Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Did I goof on my GTI lease?

stejennastejenna Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Volkswagen
Just leased a 2016 GTI S 6-speed 12k/36
I have FICO of 699 Wife is 780
Spoke to internet sales manager offered Price of $25,275 and $1,000 off if I show registration of another brand vehicle.
I tried to negotiate a reduced Money Factor, the salesman claimed it could not be reduced since it is set by VW. I don't understand why the capitalized cost reduction is $786.45 Shouldn't the adjusted capitalized cost be cheaper ($26,199 - $1396.84). I put no money down and was told first months payment is paid. Did I get a good deal? Anything I can do next time around to negotiate a better deal?
s12.postimg.org/lrvhd686l/scan0002_Page_1.jpg

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    stejenna said:

Just leased a 2016 GTI S 6-speed 12k/36
    I have FICO of 699 Wife is 780
    Spoke to internet sales manager offered Price of $25,275 and $1,000 off if I show registration of another brand vehicle.
    I tried to negotiate a reduced Money Factor, the salesman claimed it could not be reduced since it is set by VW. I don't understand why the capitalized cost reduction is $786.45 Shouldn't the adjusted capitalized cost be cheaper ($26,199 - $1396.84). I put no money down and was told first months payment is paid. Did I get a good deal? Anything I can do next time around to negotiate a better deal?
    s12.postimg.org/lrvhd686l/scan0002_Page_1.jpg

It's right there on the contract, under "Itemization of amount due at signing". They show exactly where the $1396 goes.. $396 for first payment and $213.55 for various fees. That leaves $786.45 for CAP cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stejennastejenna Member Posts: 2
    I see...thanks. Given our credit do you think the money factor was too high? I was under the impression that it was negotiable although the salesman and manager stated it was set by VW. After seeing the contract do you see any obvious fees that I could have negotiated?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    stejenna said:

I see...thanks. Given our credit do you think the money factor was too high? I was under the impression that it was negotiable although the salesman and manager stated it was set by VW. After seeing the contract do you see any obvious fees that I could have negotiated?

Well.. I don't see the money factor disclosed on your contract, so I can't comment on it. Money factors are only negotiable if they are marked up from the base rate. Everything looks normal on the contract.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator