Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Takata airbags

tonyboy10tonyboy10 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Honda
Pardon the rant, I cannot believe with all the dodging and weaving Honda and Takata are doing, no one on this forum is asking

Did Honda ship the new 2015 Honda CR-V with Takata airbags?

I drive a 2005 Honda CR-V, and recently had the Honda dealer disable the Takata airbags system. Now I have to deal with the red idiot light on the dash, but I don't worry about exploding airbags in my face or my wife's.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to get in touch with car owners who are waiting for replacement parts, etc. for their faulty Takata air bags. If you're an affected owner and you'd like to help, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, November 9, 2015.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Done!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Honda did great for me. Our 2003 CRV was recalled (not our 2013) and I got it right in. They put me in a new Civic for the day and a few hours later the job was done!

Our 2004 Toyota Avalon is a different story. It too got recalled and they tell me they have no idea when the parts to fix it will arrive. " We will send you a letter"

Knowing that the vast majority of recalls amount to being more fear than reality, I continue to drive the car.

I would much rather have an airbag depoy with a slight chance of a problem than to risk a bad collision without the airbag operational.

I'll say one thing...this airbag recall is HUGE and it is crippling the Service Depts at the stores affected.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Getting parts could get worse if Takata decides to give up.

Thanks Isell!
  • Options
    I have no idea how they are able to stay in business at this point.

I heard now that some really old BMW's are affected and the parts haven't been built in years.