Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Almost 90 Percent of Used-Car Shoppers Would Pay More for a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in General
Almost 90 Percent of Used-Car Shoppers Would Pay More for a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle | Edmunds.com

Almost 90 percent of used-car shoppers would pay more for a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle, according to a new survey from Edmunds.com.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sonny28sonny28 Member Posts: 65
    I don't see why not... A little more peace of mind.
    '14 Honda CBR600RR
    '15 Honda Rebel
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I wouldn't pay MUCH more. You are basically buying an extended warranty.
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    And also the full 100 point inspection the dealers claim they do on a CPO. I prefer CPO over the Carmax .
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    About 90 of those 100 "points" don't amount to anything important.

What used to bother me was Honda would have us throw away brake pads that still had enough lining to go another 35,000 miles. We would throw away perfectly good floor mats all of the time etc.

A two year old Civic or Accord that is CPO can approach the price of a brand new one in some cases.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Last January, I bought a CPO Escape. Since it was under the original 3/36, it was extended to 4/48, plus the powertrain warranty was upped to 7/100.
    I did trade it back in last month, but it not because anything was wrong, I just wanted something different.
    It's back for sale as a CPO and it should be.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2016
    "The FTC’s complaint against General Motors cites the company’s representations for “Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles,” such as:

Our 172-Point Vehicle Inspection and Reconditioning Process is conducted only by highly trained technicians

The FTC alleges that GM advertised numerous Certified Pre-Owned vehicles at its local dealerships using these claims without disclosing that certain used cars offered for sale were subject to previously announced open (unrepaired) recalls for safety issues."

GM, Jim Koons Management, and Lithia Motors Inc. Settle FTC Actions Charging That Their Used Car Inspection Program Ads Failed to Adequately Disclose Unrepaired Safety Recalls (FTC)