Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Chevrolet
There's something singular about the Chevrolet Camaro. It's not named after a horse, or a fish, or a city in Spain, or some alphanumeric gobbledygook. It's its own thing with a made-up name generated by some GM executives in mid-'60s Detroit. And nothing about that has changed with the all-new sixth-generation 2016 Camaro.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I never would have imagined a bone stock V6 Camaro could run 13s in the quarter. If I recall correctly that's faster than a '69 Z-28 by nearly a full second! Bravo GM.
  • natschampnatschamp Member Posts: 22
    Soooooooo much better looking than the new Vette. The ads from back yonder once said :"closest thing to a Vette yet."
    Well, this IS the closest, ever.
  • bonzjrbonzjr Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2015
    Remember when "Road Test" actually meant something? You know, like hooking up test equipment to the car and running the actual numbers? This is not a road test at all. It's a first drive with impressions which is exactly what every other publication/blog/site is calling it save for Edmunds. Stop 'false advertising' with the hook. Edmunds continues to scrape the bottom in terms of quality especially compared to the once great enthusiast site this once was.

That said, bitchin' Camaro! It seems to have advanced quite a bit in terms of performance, refinement and style. Kudos to GM for making the car seem like it was actually 'engineered' and not just a collection of parts bin items wrapped in a cartoon body. Competitors might want to actually take this thing seriously.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Agree, Bonzjr. This is a preview, not a road test. If you are interested in an actual test, head over to Car & Driver, they have separate articles on the V6 and SS cars with actual 0-60 tests
  • blankerismblankerism Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    longer? when GM went to press, their own press releases said it was 2 inches shorter than the previous generation. makes one wonder what car are they reviewing exactly? and knowing how the ATS and CTS handle in other publications, especially in V sport trim, I find it hard to believe that they think the Mustang handles or rides better than GM's Alpha platform.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    Are all the interiors black? The pictures show some small seat and door pocket color inserts in a black interior and all dashboards appear black. These are all black interiors to me. If so, this is something manufacturers need to get away from. A car like this should throw back to the days when you could get some variety of interiors.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this but... the Camaro appears to be one hell of a performance bargain. I don't think any rationale person can argue that. However, why does this car continue to appear to be styled by 14-year olds who are obsessed with Transformers and why didn't they address the abysmal visibility. Blind spot monitoring and cameras help, but as the article suggested, they can't make up for poor sightlines.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    This thing is a beast. It's insane the level of performance that's available in cars like this now. 0-60 under 4 sec and .99 lateral G's!?!? As awesome as it is, and the V6 is no slouch, I kind of wish there was another V8 option slotted in between the V6 and the 6.2. Maybe a version of the 5.3 massaged to around 375 hp. The 6.2 is more performance than I'll ever need but any Camaro I'd put money on has to have a V8. I wouldn't really care if it was a few tenths slower than a Mustang or Challenger, it would still be all the fun I'd need it to be.