Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Replacing Tired Trunk Struts - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Dodge
imageReplacing Tired Trunk Struts - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

We replaced the faulty trunk struts on our 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8. Here's how we did it and how much it cost.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    Nice fix! I'm glad it was simple and cheap.

I just knew I'd come here and find someone ranting "why didn't you do this on your 2005 CL65 AMG?" Alas, no mention of it. I'm not sure if I'm pleasantly surprised or disappointed in our LT Blog Commenters...
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I hope you were given the struts for the decklid w/spoiler, it appears that they are different from the w/o spoiler Chargers.
  • Options
    rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2015
    bc1960 said:

I hope you were given the struts for the decklid w/spoiler, it appears that they are different from the w/o spoiler Chargers.

bc1960,
    The dealer ordered the struts with the car's VIN so these were the right ones. I knew this was an issue, which is why I went with the factory parts to be sure.

-Ron Montoya, Senior Consumer Advice Editor
  • Options
    janet_kjanet_k Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2015
    Interesting that you would perform this relatively simple fix on the Charger yet you didn't on the CL65 but instead chose to complain about it severally.

Edit: I posted this before reading @iamthestig's comment.