Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 RDX Advanced Package - White with parchment - This seems pretty fair for the New England area

ctcarbuyer2016ctcarbuyer2016 Member Posts: 6
edited December 2015 in Acura
Before I pull the trigger on this deal I wanted to run it out to the forum. Opinions greatly appreciated. I'm waiting on another dealer quote as well which may be similar but this one is a few miles closer to home.

MSRP 44,360.00

Selling Price 42,099.00 (41,179 + Dest 920.00)
Doc Fee 449.00
Sub Total 42,548.00

CT Tax 2701.80 (.0635 x 42,378)

Sub Total 45,249.80
Title/Tag/Reg 185.00

Out the Door 45,434.80

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Love the white.

Invoice is $41,765 and TMV is 42,734 (including destination). So you're well below average.

Congrats!
  • ctcarbuyer2016ctcarbuyer2016 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the confirmation Stever.

I initially asked because I saw in one of the other threads someone got 41,454 (car + dest) for the selling price. It seemed extremely low and this dealer wouldnt go that low.

Interestingly I got a 2nd quote back from the other dealer I mentioned. He went to to 42,000 flat on the selling price with 399 DOC plus all weather mats. so the OTD was 45, 285 plus mats vs 45,434 no mats

This brings up a question if you and/or the group dont mind weighing in on.

For the exact same car...

The 2nd dealer is is $150 lower, plus floor mats (160 list price) but is 30 miles from me. The 1st dealer is less than 3 miles from me but likely wont budge (I havent tried yet)

So...

* If you buy from one dealer, is it unusual or are you somehow penalized by having the vehicle serviced by a different (closer) dealer than you purchased from ?
    * If Dealer 1 doesnt budge on the price/mats, is there any reason I shouldnt go with Dealer 2 ?

Thanks,

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2015
    It's rare to see reports of anyone having issues getting warranty work or other service at a "local" dealer when you didn't buy the car there. Some dealers will give their customers loaner cars or other perks though.

Generally speaking, service (and parts) departments are run separately from sales and often the departments don't "talk" to each other. They are all out to show the store manager they are hitting their numbers. For that reason, the service department is unlikely to turn away business just to punish a customer.

Back to your initial comment, we track TMV by zip code. The other posters may have been buying in an area with less demand/more supply or it may be that their selling dealer was trying to hit a bonus quota at the end of the month. Lots of variables to try to juggle and guess at. And dealers in wealthier parts of the country like CT likely don't have the same need to discount as other parts of the US.

• free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2015
    I would call the local dealer and tell them you'd like to give them the business if they match. I've done it twice, and both times the dealer agreed. Their service department doesn't care where you purchased the car. The only possible downside to buying elsewhere is that you may not get free inspections for life at your local dealer, or a first oil change free. I've gotten loaners from a local dealer, even though I purchased elsewhere.