Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Destination Fee and Negotiations

juanbotanasjuanbotanas Member Posts: 9
edited December 2015 in Mazda
I'm close to buying my 2016 Mazda CX-5 and I'm a bit confused about the base/sale price that people put on these boards.

Do you include the destination fee in the base/sale price of the vehicle?

It seems like some people get deals that are well below invoice and I am wondering if that price includes the destination fee. It seems like the number to throw at the dealer is at least $500 below invoice. Thanks!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The destination fee is packed right into the window sticker, so yeah, any sale price would include it. What isn't included of course is tax and license, unless someone says the price they are posting is "out the door".
  • juanbotanasjuanbotanas Member Posts: 9
    I know that the fee is packed into the sticker, but I would like to know if people include the destination fee when they post the sale price they negotiated, not the sticker price.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

I know that the fee is packed into the sticker, but I would like to know if people include the destination fee when they post the sale price they negotiated, not the sticker price.

Well.. we can't speak for everyone, but generally, yes... negotiated sale prices posted here include the destination fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator