Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Hyundai Genesis Brand Targets Lexus, Infiniti | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Hyundai
New Hyundai Genesis Brand Targets Lexus, Infiniti | Edmunds.com

Hyundai is launching a new Genesis brand designed to attract luxury buyers with a personalized and "hassle-free customer experience."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    We all knew this day was coming. The Hyundai emblem never appeared anywhere on the Genesis and Equus sedans. It always seemed odd to sell full-size luxury sedans next to economy cars and value-priced sedans and crossovers. I guess Hyundai waited until it felt that the climate was right for introducing a new luxury brand (with alpha numeric model designations!). I hope that the Genesis Coupe survives in some capacity. It is a good sports coupe with the potential to be a great sports car given time, additional refinement and evolution.
  • Options
    sonny28sonny28 Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2015
    I'm not a fan of Hyundai cars, but I will surely salute them for how well they are making progress in the auto world. People are buying their cars like hot cakes, and they're doing a fantastic job with their designs and reaching out with what the people want. I won't argue with their move here. They are on a mission to be even more successful. Bravo.
    '14 Honda CBR600RR
    '15 Honda Rebel
  • Options
    kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    i'll be very curious to see the level of their target audiences in terms of income and education.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    I only said this should happen back when the Genesis launched, nice to see they came around.

Equus rename (and desperately need to restyle) makes sense - Genesis Equus kind of rhymes, which sounds dorky. Alphanumeric of course, everyone wants to emulate the Germans even if they won't admit it.
  • Options
    art_from_flart_from_fl Member Posts: 1
    I went to test drive the still 2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD with the Ultimate package, soon to be the Genesis g80.
    The car is very nice, drives very well and all the features in the one equipped with all the options are impressive.
    I cannot believe this car has not rear fog lights, only in the front, big safety feature missing there by the Korean brand. Still, comparing with the 3 German and 3 Japanese brands this car, at the top level of equipment, is a no-brainer, unless the brand cache is part of the requirements to buy a car. .
    The main comment is the dealer, and I see why Hyundai is creating Genesis brand. I went to what I thought it would be a good dealer based on reputation and size. But I went back to the old fashion typical mediocre car dealer experience. I had an appointment, but till there everything looked good. After that, since arriving to leaving the dealer and all in between it was the "typical car dealer" operation and experience, terrible. Even I think the product is there, the other 6 brands are way ahead on buying experience, and I do hope this Genesis brand will bring, even they will be in the same current Hyundai dealers. I am ready to be one of the first Genesis brand customer if they adjust the dealer experience.
  • Options
    SimpsonTide985SimpsonTide985 Member Posts: 39
    If this turns things around, expect Kia to follow suit with their Cadenza and K900