx said:

arai3 said:

Michaell said:

arai3 said:

Hi,

Don't ask me why...
    Thanks. I am able to see details with this. But isnt this just the pricing from the dealership anyway?

For e.g.: http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g-sedan/2013/for-sale/az/chandler/?invtype=CPO

This is showing me 3 cars at the dealership I am looking at. It is pulling the pricing from their website, how do I know if that is a good price to pay for the same?
    If you want Edmunds TMV, go to the bottom of any page under Used Cars and click on "Appraise Your Car".

With all of the advertising, it gets harder and harder to find the tools you need.... sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator