Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease offer on a 2015 BMW 328xi EX loaner

wunderboy1234wunderboy1234 Member Posts: 8
edited October 2015 in BMW
Hi, I am looking at leasing an ex-loaner BMW 328xi 2015 here in PA. The best offer I have had with the options listed below is $399.86/month with $2,228 at signing. Taxes included. I believe this is 9% here where I am. This is for 36 months, 10,000 miles. The current mileage on the car is only 7,000. The MSRP was listed at $51,500. Residual value is $31,800. The selling price was $44,494, but I got it down to $41,950. Is this a good offer? I have no idea what the money factor is. I have asked this question to the dealer. What else can I negotiate? I have excellent credit. What is the least money factor or rv value I should settle for? Should I try and get 12,000 miles at the same price? Thanks in advance for reading and for your help. ---------// * Exterior Color: Alpine White * Interior Color: Saddle Brown ---------- Included Packages Technology Package * Navigation System w/Touchpad * Head-Up Display * BMW Online & BMW Apps * Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information * Remote Services * Instrument Cluster w/Extended Contents Premium Package * Comfort Access Keyless Entry * Moonroof * Lumbar Support * Satellite Radio * Dakota Leather Upholstery Luxury Line * Wheels: 18 x 8 Light Alloy Multi-Spoke * Without Lines Designation Outside * Anthracite Wood Trim * Pearl Gloss Chrome Highlight Trim Finishers * Luxury Line Aesthetic Elements * Dakota Leather Upholstery * Remove Increased Top Speed * Tires: P225/45R18 All Season Cold Weather Package * Heated Steering Wheel * Heated Front Seats * Heated Rear Seats * Retractable Headlight Washers Driver Assistance Package * Rear View Camera * Park Distance Control Additional Options * harman/kardon Surround Sound System ------_

Best Answer

Answers

• wunderboy1234wunderboy1234 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for responding! When you say $515 reduction did you mean on the 41,950 selling price? Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Thanks for responding! When you say $515 reduction did you mean on the 41,950 selling price? Thanks

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

The $515 is the cost of reducing the residual by 1% to get 12K/yr.. If you are asking the dealer to give you the same price for 12K as 10K/yr, then they would have to drop the selling price by $515 to achieve that.

Just pointing out that it's not like asking them to throw in a $125 set of mats that they paid $80 for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Gotcha. Thanks for that. I am planning to sign and take delivery on Monday. I went in today to check the car out and it looks good. Needs some detailing with very minor scratches at the back. They tried to sell me on the tires package. Should I go for it? Not sure I understand completely. They said tires were very expensive. Also for some wierd reason the tire pressure morning came on and had to be reset. The dealer said it is normal in a cold morning and that flat run tires breathe themselves. Is this true?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Gotcha. Thanks for that. I am planning to sign and take delivery on Monday. I went in today to check the car out and it looks good. Needs some detailing with very minor scratches at the back. They tried to sell me on the tires package. Should I go for it? Not sure I understand completely. They said tires were very expensive. Also for some wierd reason the tire pressure morning came on and had to be reset. The dealer said it is normal in a cold morning and that flat run tires breathe themselves. Is this true?

Tire/wheel insurance is expensive for what you get.. it's a big profit center for the dealership, though.

My wife's TPMS came on this week, as well. With cold weather, tire pressures change and sometimes have to be adjusted.. Pretty normal, as they say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again !!!