Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease return: Local Nissan dealers won't accept vehicle leased from another town

dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
edited October 2015 in Nissan
Hi
I am trying to return my Nissan leaf at end of lease. It was leased from a dealership 60 miles away from my current residence. All 6 dealers near my location are refusing to accept cars not leased from their own location, citing lack of space. I always thought (and earlier Nissan customer support told me) that I could return my car to any Nissan dealer! Today even Nissan customer support is asking me to go back to location where I leased it from.

Has anyone else faced this situation? Do I need to drive 60 miles to return this car? What do people do with leased vehicles if they have to relocate far?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I'm wondering why you drove 60 miles to lease that car when you have six Nissan stores near your location?

I have no idea what rules Nissan sets but I also wonder what they would have told you if you moved several states away? Would they still make you return it where you leased it?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    Have you talked with NMAC (finance company)?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4