Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Mercedes-Benz

A high-performance version of the standard GLA hatchback, the GLA45 AMG combines one of the most powerful four-cylinder engines ever offered in a production car with a suspension and design to match. This is a serious performance machine for those who are willing to give up a little ride comfort in exchange for all-out speed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    I like AMG, but I'm not a fan of "performance crossovers". I would much rather prefer the A45 AMG, but that isn't sold in the USA. That's a proper hot hatch AMG style.
  • joefrompajoefrompa Member Posts: 64
    If you removed the mercedes and AMG symbols, I might have thought this was a next-gen Subaru WRX STI from the exterior and a good amount of the interior. I literally cannot imagine 5 years ago putting this car, with that wing, in front of a mercedes audience and asking what brand they thought it was. Would have been awesome though :)
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 526
    The spoiler looks like it came from a modded '96 Civic
  • seamus6seamus6 Member Posts: 7
    If luck will have and my wife doesn't change her mind, we'll take delivery in Germany in the spring
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Cool. Anticipation is half the fun, too.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    You can even get the trim on a non-AMG model in Germany. I saw this one a few days ago:

I see it like an STi for those who don't wear a backwards baseball cap.