Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Audi A6 wobble/vibration

plw244xplw244x Member Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in Audi
Drove a 2016 Audi A6 yesterday. There was an obvious wobble felt in the car during the test drive. The salesperson noted it as brake dust build up. He said the car had been sitting.
The vibration/wobble reduced as the test drive progressed but this was worrisome when considering purchasing this car.
Is there truth in what the salesman told me?
Thanks.

Answers

• 93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! I certainly won't pretend to know whether the sales person was correct, but I will give an opinion for what it is worth. In my opinion; if a little brake dust would cause a $59,000-$63,000 Audi to wobble, then Audi has really went down hill. Before paying that much money for an automoble, I would have to have a better explanation than brake dust. Seriously; I would test drive another A6 with the same equipment and see how it handled and responded. I know it is tempting to take that new car home, but before signing a contract for that amount, I would have to know that all the little voices in the back of my mind had been silenced, and that I was fully willing to live with and love that vehicle for the next five years. Good luck to you, and enjoy the new car!
  • plw244xplw244x Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
  • sirdarby1sirdarby1 Member Posts: 36
    Question: the salesman told me today that the sports differential is automatically included in the optic/optic plus package but I didn't see on the window of the S5 coupe.  Please confirm.

Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    We answered that in your duplicate post. I didn't see the sports diff listed in the optics package. It's shown as a separate option for $1100.