Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rear Seat Comparison - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Honda
imageRear Seat Comparison - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

Like most midsize crossovers, our 2016 Honda Pilot has plenty of passenger room in the second row. Here's how it stacks up against the competition.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Looks nice. I think the Captains Seats would be nice to have with 2 kids.
  • dm7279dm7279 Member Posts: 63
    I would definitely want the captain's chairs in a 3 row crossover. Easier access to the third row, and a buffer for bickering children. Problem is, I think you have to get the elite trim on the Pilot to get this feature.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Do they fold flat? I've not seen too many second row Captain's Chairs that have a fold flat capability. With the size of the SUV, there's going to be times where you need that option.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    edited December 2015
    dm7279 said:

I would definitely want the captain's chairs in a 3 row crossover. Easier access to the third row, and a buffer for bickering children. Problem is, I think you have to get the elite trim on the Pilot to get this feature.

That's the #1 complaint I've heard about the 2016 Pilot at the Honda dealer where I work. You have to shell out $47k for a vehicle that, as of right now, very, very few dealers actually have, just to get the Captain's chairs.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Shoulder room was always an asset of the Pilot as it was capable of fitting three car seats across in the 2nd row. Of course, that's not going to happen with captains chairs.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455

Do they fold flat? I've not seen too many second row Captain's Chairs that have a fold flat capability. With the size of the SUV, there's going to be times where you need that option.

Good point.
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Jesus, how can you sit like that? The front seats are practically lying down. I would be super uncomfortable like that. Not to mention, not able to steer.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Jeez @vvk, what do you normally drive -- a '63 Impala East-LA Boom-Boom Special, with full hydraulics & flame job?

Word to the wise: When driving, the seatback should not be more than 2 feet behind your back. :P
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    vvk said:

Jesus, how can you sit like that? The front seats are practically lying down. I would be super uncomfortable like that. Not to mention, not able to steer.

Those seats look fine to me. But then, I also drive in such a position. I guess I just like sitting more reclined. What I find odd is people who sit almost upright. To each their own, I suppose.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    ebeaudoin said:

dm7279 said:

That's the #1 complaint I've heard about the 2016 Pilot at the Honda dealer where I work. You have to shell out $47k for a vehicle that, as of right now, very, very few dealers actually have, just to get the Captain's chairs.
    Not a problem for me, as I would never consider any trim but the top trim of any car I buy. I keep my cars until they fall apart (15-20 years) so the extra cost of getting everything is negligible.