Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What is the name of part that connects handle rod and door handle?

g6justing6justin Member Posts: 4
edited December 2015 in Pontiac
I need to know the name of this part. It connects the door handle rod and the door handle.

This is from another car but the part looks similar. It's the thin piece of metal or plastic right next to the copper colored coil of wire.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No idea. My guess is that you wouldn't be able to buy it anyway, but would have to buy a "door handle assembly".
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,704
    I'd go to a dealer parts department and have them pull up a diagram for that part of the door. The G6 is similar to the Malibu, I think, so if the dealer that sold Pontiacs isn't supporting them I'd go to a Chevy parts department.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    edited December 2015
    If the handle itself isn't broken, then it seems like you are looking for the grommet.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    grommet or fastener perhaps. Why not just try a wrecking yard? I don't think a dealer is going to have this part.
    The Lexus dealer had the plastic part that attached the door handle to the actuator rod on my ES300.
    Yes, but Lexus is still in business. Now that I think of it, it might be called a "clip". If the blow-up of the door handle shows a part # for that little piece, you're good---if not, then it's part of the door handle.
  • g6justing6justin Member Posts: 4
    More specific, it's the part the handle hooks onto. When you pull the handle it pulls the part im looking for. While this part is being pulled it also rotates downward and pushes the door handle rod down with it.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    So you are referring to the rod. You will probably have to go used, or else make one.
    Have you been to a Chevy or ex-Pontiac dealer? The door handles look similar.

Worst case, buy a G6 door from a junkyard, use what you need.

So you are referring to the rod. You will probably have to go used, or else make one.

It's not the rod itself. it's what Goes between the rod and the handle.
    texases said:

Have you been to a Chevy or ex-Pontiac dealer? The door handles look similar.

Worst case, buy a G6 door from a junkyard, use what you need.

I've started calling some. No such luck so far.
    You might try www.partmyride.com

• gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    Most likely you will need to buy something it goes with, rod or door handle. To get the plastic part for the wipers, you need to get the linkage.