Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Large-ish, affordable SUV advice

canadesecanadese Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in General
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy an SUV since my current car has a very small trunk. These are the requirements:
  • SUV in the $30-40K range
  • Lots of cargo space
  • Automatic transmission
  • I don't care about seat numbers, as long as the last row is foldable
  • AWD or 4x4
  • Half decent mileage
  • Safe and comfortable. I'm coming from a Jaguar sedan which is extremely comfortable for long road trips. I wouldn't want to feel like I've suddenly switched to a Tractor. :smile:
  • Reliable and durable. I plan to buy it and keep it for 7-10 years.

Thank you in advance, and I hope I'm not asking for a unicorn here. :worried:

Answers

• khc10005khc10005 Member Posts: 26
    Toyota 4Runner if buying to keep if you want comfort than its hard to get a good car that will last you years for this amount Say you prefer bells and whistles, Santa Fe might have more gimmicky stuff for this amount, and their reliability has gotten better as I have heard, I just don't like to bet my money on this one yet Then it comes to compact SUVs which I don't know if you would consider, but the 30-40k is more budget sub territory where you can get a well equipped one in this range but not those full sized ones I am not too familiar with ameican makes, but I guess you can always include jeep/gmc in the mix, I don't know if they are good to keep however
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Honda Pilot

(not sure about foldable rear row, though)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• abormannabormann Member Posts: 3
    Chevrolet Tahoe. The cargo capacity is only 94.7 cubic feet, but the 355 horsepower 8 cylinder 5.3L engine helps to increase its maximum towing capacity to 8,600 lbs.