Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

When leasing for 39Mo/10K what kind of Audi Care is worth it?

dcp2012dcp2012 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Audi
Hi there,

We just leased a 2016 Audi Q5 Tech package last night. I think we got a good deal. The price was $46,000 and we ended up with a $433 monthly and $4,000 down.

Now, they are offering us the Audi care which has several options: vehicle service contract plan, term care select, lease excess wear protection plan, road hazard tire and wheel protection, ding shield service plan.

1. Are you familiar with these? in your experience which are with including in a 39 month lease for 10k?

2. Also, I heard it is better to get out of the lease 6 months before it ends sell the car and pay the bank instead of waiting for the bank to come in at the end of the lease to evaluate the car? is that true?

3. Whats the most efficient strategy when it comes to maintenance and lease? Trying to save some money!

Thank you so much

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    dcp2012 said:

Hi there,

We just leased a 2016 Audi Q5 Tech package last night. I think we got a good deal. The price was $46,000 and we ended up with a $433 monthly and $4,000 down.

Now, they are offering us the Audi care which has several options: vehicle service contract plan, term care select, lease excess wear protection plan, road hazard tire and wheel protection, ding shield service plan.

1. Are you familiar with these? in your experience which are with including in a 39 month lease for 10k?

2. Also, I heard it is better to get out of the lease 6 months before it ends sell the car and pay the bank instead of waiting for the bank to come in at the end of the lease to evaluate the car? is that true?

3. Whats the most efficient strategy when it comes to maintenance and lease? Trying to save some money!

Thank you so much

1) Vehicle service contract. $829 MSRP. Adding that to your lease should increase your residual by 1%. That will give you a net cost of around $350. $10/mo. for scheduled maintenance is cheap. Take a pass on the rest of it.

2) Almost never. It could happen.

3) On an Audi, get the AudiCare service plan, then turn down any upsells when you bring it in for maintenance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi, thank you so much for your answer. 

I dont quite undertand much about MSRP or residual. When you say will give me a net cost of $350 / $10 a month what do you mean? 

The quotes they gave me are: 

1. audi care: $24.22 a month for total $829
    2. JMA vehicle protection plan: $31.49 a month for total $1,078
    3. Road Hazard: $37.10 a month for total $1,270
    4. Dent Zone: $14.58 a month for total $499
    5. Audi Excess Wear and Tear: $23.34 a month for total $799
    6. Skylink: $34.91 a month for total $1,195
    7. ResisAll: $33.13 a month for total $1,134
    8. PassKey: $11.31 a month for total $387

they said I can pick and choose what I need but that strongly suggest taking the first 5, but that seems like a lot of money to me. What do you think? 

I found some info about Audi Care on line and some people said it is only worth it with the 35k service. I am only leasing for 39mo / 10k which means I only need to do the 15K and 25K services. Do you think its still worth it? 

Lastly, can you elaborate on #2 question regarding your recommendation about getting out of the lease earlier? 

Thank ni you so much!! I'm this is my first car so I really appreciate the help. 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    @dcp2012 Adding AudiCare at the time of the lease raises the residual by 1%. This gives you 1% (of MSRP) less depreciation to pay for, over the life of the lease. You need to bring this to the attention of the F&I person that is doing the lease paperwork. Yes.. $829 is $24.22/mo, but the extra 1% on the residual will make the payment lower by a corresponding amount. Your net increase should be no more than $10-$12/mo.

Every other item on that list is not worth it.

2) Very seldom is a leased car worth more than it's payoff. Don't lease a car if you don't plan on completing the contract. If you take care of your car, you have no worries about a lease-end inspection. Don't let anyone, especially a car salesman, scare you into buying overpriced insurance products.

AudiCare Service contract: Have you ever had a luxury European import serviced? It's expensive. The AudiCare is a great deal, especially on a lease. If you don't understand what I've written above, print it out and take it to the dealer, and tell them you want the residual increase for buying AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi!! 

Wow! Thank you so much for the detail. I will speak to my contact at te dealer. Will definetly print this out.

thank you so much!!