Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Truck stalls after 15 mins

goldenwolfeyesgoldenwolfeyes Member Posts: 1
edited August 2015 in Chevrolet
Ok guys lets see if some one here can help me out I have an 03 Silverado 1500 ext cab 4.8L V8 4X4 Z71 its a great truck but its now giving me problems the check engine lite came on a little bit before the problem happened the code it gave me was for cylinder 2 misfire now it starts up just fine and idles fine when I go to drive it is when it stalls out on me it will go for about a mile and just cuts out no warning and once it stalls I cant get it to start back up for a few hours I've replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and fuel pump and everyone I have told the symptoms I know I have pressure in the fuel lines cause it runs but once it gets to normal operating temp I hit the gas and its dead until it cools down at least that's what it seems like

Comments

• vega_scagnettivega_scagnetti Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever find out the issue. I'm having the same problem.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    What has to happen here is right after the stall someone has to check fuel pressure, test for spark, and also test for injector pulse. If you can't test the problem while it is occurring, then you're only guessing as to what's going on---did you lose fuel pressure, spark or injector pulse?