Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 E-Golf lease

lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
edited May 2015 in Volkswagen
Hi, can you tell me the MF/Residual for a 2015 e-golf for December-Jan 5th values. 12k/36months. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33
    I've seen a bunch of the lease offers that seem to be from California for 7500 miles per year. All of the Volkswagen dealers in my area, Connecticut, are claiming that the lowest you can actually go is 10,000 miles per year. I only put on about 5000 or 5500  Miles per year, so I'd rather not pay for the additional 2500 miles if I don't have to. 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    czar4 said:

I've seen a bunch of the lease offers that seem to be from California for 7500 miles per year. All of the Volkswagen dealers in my area, Connecticut, are claiming that the lowest you can actually go is 10,000 miles per year. I only put on about 5000 or 5500  Miles per year, so I'd rather not pay for the additional 2500 miles if I don't have to. 

It's possible that California has regional options for leases that aren't available in other parts of the country.

Best way to confirm is to talk to a few VW dealers and ask them if they'll write a lease for 7500 miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    habqhabq Member Posts: 6
    Will you please tell me the rates on a 2015 e-Golf SEL Premium both 24 and 36 month lease at 10k miles?
  • Options
    habqhabq Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    A local dealer just quoted me 37%/.0001 for 7500 miles / 36 months on an SEL Premium. Is the residual really that bad?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    habq said:

A local dealer just quoted me 37%/.0001 for 7500 miles / 36 months on an SEL Premium. Is the residual really that bad?

It's actually .00001 MF and 37% residual.

There is a $7500 zero emissions bonus and $3500 in dealer lease cash. So, almost free financing and starting off with $11K plus off MSRP balances out the residual. You have to look at the whole deal.

24/10 residual is 43% and 36/10 residual is 36%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    slomosislomosi Member Posts: 3
    I got offered $2500 total drive off with $189 (tax included). does this sound like a good deal?
  • Options
    slomosi said:

I got offered $2500 total drive off with $189 (tax included). does this sound like a good deal?

Not enough information; we will need to know:

MSRP
    Selling price
    Lease term
    Miles per year
    Breakdown of the $2500 drive off

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    VW e-golf SEL
    Msrp: $36265
    36 months
    7500 miles per year
    $2500 drive off includes dmv, acquisition, 1st month etc.
    Did not get the selling price.
  • Options
    Do you know the current residual and money factor for September? Thanks!
  • Options
    slomosi said:

Do you know the current residual and money factor for September? Thanks!

The August program is valid through September 7th.

.00001 MF and 37% residual for 36mo, 7.5K/yr.
    $7500 zero emissions bonus
    $3500 dealer lease bonus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    woodypupwoodypup Member Posts: 5
    I'm back in the leasing hunt, but still not very clear how the $7500 tax credit and any other incentives figures into an e-Golf lease deal. Can someone explain, or point me to a resource?
    thanks
  • Options
    woodypup said:

I'm back in the leasing hunt, but still not very clear how the $7500 tax credit and any other incentives figures into an e-Golf lease deal. Can someone explain, or point me to a resource?
    thanks

The $7500 is an incentive from VW, that is essentially a pass-through of the federal tax credit. It will be listed as a CAP cost reduction and you'll likely have to pay sales tax on it, like any other rebate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited October 2015

Here's what I got quoted today for a '16 SEL:
    MSRP $36,265
    Selling Price: $29,997
    Incentives: $7500 + $2000(loyalty)
    License+Acquisition: $348(Oregon) + $625
    Net Cap Cost: $21,470
    Residual (for 24 months) is $15231
    MF: .00001
    $0 down
    24 monthly pmt: $260.32 (no sales tax in Oregon) = $6247.81 total for 2 years
    36 monthly pmt: $244.15 = $8790.30 for 3 years
    Sound like a good deal?

The dealer also told me there's $4500 "Lease Bonus Cash" but where would that figure into the calculation? Did he use that to get from MSRP to Selling Price?
  • Options
    woodypup said:

Here's what I got quoted today for a '16 SEL:
    MSRP $36,265
    Selling Price: $29,997
    Incentives: $7500 + $2000(loyalty)
    License+Acquisition: $348(Oregon) + $625
    Net Cap Cost: $21,470
    Residual (for 24 months) is $15231
    MF: .00001
    $0 down
    24 monthly pmt: $260.32 (no sales tax in Oregon) = $6247.81 total for 2 years
    36 monthly pmt: $244.15 = $8790.30 for 3 years
    Sound like a good deal?

