Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda CR-V Recall

carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
edited November 2015 in Honda
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-31/honda-recalls-2016-cr-vs-on-new-exploding-takata-air-bag-defect

Awww shucks,
I was going to buy this car for my wife as Christmas present .

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Takata can't get a break on their airbag problems. Can't get a handle on it either it seems.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    How can they recall the new CR-V when I'm still waiting for an airbag for my 2006 model vehicle? :@

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rhody401rhody401 Member Posts: 28
    They only recalled 30 of them, which probably lasted about a day until all the 30 new purchases were told to bring them back. The remaining 2016s with the issue were fixed while they were still in the distribution chain (before sold) The story is getting a lot of press for 30 vehicles, IMO :) Fortunately they addressed it immediately and there were no safety incidents.
  • Options
    "Honda Motor Co said it will no longer use front air bag inflators made by Japan’s Takata Corp, raising questions about the future of the embattled parts supplier.

Regulators have linked eight deaths — all in Honda cars — to the Takata inflators, which use ammonium nitrate and can explode with too much force, spraying metal fragments inside vehicles."

Honda drops air bag manufacturer Takata amid recall, fines (kcrg.com)
  • Options
    A reporter is looking to get in touch with car owners who are waiting for replacement parts, etc. for their faulty Takata air bags. If you're an affected owner and you'd like to help, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, November 9, 2015.
  • Options
    zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    These 'reporters' lol can't they just come out and say focus groups or marketers?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    We get these requests from all the "majors" - WSJ, NY Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNN, etc. Not sure, but I don't think the reporters necessarily want their competition to know what kind of stories they are working on. We have a whole department that handles these requests and we offer a lot of industry research in addition to our usual car buying info. Stuff like what's the most researched car* on our site, etc. We filter them so we don't wind up overloading the forums with them.

*Often the CR-V, as it happens.
  • Options
    And here's another: :)

A reporter is looking to talk with someone who recently bought or leased a small crossover SUV (such as a CR-V or RAV4). If you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than Tuesday December 22, 2015.