Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Volt Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
Tell us about shopping for a Chevy Volt!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• esteban1esteban1 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone got a 2012 Volt yet? I am interested if I can get cost below 30.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A journalist is looking to speak with anyone who recently purchased a Chevy Volt or a Chevy Cruze. Please send a brief description of your shopping experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, February 6, 2012

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• stormy111stormy111 Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2012
    A number of Chevy dealers in central CT were selling their 2011 demo Volts - picked one up with 533 miles at the end of April 2012 for $39,900 plus tax (Sticker on my Volt was $43,800). Back the $7,500 Fed tax credit out of that, bottom line was $32,400. Plus, Volt came with some valuable benefits, including 0% financing for 5 years with $0 down, 5 years of Onstar for free, and $50 service credit from dealer and first service for free. I had figured the Volt would get about what a Prius got for mileage (50 MPG), but with 5 weeks & 3k miles on it, average mileage is 86 MPG (not a typo)! If you can charge this thing every night and get 40 miles on electric next day, MPG figures are better than Prius if you average under 125 miles/day, and are sick (100+MPG) if you average 60 miles/day or under. Our electricity is some of most expensive in the country here in CT (16.5 cents per kWhr), but nightly recharge is about $2/day. Car had some minor fit and finish issues, but nothing major so far.... :)
  • cody1943cody1943 Member Posts: 7
    Bought Demo/loaner under 2000 miles, licensed by dealer $45,215msrp loaded, paid including dealer $7500 fed tax, $32,490 and had GM points from cr card w/bonus got it down below $30,000. 72 mos 0% int. 6 days, 00000 gas and 300 miles elect costs of under $5. so far. My elect cost are 11.3cents kwh and getting offpeak installed next week bringing down rate to 4.5 cents per hour or if I use up all elect each day about 60 cents a night to charge. Tired of paying $250 a month for gas. Great car for those who drive 45 miles a day or less, fun to drive, lots of power and don't have to worry about gas prices. Have got up to 46.3 miles on a charge so far. And wife loves it.
  • jcflawjcflaw Member Posts: 3
    The best price for 2013 I have secured is $4000 off sticker and 0% financing...now another dealer called and offered $6000 off sticker which I think is total BS.

There is nothing anywhere on GM site about extent of rebates, incentives to dealer or consumer but clearly they are out there. How would dealer give $4000 or $6000 off??
  • highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    I hear that best price for a chevy volt can be about $2000 less than invoice.

So for a fully loaded , with Premium trip, navigation, safety 1 and 2, the price would be $39500...... and then take another $5000 off dealer incentive.

$34500...... =+ tax and License.

What do you guys think ?
  • summermoonsummermoon Member Posts: 1
    Hi, anybody knows what are current tax incentives in NJ? Is $7500 federal rebate still available, anything from state of NJ?
    Thank you.
  • carbuyer1237carbuyer1237 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    2013 Volt, Safety Package 1, NAV, Premium Sound, Red Tricoat, leather

Price paid: 34000 +TAX, 36k out the door - 3k PA rebate, -7.5K tax credit, - 50 bucks Peco rebate

MSRP: $44xxx, selling price 41000-7000cash back

Dealer: John Sauder Chevrolet, Ephrata, PA
    Purchase: December 2013
  • ted4x4ted4x4 Member Posts: 1

was that 7k actual cash back or tax credit? that dealer just told me invoice was best they could do on a 2013 was 1k off msrp...

• likesmyvoltlikesmyvolt Member Posts: 1

Purchased new 2013 Chevy Volt in Nov 2013; almost all available options; stickered $45k+, less $7,500 tax, $7k rebate, $750 rebate, mark-down almost $3k, ended up paying about $26k...VERY happy with it so far!

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited February 2014

Hey There,

We're pleased to hear that you are happy with your vehicle. Please let us know if you ever have any questions, concerns, or need any assistance. We can be reached by email at socialmedia@gm.com. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
    GM Customer Care

• highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    What are the best prices for the Volt now in 2015 October ?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    The 2016's appear to be going for MSRP, at least the base model.

A 2015 base is about $1,000 under invoice, looking at TMV. Oh, there's a $1,000 incentive right now, so call it $2,000 under invoice.

Any recent buyers lurking?
  • randyjstarkrandyjstark Member Posts: 99
    Looking to buy a 2015 VOLT MSRP 40,145 and the dealer quoted $29,275 plus tax/tags - 30,275 plus tax/tags if going with the 0% financing. They applied Bonus tag, consumer cash and $1500 competitor lease incentive. My question, can I combine the competitive vehicle lease incentive with the $1000 private offer I got from Chevy? Also is this a good deal? (10K off).

I also qualify for 7500 federal and 2k state rebates, which would bring the car down to about 20k plus tax/tags. Thoughts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Looking to buy a 2015 VOLT MSRP 40,145 and the dealer quoted $29,275 plus tax/tags - 30,275 plus tax/tags if going with the 0% financing. They applied Bonus tag, consumer cash and $1500 competitor lease incentive. My question, can I combine the competitive vehicle lease incentive with the $1000 private offer I got from Chevy? Also is this a good deal? (10K off).

I also qualify for 7500 federal and 2k state rebates, which would bring the car down to about 20k plus tax/tags. Thoughts?

1) No idea how the incentives might stack

2) Looks cheap to me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2016 Chevy Volt, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2015, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://bit.ly/1M6rOvA
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    I do not believe 2016 Volts are at Dealer lots yet -
    did you mean 2015s?
    2022 X3 M40i
    edited November 2015
    Looks like there's at least one out there @rayainsw. Good review of it by a member who also has a 2013 at this link.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Interesting - OK, just none within 200 miles of Atlanta.
    Maybe starting deliveries in SoCal - again?
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Would love to drive a 2016, when they are here...
    2022 X3 M40i
    There's three in Dallas (had that zip stuck in my TMV doing some price checks for someone). Hopefully they'll be trickling down your way soon.

Still wish there was a hatchback and that the "hump" would flatten out.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,000
    rayainsw said:

Interesting - OK, just none within 200 miles of Atlanta.
    Maybe starting deliveries in SoCal - again?
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Would love to drive a 2016, when they are here...

Here's hoping there will be some killer lease deals when I'm in the market next fall ... I've always felt the Volt was a good choice for the type of driving I do.

Just got to make it more budget friendly.

Of course, the Bolt will be here shortly. Maybe that would work.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited November 2015
    The Bolt looks good on paper but I'm not quite ready for a pure EV. Still leaning toward hybrid mode, if not a straight gasser.

Anyone shopping Volts currently?

(I hope y'all appreciate how I snuck in trickle and current in my last couple of posts).
    stever said:

The Bolt looks good on paper but I'm not quite ready for a pure EV. Still leaning toward hybrid mode, if not a straight gasser.

Anyone shopping Volts currently?

(I hope y'all appreciate how I snuck in trickle and current in my last couple of posts).

I wonder how much inventory is left of the 2015's. Or, everyone is waiting for the 2016's to be more available, given the improvements.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• greg0riogreg0rio Member Posts: 12
    I have nothing to compare this offer to so I'm not sure how good it is. The Premier's MSRP is $38,345. Dealer will do $35,545 which includes a Costco discount of $1500 and $1000 cash back. I feel like I'd like to get a better deal however they do seem to be flying off the lot.
    edited November 2015
    Well, the average price paid for a Las Cruces zip code is $37,773. That includes the destination but no options.

Sounds like a pretty decent deal from here.

Not seeing any 2016 Volts listed on our inventory page for this part of the country, which is around a million people from here to El Paso. Seems a bit odd. None upstate either. They must be kind of rare birds still.
  • greg0riogreg0rio Member Posts: 12
    I guess they are more abundant in Southern California.
  • jsgesqjsgesq Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the list of purchase incentives or rebates for 2016 Volt? 
    jsgesq said:

Does anyone have the list of purchase incentives or rebates for 2016 Volt? 

There aren't any. :disappointed:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator