Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Range Rover Discovery Sport HSE Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kevinqtakevinqta Member Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Land Rover
Hello, I am looking to buy new 2016 Discovery Sport HSE and I need some advices. What is the best deals now? What options did you get for your car and What Price did you pay it? Is there any good deals or incentives or manufacture rebates? Thanks

Kevin from Houston, Texas

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's some 1.9% financing available but no cash back showing on our Incentives page. There may be some manufacturer to dealer incentive that we don't show there or some "spiff/bonus" money. Hard to find about those incentives unless the dealer volunteers the info.

Anyone shopping/buying a new Discovery Sport? Please post your numbers.
  • Options
    khc10005khc10005 Member Posts: 26
    I am in the market of leasing one in NYC, is the new engine much different than the ford eco boost on the 15s? should I ask about the MF and residual on another post or can it coexist in this post? If the number is right i can buy or lease, just trying to find the lower interest rate and which makes better sense
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Looks like you've posted in the leasing discussion. We may split that off into a 2016 discussion, but just click on your Profile and then Comments if you lose track of your posts.

The financing incentives are still out there and there's now a leasing incentive.

Don't know about the engine. Wikipedia says the Ecoboost engines will be replaced by the Ingenium in "late 2015". So if they are out there, you'll get a 2.0l made in the UK. One big difference is that they'll be mounted transversely which will free up more interior room.
  • Options
    thank you for the reply, I guess the leasing incentive is for the 16 only with the higher MF and I don't see any for the 15 stock, I won't sidetrack this post further, but am considering either buy or lease so might be bouncing between both posts, thank you Steve!
  • Options
    Something about leasing doesn't sit right with me, but it's obviously popular. I think the number of new cars "sold" is around 30% now for leases and the number keeps growing. Get a lot of ride for your buck, always under warranty, etc. But I haven't had a payment since 1982 and have trouble wrapping my head around the idea of a monthly nut.

If you don't drive cars forever like I do it can be a great option. And it's always fun having new wheels, and not having to worry about out of warranty repairs. Doubly so for luxury rides like Land Rovers.
  • Options
    some cars holds its value over years, something like this i plan on getting it for the first 2-3 years and move on to another new vehicle, if I were to buy it it's just too much headache worrying about selling or trading value, by leasing I get to lock in a depreciation rate and also this will be my work vehicle, so going to write it off as business expense, more complicated if I actually buys the vehicle.

but if the MF is too high on the lease and they give you good financing options, I might buy and sell it before the end of 2nd year.
  • Options
    Yeah, the business write-off is another factor to consider. You're getting into CPA territory with that wrinkle. :)
  • Options
    the lease interest for the 16 works out to 6.09% versus the 1.9% from Chase with land rover, I haven't done the numbers yet but I am leaning towards purchase if the number makes sense at the moment, there is a 1k lease cash so that might bridge the gap, I will update with numbers from my negotiation tomorrow after a visit to the dealer.

I am currently looking at a HSE with Climate Comfort Package, Driver Assist Plus Package with a MSRP of $45,845, any suggestion on where is the sweet spot to strike a deal on this as the invoice is not available and it seems that their hold back/spiff/hold back are not public info so I don't want to overpaid but at the same time don't have the time or energy to invest on negotiating

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,295
    khc10005 said:

the lease interest for the 16 works out to 6.09% versus the 1.9% from Chase with land rover, I haven't done the numbers yet but I am leaning towards purchase if the number makes sense at the moment, there is a 1k lease cash so that might bridge the gap, I will update with numbers from my negotiation tomorrow after a visit to the dealer.

I am currently looking at a HSE with Climate Comfort Package, Driver Assist Plus Package with a MSRP of $45,845, any suggestion on where is the sweet spot to strike a deal on this as the invoice is not available and it seems that their hold back/spiff/hold back are not public info so I don't want to overpaid but at the same time don't have the time or energy to invest on negotiating

Sorry, we don't track selling prices. Have you tried the Edmunds price tools? "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page will get you started.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited November 2015
    The Car Connection is reporting that invoice for the HSE is $39,437. Don't know if they include destination in that number. There's only ~$2,500 between invoice and MSRP. Invoice doesn't mean much anymore since there's so many back-end payments to the dealers. But I'd at least shoot for invoice.

Land Rover didn't have holdback in the past. Our link hasn't been updated for a couple of years, but I bet that hasn't changed.

Spiffs and bonuses - who knows. The salespeople often don't and even the owners may not know the bonus money until the books are closed for the month or quarter.
  • Options
    went to the dealer, offered to lease at advertised MF at invoice price with the 1k incentive and was basically laughed at since it appears they have no problem selling these econo land rovers, will see if the other dealers nearby are more willing to deal
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,295
    khc10005 said:

went to the dealer, offered to lease at advertised MF at invoice price with the 1k incentive and was basically laughed at since it appears they have no problem selling these econo land rovers, will see if the other dealers nearby are more willing to deal

Could be a simple supply and demand situation ... when they have more supply, it's possible your deal will be accepted. Or, at lease, countered, rather than laughed at.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    After some digging I managed a better deal (posted in the lease thread), put down a deposit (didn't want my lease end day to be right after thanksgiving) for next week and scheduled my turn in as well, thanks all!
  • Options
    ken_bethesdaken_bethesda Member Posts: 3
    I just paid 38750 for an SE with the climate package and the incontrol package. Probably paid more than we should have, but wanted to walk out with the car that day.
  • Options
    Congrats!

We show the average TMV selling price to be $39,213 including $995 destination. Sounds like you did well.