Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006-2007 Outlander Wind Noise

korayuskorayus Member Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in Mitsubishi
What I've notices is that as the window is raised and hit the top stop the glass deflects out slightly. I assume this must be reducing the force on the window seal and causing cabin noise, if i lower the window a fraction (so still closed but just off top stop) the noise reduced to a more acceptable level.

Has anyone else experienced this window seal issue. Is there a know fix of it. If you do suffer from side window wind noise try slightly lowering the window and see if that has an effect.

If you can share me with the picture of your solution I will be really glad.

Comments

• Options
    comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    I noticed I could reduce the wind noise by stuffing material (plastic bag) between the upper door seal and window frame (it moves about and you can get under the seal). Somehow I think the design is off and the seal is not landing correctly onto the top of the driver's door frame. Vehicle is gone now so one less problem

• Options
    comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    The area was the rear most corner at the top of the door window. Maybe one could direct an air hose and play with the gasket to see what affects it.
  • Options
    korayuskorayus Member Posts: 2