Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Small Windows Make For Good Visibility - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Kia
imageSmall Windows Make For Good Visibility - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Even the smallest windows can result in better visibility. Our 2015 Kia Sedona is a case in point.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I noticed the other day that my company's 2014 Ford Fusion had small windows like that in the A-Pillars. It made me nostalgic for vent windows. I know that nowadays cars are designed to be driven with the windows up, AC/Fan/Heater on; but there's nothing like cruising down the road with a vent window open to provide air into the cabin. In fact, vent windows is probably one of the main things I'd love to see car companies bring back. That, and a centrally located fuel filler, like behind the rear license plate, so that I wouldn't pull in on the wrong side at the gas station. "What car am I in? Crap...its on the Passenger side. WHY is it on the passenger side? If it was on the Driver's side, I could sort of get it."
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    The Odyssey and Sienna also have these windows.
  • craigo7craigo7 Member Posts: 51

I noticed the other day that my company's 2014 Ford Fusion had small windows like that in the A-Pillars. It made me nostalgic for vent windows. I know that nowadays cars are designed to be driven with the windows up, AC/Fan/Heater on; but there's nothing like cruising down the road with a vent window open to provide air into the cabin. In fact, vent windows is probably one of the main things I'd love to see car companies bring back. That, and a centrally located fuel filler, like behind the rear license plate, so that I wouldn't pull in on the wrong side at the gas station. "What car am I in? Crap...its on the Passenger side. WHY is it on the passenger side? If it was on the Driver's side, I could sort of get it."

The arrow next to the gas pump icon points to the side where the filler is.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    craigo7 said:

<

The arrow next to the gas pump icon points to the side where the filler is.

Craig: Yeah, I know it does...my issue is more along the lines of, I have multiple vehicles and if I drive one more often than the other over a period of time, I fall into the habit of how I pull into the gas station. My Suburban has the gas tank on the right side of the vehicle, like my wife will EVER get out and voluntarily pump gas, while my F-150 has it in the more sensible location of the left side of the vehicle.
    This isn't a case of I can't locate it. This is a case of, "Crap...I forgot."