Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is the "Excess Wear & Use Protection Plan" worth getting?

roastedseaweedroastedseaweed Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Lexus
I'm getting a 2015 GS350 F-Sport on a 36 month (12k/mo) lease. Is it worth paying for the protection plan? Dealer is offering it to me for $775.

I've never dealt with Lexus lease return so I'm not sure how lenient or harsh they are on evaluating a lease return. We returned our Infiniti without any issues, but that may have been because we got into another Infiniti as well.

They say the plan covers up to $7,500 in damages ($2,000 per event, $250 for each missing equipment). Events include worn out tired, damaged rims (which I've had in the past from poor parking jobs), cracked windshield, and scratches on bumpers.

I guess I don't know how Lexus identified "excess". Because after 36,000 miles it's expected a car will have scratches (especially near the bottom of the bumper for a low-riding car). Any feedback from anyone who has returned a lease, or if they think this is a reasonable deal, would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers