Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Headlights turn on, but won't turn over.

helpless53helpless53 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Ford
Replaced the starter and solenoid it ran okay for a while. Now suddenly wont start. Won't jump and battery won't hold a charge. What should I check next ? I searched like 15 pages and found nothing else matching this issue exactly. Does this year and model have a master fuse or reset button ? Would be great if it were something nice and easy. But I'm kidding, I know fords love electrical issues the best.

Comments

• helpless53helpless53 Member Posts: 3
    Okay so, a little more info. We've changed the solenoid, starter, ignition switch, ignition lock. Here's what happened and whats been happening; Drove the truck like usual, parked it, when we went to turn her back on, one click. We cleaned terminals, try again, just one click, is what we hear seemingly from the solenoid. Now after we tried a few times we hear nothing at all (no more click sound) and the headlights or ANYTHING doesn't turn on. Charged the battery, we get headlights and ONE more click and while I was watching I was pretty sure I saw a little poof of smoke (could've imagined it, it's getting pretty desperate here) from solenoid, and again no headlights, dash lights etc. and no more clicks. AND the positive post on battery stays hot while hooked up.