Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Twenty-Three Grand Well Spent - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Dodge

imageTwenty-Three Grand Well Spent - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 has become one of my favorite cars in our long-term fleet. That it hasn't died on me is a helpful bonus.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Hey, don't be dissing the NSX. It is generally considered to have the reliability of an Accord. Sure, its expensive when its time to fix something, but its also a Supercar for its time. I am impressed that the Charger is doing well reliability wise, but why are there no odometer updates? I'd like to know how many miles you are putting on it. If you get this thing to 150k with very few problems, I'd be very impressed, but at this point I'd say its too early to tell.
  • sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    Yes. Swap out that cheap exhaust you guys have with Borla S-Types, or maybe Touring.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Isn't the "sound" part of the appeal?? My wife not might like it for an everyday kind of thing, but I know she'd LOVE it now and then.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I don't know if I agree about the 23 Grand well spent. I know it's a Full Size, RWD, V8 Performance Sedan that's got the vaunted SRT badge applied to it (assuming the notorious Chrysler Curse of a build quality hasn't caused it to fall off yet), which makes it cool. But for a bit more (approximately 25 grand, fully loaded with just about everything), you could tear around in a Ford Fiesta ST. Typically, the loan rates on a used vehicle are higher than a new vehicle. Particularly one that doesn't have any remaining factory warranty. While I know the ST gives up some interior room, and V8 Goodness, it comes with a factory warranty, will be easier to get financed, and will more than meet the average Millennial's needs while providing performance and a lot better fuel economy. If you'd been able to post something along the lines of "That's 15 grand well spent" I'd have been agreeing whole heartedly.

My main point is...if you're a person that can swing to either A) Get financing on a car that's already 8 years old that costs that much or B) have the cash available to purchase a car at that amount, then most people would be better served to go buy a newer version of that car or another less expensive model that will perform similarly new. I'll even throw down a "C" option. C) If you have the 23 Grand Cash, go buy an actual classic that'll at least hold it's value, even if it doesn't appreciate.