Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cold on the Heated Seats - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Nissan
imageCold on the Heated Seats - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

There's a lot to like about our long-term 2015 Nissan Murano. Its heated front seats, however, don't make the list.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    That is very odd. Has it always been this way? Perhaps there are two heating elements, one on each side, and the left-hand side is either broken or disconnected. Is it the same on the passenger's side?
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Is the heating pad broken? Mention it to the dealer at the next oil change and ask to be repaired!
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    You can't think that Nissan intended it to be like that, can you? Take it in.
  • ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21
    Like everyone else here has suggested, there is something broken. This isn't some inherent design flaw.

I'm a little disappointed that the editor of an automotive website couldn't come to that conclusion...
  • notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    It could be broken, or could be a Nissan "feature". I think their cars are cheaply made and overrated.
  • cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    Likely broken or issue in the install. They sold me a car with 1 heated and 1 unheated mirror once. It wasn't a bad connection. One mirror was the wrong one entirely.
  • saxdoggsaxdogg Member Posts: 38
    Well....is the pass seat different?
  • wtgkb8wtgkb8 Member Posts: 18
    As others have suggested...take it to the dealer to get it fixed. That is not how this is designed to work. I have a Platinum Murano FWD and it heats evenly through the seat bottom and seat back...driver and passenger sides the same. It can get very toasted on high. I remember on the Maxima forums when I owned my 2012 Maxima...sometimes a vent duct can come loose on those 7th gen Maxima...with uneven seat heating/cooling the result in the climate controlled seats.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I would go to the dealer and try out another Murano's heated seat and see if it acts the same way.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Not surprising that Edmunds has not taken it in for a check. Numerous people told them the cooled seats in the F-150 were also broken http://www.edmunds.com/ford/f-150/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-f-150-ventilated-seats-get-hot.html but they never got them repaired.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Scott, did you compare the performance of the passenger seat to the driver seat? Seems like a no-brainer and would've taken less time than writing this blog post.