Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

mayan50mayan50 Member Posts: 22
edited March 2016 in Mercedes-Benz
Can someone please post the current (November 2015) Residual and MF numbers for MB GL-450 with 12k miles at 36 months?

Also, can anyone comment on whether there is extra dealer money this month (incentives, etc)?

Finally, how much is holdback for MB these days? 3%? More?

Thanks much!!!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,187
    mayan50 said:

Can someone please post the current (November 2015) Residual and MF numbers for MB GL-450 with 12k miles at 36 months?

Also, can anyone comment on whether there is extra dealer money this month (incentives, etc)?

Finally, how much is holdback for MB these days? 3%? More?

Thanks much!!!!

.00137 MF and 60% residual.

Doubtful there would be any incentives on one of Mercedes' most popular models.

Check for Holdback, here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

But, keep in mind that the article is two years old.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mayan50mayan50 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks much!
  • mayan50mayan50 Member Posts: 22
    Are both numbers still the same for December?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    mayan50 said:

Are both numbers still the same for December?

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bostonsuburbs9bostonsuburbs9 Member Posts: 1
    looking for both residual values and MF for
    1) 2016 GL450 24/15 and 36/15, and
    2) 2016 GL550 24/15 and 36/15

Thank you in advance!

looking for both residual values and MF for
    1) 2016 GL450 24/15 and 36/15, and
    2) 2016 GL550 24/15 and 36/15

Thank you in advance!

.00137 MF and 65%/58% residual
    Standard MF and 62%/54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Hi Kyfdx, working on a GL 450 lease. Doing pull ahead and have about $3,000 credit as I previously did 1 pay lease. Would like to apply this to new lease and worked out a lease deal based on this money. I was told by dealer I would have to give them $3,000 and I would get a check back from Mercedes Benz. Do you know how I could apply this without having to give the dealer this upfront money? It seems the dealer does not know how to apply the credit directly even after calling MB financial.
    mlevine said:

Hi Kyfdx, working on a GL 450 lease. Doing pull ahead and have about $3,000 credit as I previously did 1 pay lease. Would like to apply this to new lease and worked out a lease deal based on this money. I was told by dealer I would have to give them $3,000 and I would get a check back from Mercedes Benz. Do you know how I could apply this without having to give the dealer this upfront money? It seems the dealer does not know how to apply the credit directly even after calling MB financial.

Check with a second MB dealer and see if you get the same response.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Hi, Michaell checked with another dealer and they say you pay money as part of new lease and once old lease is closed out you will get a check back. It seems in the day of technology apple and goggle pay where we are getting away from cash, checks and even credit cards, one would be able to transfer money within a company.
    mlevine said:

Hi, Michaell checked with another dealer and they say you pay money as part of new lease and once old lease is closed out you will get a check back. It seems in the day of technology apple and goggle pay where we are getting away from cash, checks and even credit cards, one would be able to transfer money within a company.

That's typical, in my experience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Have a deal for this weekend and will see if it happens. Everything done over phone, texting, and emails. Using the money left over from pre-pay, have to give at time of lease closing and will get back. I am also doing auto pay and 3 security deposits. Will let everyone know what happens.
  • crawldogcrawldog Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at leasing a new 450 . We are new to leasing but here's our situation. We have a trade that's paid for with a acv of $27500. We own our own company and this is for my wife who drives around 20k miles / year. The dealership was talking about doing a 1 pay which I like. Any suggestions? What would the MF and residual be on one? We live in 42728 the msrp on the one were looking at is $80k. Would like a 36 mo / 20k mile lease if possible thanks
    I did 1 pay lease in the past because I had a trade in. I got cash back which worked out good. My recent lease did the traditional way. The residual does not change, but money factor will be a lot lower than the standard 0.00137. You probably will need to buy upfront an extra 5,000 miles a year (15,000 miles total )which should be cheaper than having to pay for at the end of the lease. Your residual should be 58% 36 month/15 miles or $46,400. Now you need to work out a price(cap cost) for the vehicle. Bank fee is $795 but some dealers will mark this up. there is often a dealer fee or doc fee need to find this out. Winter event is only $500, if you qualify for fleet then it is $2,000. Good luck.
    mlevine said:

I did 1 pay lease in the past because I had a trade in. I got cash back which worked out good. My recent lease did the traditional way. The residual does not change, but money factor will be a lot lower than the standard 0.00137. You probably will need to buy upfront an extra 5,000 miles a year (15,000 miles total )which should be cheaper than having to pay for at the end of the lease. Your residual should be 58% 36 month/15 miles or $46,400. Now you need to work out a price(cap cost) for the vehicle. Bank fee is $795 but some dealers will mark this up. there is often a dealer fee or doc fee need to find this out. Winter event is only $500, if you qualify for fleet then it is $2,000. Good luck.

Not much to add to that. Buying the extra miles up front is way less expensive than paying for them at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

On my lease I did auto pay. I was going to due multiple security deposits to lower money factor, but did not as I did not want to tie up a lot of money and I also need a new refrigerator. I am eligible for fleet discount and was able to get a good discount. It was a long and draining process, but I am use to this. The GL 450 is in high demand. I would try multiple dealers as they want to move cars this month and get rid of the 2016 as refresh GLS is on the way.