Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pricing for leftover cars

genkagenka Member Posts: 9
edited November 2015 in BMW
I noticed that some dealers still have 2014 i3s on their lots. I think most of them are unattractively configured- complete strippers, or weird package combinations- like the top Tera interior and no tech or parking packages, or 20" wheels and nothing else. What should I offer for such vehicle? I recently received an email from a local dealer, suggesting that I could get $10-$13k off the list price on a 2015, which leads me to believe that 2014 can be had for much less.
Tagged:

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    edited November 2015
    I'd worry about buying an EV with batteries that weren't being periodically charged/discharged.
  • genkagenka Member Posts: 9
    True, so it should also affect the prices.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    genka said:

True, so it should also affect the prices.

There is a good leasing forum on the i3 - folks have been able to lease them for < $300/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• genkagenka Member Posts: 9
    Michaell, the lease thread is very informative. The negotiated price is the largest variable affecting the lease cost.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    genka said:

Michaell, the lease thread is very informative. The negotiated price is the largest variable affecting the lease cost.

Correct ... and, the ability to buy down the MF with MSD also lowers the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4