The dealer also told me there's $4500 "Lease Bonus Cash" but where would that figure into the calculation? Did he use that to get from MSRP to Selling Price?

That is a heck of a discount .. my guess is the $4500 was used to discount from MSRP.

$240-260/mo for a car that stickers over $36K is a great deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    @woodypup If that's the car you want, I'd grab it.. That's a really low payment for 24 months

(I love 24 month leases. ;) )

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Got a similar deal, but at a dealership much closer to my house. It was a battle, and if I think back to the initial offer from the dealer, I'm blown away by how much they might have been able to take from me (and how much they probably take from much less-informed buyers).

Expanded Story:
    I brought the deal above (24mo@$240 for 10K/year) to another dealer who was closer to my home, and their response was in the range of [24mo@$385 for 10K/year PLUS take my Golf TDI trade for $9k]. I stayed focused on the total amount I wanted to pay after 24 months (i.e., around $6300), so no matter how they spun the numbers--and believe me they tried--this helped me gauge how I was doing.

Make no mistake though, they are so so so good at spinning numbers to make it look like they are giving you what you want. Plus, they were constantly trying to make me say aloud a number higher than my initial "What number would you do? $300? If we can do $300 do we have a deal?"). They keep things moving so it's hard for you to stop, think, remember all the factors, etc.

Finally, FOUR HOURS later, I walked out with the keys. And I kept my old car and sold it privately for $13,5--not the $9000 they offered for trade-in.
  • Options
    And while I'm complaining about this dealership, I'll also note that they initially threw in a $2995 "market adjustment" to the sales prices of the e-Golf. That really pissed me off, and I said "I really don't understand what this is, this needs to disappear now." Later, I looked around their showroom, and noted that almost every vehicle has a $2995 Market Adjustment on the sticker. This includes the 2015 Eos, which is a car that is being cancelled due to poor sales. (The Golf R in the showroom had a $6995 Market Adjustment).
  • Options
    woodypup said:

And while I'm complaining about this dealership, I'll also note that they initially threw in a $2995 "market adjustment" to the sales prices of the e-Golf. That really pissed me off, and I said "I really don't understand what this is, this needs to disappear now." Later, I looked around their showroom, and noted that almost every vehicle has a $2995 Market Adjustment on the sticker. This includes the 2015 Eos, which is a car that is being cancelled due to poor sales. (The Golf R in the showroom had a $6995 Market Adjustment).

Glad to hear that you stuck to your guns, and got the deal you were looking for.

Still amazed that some dealerships continue to the use the "market adjustment" tactic in the internet age.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Buying a car is an interesting experience, because even with the advent of all this technology and sharing of information about pricing and tactics, at the end of the day you still have to walk into a dealership, where they can unleash all of their old-school tactics to maximize the amount of money they can get for their product.
  • Options
    nuzirrnuzirr Member Posts: 1
    Hi! can I get the November 2015 lease money factor and residual for a 2016 e-Golf SE.. 7500/36 months.. as well as any dealer cash or any other incentives? Thanks!
  • Options
    nuzirr said:

Hi! can I get the November 2015 lease money factor and residual for a 2016 e-Golf SE.. 7500/36 months.. as well as any dealer cash or any other incentives? Thanks!

.00030 and 40% for 36/7.5.

$7500 lease cash and $2250 lease bonus cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    crispmcrispm Member Posts: 7
    What are MF and residual for a 36/10 and 36/12 in November? How about 24/10 and 24/12?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    crispm said:

What are MF and residual for a 36/10 and 36/12 in November? How about 24/10 and 24/12?
    Thanks!

.00040 MF and 34%/33% residual for 36 months. 41%/40% for 24 months.

$7500 lease cash + $5000/$4750 dealer cash for LE/SEL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    crispmcrispm Member Posts: 7
    I missed the window to lease in November. Can you please update the MF and residual values for December? And any dealer cash for 2015 or 2016 variants of the eGolf?
    I see there is a December promotion for the 2016 eGolf SE with a residual of 38% for 36mos 36K miles, it seems to have about $2K in dealer cash, but I would like the top of the line model...
    Thanks!
    Cris
  • Options
    crispm said:

I missed the window to lease in November. Can you please update the MF and residual values for December? And any dealer cash for 2015 or 2016 variants of the eGolf?
    I see there is a December promotion for the 2016 eGolf SE with a residual of 38% for 36mos 36K miles, it seems to have about $2K in dealer cash, but I would like the top of the line model...
    Thanks!
    Cris

No changes from November that we see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator