Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease information - 2016 Q5

mtmdcsdmtmdcsd Member Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in Audi
I'm looking at leasing for the first time - a Q5 Premium Plus with Tech.

What should I be looking at in terms of residual and money factor on a 10k/yr lease for 36 or 42 months?

Dealer is quoting 51% on a 42 month, but a stupid high money factor of >.002 despite pristine credit.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    mtmdcsd said:

I'm looking at leasing for the first time - a Q5 Premium Plus with Tech.

What should I be looking at in terms of residual and money factor on a 10k/yr lease for 36 or 42 months?

Dealer is quoting 51% on a 42 month, but a stupid high money factor of >.002 despite pristine credit.

2.0T or 3.0T? 2016 or 2015?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    orange_diverorange_diver Member Posts: 13
    hi there. can you please tell me the MF and residual for a 2016/2015 Q5 3.0 TDI Premium Plus with tech package? 10K miles/year, 36 months, in Los Angeles, Tier 1 credit. And when do the MF/residual numbers change? Thank you.
  • Options

hi there. can you please tell me the MF and residual for a 2016/2015 Q5 3.0 TDI Premium Plus with tech package? 10K miles/year, 36 months, in Los Angeles, Tier 1 credit. And when do the MF/residual numbers change? Thank you.

2015: .00189 MF and 56% residual
    2016: .00169 MF and 60% residual

Current program is scheduled to run through the end of the year, but Audi will probably update it, before then.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dealer just quoted for 2016: .00130MF and 61% residual so i guess that's better? do you expect audi to update it in favor of the buyer?
  • Options

dealer just quoted for 2016: .00130MF and 61% residual so i guess that's better? do you expect audi to update it in favor of the buyer?

I think the dealer is wrong..

If they update it, I'd expect it to get better for the 2016 model, but no idea what might happen to the 2015 numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dealer is quoting $54605 MSRP, $50,000 cap cost, $1950 drive off which does not contain any cap cost reduction, just first month, dmv, bank fees, etc. $659/mo incl tax. how does this look to you?
  • Options

dealer is quoting $54605 MSRP, $50,000 cap cost, $1950 drive off which does not contain any cap cost reduction, just first month, dmv, bank fees, etc. $659/mo incl tax. how does this look to you?

I get $618/mo.+tax, using my lease variables. Depending on your tax rate, that looks pretty close.

$572/mo.+tax using the lease variable the dealer gave you, above..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    many thanks, getting more info from them today.
  • Options
    my math jibes with yours for the lease variables i presented but i've run it multiple times and i can't seem to figure out how you are arriving at the cheaper monthly payment of $572/mo with your lease variables, which have a higher MF and lower residual? what am i doing wrong?
  • Options

my math jibes with yours for the lease variables i presented but i've run it multiple times and i can't seem to figure out how you are arriving at the cheaper monthly payment of $572/mo with your lease variables, which have a higher MF and lower residual? what am i doing wrong?

$618/mo. with my variables
    $572/mo. with yours..

Your variable are better than mine (but, mine are correct) ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Ha. Ok I misread. Got it now BUT I get the $618 with MY variables. Can you direct me to a formula or software that you use to derive your #s or is that some super secret sauce?
  • Options
    figured it out. i didnt know that residual was based off the MSRP not cap cost...
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

figured it out. i didnt know that residual was based off the MSRP not cap cost...

A common mistake ... glad you were able to find the problem.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    yes me too. can you please tell me what the decrease in MF is for every security deposit payment made? is it up to 10 deposits max?

also, have the new MF and residual come in for November?
  • Options

yes me too. can you please tell me what the decrease in MF is for every security deposit payment made? is it up to 10 deposits max?

also, have the new MF and residual come in for November?

My understanding is that the Audi MSD program allows 9 security deposits, each of which lower the MF by .00005.

No changes to the lease numbers for November, that I've seen - current Audi numbers good until 1/4/16.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    soldav777soldav777 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2015
    Hi
    First time leasing and need some expert advice.
    dealer is quoting me MSRP49390 , Selling price 43135, 1843.99 down, residual 54 Lease term 39 months, MF 0.00136, monthly payment 490.10 before tax and after tax its 530. Residual value coming to 26,670.6

this is for 2016 Audi Q5 Premium plus with tech package. with 12,000 miles per year..

Does this seem right.. if I can further negotiate, what should I ask.. how is MF affect up or down..
  • Options
    soldav777 said:

Hi
    dealer is quoting me MSRP49390 , Selling price 43135, 1843.99 down, residual 54 Lease term 39 months, MF 0.00136, monthly payment 490.10 before tax and after tax its 530. Residual value coming to 26,670.6

this is for 2016 Audi Q5 Premium plus with tech package. with 12,000 miles per year..

Does this seem right.. if I can further negotiate, what should I ask.. how is MF affect up or down..

I actually show .00146 as the base MF for that model and term (2.0T, right?).

Using your numbers, I get $517/mo.+tax. Do you know the adjusted CAP cost?

Yours looks like a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited December 2015
    kyfdx said:

soldav777 said:

Hi

Thanks.. I am not sure what is the adjusted cap cost.. will affect the lease.. Yes Its 2.0T .. will not the Selling price be the cap cost if I'm paying the doc fee, MVC fee and bank fee?
  • Options
    soldav777 said:

kyfdx said:

soldav777 said:

Hi

Thanks.. I am not sure what is the adjusted cap cost.. will affect the lease.. Yes Its 2.0T .. will not the Selling price be the cap cost if I'm paying the doc fee, MVC fee and bank fee?
    The selling price should be the cap cost if you are paying all the fees up front. But, confirm with the dealer. They like to slip things in to bump the price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    Hi First time leasing and need some expert advice. dealer is quoting me MSRP49390 , Selling price 43135, 1843.99 down, residual 54 Lease term 39 months, MF 0.00136, monthly payment 490.10 before tax and after tax its 530. Residual value coming to 26,670.6 this is for 2016 Audi Q5 Premium plus with tech package. with 12,000 miles per year.. Does this seem right.. if I can further negotiate, what should I ask.. how is MF affect up or down..
    I actually show .00146 as the base MF for that model and term (2.0T, right?). Using your numbers, I get $517/mo.+tax. Do you know the adjusted CAP cost? Yours looks like a good deal.
    The selling price should be the cap cost if you are paying all the fees up front. But, confirm with the dealer. They like to slip things in to bump the price.
    I asked them and it's only a disposition fee that I should pay if I fail to pick another lease...
  • Options

soldav777 said:
    Michaell said:
    Hi First time leasing and need some expert advice. dealer is quoting me MSRP49390 , Selling price 43135, 1843.99 down, residual 54 Lease term 39 months, MF 0.00136, monthly payment 490.10 before tax and after tax its 530. Residual value coming to 26,670.6 this is for 2016 Audi Q5 Premium plus with tech package. with 12,000 miles per year.. Does this seem right.. if I can further negotiate, what should I ask.. how is MF affect up or down..
    I actually show .00146 as the base MF for that model and term (2.0T, right?). Using your numbers, I get $517/mo.+tax. Do you know the adjusted CAP cost? Yours looks like a good deal.
    I asked them and it's only a disposition fee that I should pay if I fail to pick another lease...is there anything that I should specific  in lease agreement just to be sure..