Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Feels Like a Luxury Car Should - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited November 2015 in BMW
imageFeels Like a Luxury Car Should - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

I love driving our 2015 BMW M235i because of its powerful V6 engine. Shouldn't all luxury cars be this way?

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509
    Larger engine by and large is more fun-to-drive, in my highly subjective opinion.
  • dm7279dm7279 Posts: 63
    The larger engines are simply more refined, and refinement is what customers of the luxury brands expect, in this country anyway.
  • daryleasondaryleason TexasPosts: 501
    I know the history of cars....from it's humble beginnings with Benz, the expansion pioneered by Ford, the design improvements, etc. But hands down I will always want a big V-8, manual transmission, rear wheel drive or four wheel drive vehicle. It doesn't matter what it is. Truck, sedan, coupe, convertible, van, SUV, etc.
    I'll buy a car with a four or six cylinder because of the price or fuel economy or whatever...but it's the sound of 8 cylinders creating that oh so sweet burble that I want.
    A V8 is the "Girl Next Door" photo spread. She may not be the Centerfold that the V-10s and V-12s from Italy produce, where their shear vulgarity makes you lust, but the Girl Next Door is the one you fantasize about on a regular basis.
    A 4 or 6 cylinder is the one that you come to realize has her benefits, and if you look for it, beauty. You can have a "nice" life together. You may even be fond of her. But you've settled for her. She knows it, she accepts it, but that's life.
    The 3 & 5 Cylinders though....those are the photos your friends send you at 3 am when the club is closing up. You know they're out there, but you don't want to see it, hear it, or smell it.
  • My previous two BMWs '08 E60, ''11 F10 had the 3L 6cyl motors. Now I've got a 2L F30 and really it's just fine. Acceleration is more than adequate, esp in sport mode. The mileage is a real advantage.
  • There was a time when German luxury cars had superior engines over lesser vehicles. I don't know if that's true anymore. I would put Ford's new 2.7 twin turbo V6 against anything from Germany. And Honda has always made some of the best 4 cylinder engines in the world. And to make that point clear, and prove that Honda has gone back to their roots, their upcoming 2.0 turbo 4 is supposed to put out 310 horsepower and 295 lb/ft of torque.
  • I enjoy the 3.5l V-6 in my '15 Accord, but I really like the 4.7l twin turbo V-8 in my '14 CLS550.
  • I really like.. :smile:
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who recently got a great deal on a new luxury brand vehicle (BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Jaguar, etc.). If you're willing to share your story, please reach out to [email protected] by no later than Friday, May 20, 2016.