Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi 2016 Promotional Lease

jmillmanjmillman Member Posts: 5
edited December 2015 in Audi
Hi, I don't really know much about leases and I am not sure what is negotiable. It looks like most dealerships around me have the exact same deal. Can someone please tell me if this is a good deal and what if anything can I negotiate?
From this site:
http://www.audibrookline.com/

2016 Audi
Q5 2.0T Quattro
Premium Package
$399/mo
$1000 Lease or Finance

MSRP $42,325

36 months, 10,000 miles ($.25 per mile over)
Disposition fee $350
$2,399 down plus tax, title, regustration, aquisition fee and $349 documentation fee

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    jmillman said:

Hi, I don't really know much about leases and I am not sure what is negotiable. It looks like most dealerships around me have the exact same deal. Can someone please tell me if this is a good deal and what if anything can I negotiate?
    From this site:
    http://www.audibrookline.com/

2016 Audi
    Q5 2.0T Quattro
    Premium Package
    $399/mo
    $1000 Lease or Finance

MSRP $42,325

36 months, 10,000 miles ($.25 per mile over)
    Disposition fee $350
    $2,399 down plus tax, title, regustration, aquisition fee and $349 documentation fee

.00126 and 60% for 36/10.

Any national or regional deal is just OK; you should be able to negotiate a better deal on your own.

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jmillmanjmillman Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick response!

1. what does this mean? ".00126 and 60% for 36/10"
    2. Do you have any advice on where to get started or what my target should be? I really have no idea where to start.
    jmillman said:

Thanks for the quick response!

1. what does this mean? ".00126 and 60% for 36/10"
    2. Do you have any advice on where to get started or what my target should be? I really have no idea where to start.

Try this link ... good resources to get you started ...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks for your help. I read some of the links on that page. I just went to a dealership and after an extremely small amount of negotiation (not in any way final) with the package listed above. He could do everything (tax, acquisition, doc fee, reg & title) for my trade in $3K and $382 a month + state sales tax of 6.25%. It is only 10K miles, and I can purchase additional miles for .15 now, and .2 half way through, .25 at the end. so to get to 12K it would be another $25 a month.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for an apples to apples comparison to other leases with no money down, I should remove the 3K trade in @ about $83 a month * 36 and add the additional 2K miles @ $25 a month for a grand total of $490.

1. is this a good deal?
    2. is my math correct? I am trying to make it easy to compare but I am not confident I have everything correct.

He said the MSRP was 42,325, and I believe the depreciation was 60%.

3. Is there an aspect of this that I should change? The MSRP?
    4. Is sales tax typically paid by the dealer or the consumer?

jmillman said:

Thanks for your help. I read some of the links on that page. I just went to a dealership and after an extremely small amount of negotiation (not in any way final) with the package listed above. He could do everything (tax, acquisition, doc fee, reg & title) for my trade in $3K and $382 a month + state sales tax of 6.25%. It is only 10K miles, and I can purchase additional miles for .15 now, and .2 half way through, .25 at the end. so to get to 12K it would be another $25 a month.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for an apples to apples comparison to other leases with no money down, I should remove the 3K trade in @ about $83 a month * 36 and add the additional 2K miles @ $25 a month for a grand total of $490.

1. is this a good deal?
    2. is my math correct? I am trying to make it easy to compare but I am not confident I have everything correct.

He said the MSRP was 42,325, and I believe the depreciation was 60%.

3. Is there an aspect of this that I should change? The MSRP?
    4. Is sales tax typically paid by the dealer or the consumer?

You cannot purchase extra miles up front starting at 10,000 miles per year. You'd have to get 12K (subtract 1% from residual) or 15K (subtract 3% from residual). Only at 15K can you buy extra miles at .15 / .20 / .25.

Yes, removing the trade from the equation would add about $83/mo to the base payment.

Cannot modify the MSRP - the only negotiable elements of a lease are the negotiated selling price and the MF (but, cannot go below the base MF)

Sales tax is the responsibility of the customer.

So, negotiate for the best price - 4-6% off MSRP is good for Audi, but if you can get more, go for it. And, watch out for extra fees - you are responsible for the bank fee, dealer fee, first payment and any license or DMV costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the response. I am a little new to this so I am not 100% clear.

When you say you can't modify the MSRP then say to negotiate the best price 4-6% off, what does that mean?

If we set aside the $25 a month for the miles, it would bring my monthly total to $465. Is this good? Is this way too high because I didn't factor in the 4-6% that you mentioned?

I am having a tough time evaluating this stuff. I see a lot of sites that mention all of these different fees and how some things are negotiable and some things are not, but I can't evaluate it all rolled up.

jmillman said:

Thanks for the response. I am a little new to this so I am not 100% clear.

When you say you can't modify the MSRP then say to negotiate the best price 4-6% off, what does that mean?

If we set aside the $25 a month for the miles, it would bring my monthly total to $465. Is this good? Is this way too high because I didn't factor in the 4-6% that you mentioned?

I am having a tough time evaluating this stuff. I see a lot of sites that mention all of these different fees and how some things are negotiable and some things are not, but I can't evaluate it all rolled up.

The MSRP you mentioned was $43,235 - 6% off that is $40,641. You might start negotiations by offering $38-39K and working up, but shooting for a price in the neighborhood of $40K.

Audi's, in general, do not lease very well, but $465/mo is not too bad of a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator