Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is this a good deal on 2016 GL 450 4matic

oscar52oscar52 Member Posts: 6
edited December 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
New to leasing and trying to figure out if this is a decent deal. MSRP is 76,840, 36 months, 10k miles a year, approximately $4500 down (for taxes and fees etc.) and NY. Monthly payment 840 with maintenance included. Thanks in advance for feedback.

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    oscar52 said:

New to leasing and trying to figure out if this is a decent deal. MSRP is 76,840, 36 months, 10k miles a year, approximately $4500 down (for taxes and fees etc.) and NY. Monthly payment 840 with maintenance included. Thanks in advance for feedback.

61% and .00137. Need to know the net cap cost in order to model a payment.

What is the full breakdown of the $4500 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I am not sure the answer to either of those questions. Do I ask the dealer what the net cap cost is? Re down payment -- I know it includes registration and first month's payment but I will get the specifics from the salesperson. Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,184
    oscar52 said:

I am not sure the answer to either of those questions. Do I ask the dealer what the net cap cost is? Re down payment -- I know it includes registration and first month's payment but I will get the specifics from the salesperson. Thanks!

The net CAP cost is the selling price of the vehicle, plus any additions, minus any downpayment you make. You can't calculate the payment, without knowing the price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Down payment includes taxes, first payment, DMV, bank fee and plates. The number he gave me for the price of the vehicle was $70,500. So a 6k reduction off of MSRP. Is that the information you needed? Thanks,
  • Options
    oscar52 said:

Down payment includes taxes, first payment, DMV, bank fee and plates. The number he gave me for the price of the vehicle was $70,500. So a 6k reduction off of MSRP. Is that the information you needed? Thanks,

$817/mo.

Don't know what effect the added maintenance has on that price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks. The maintenance, at least on the MBUSA website when I build, is $850 for two years (I wouldn't need to do the 3rd year maintenance on the 36 month lease). So if I divide that up by 36 payments I get $23 -- added to 817 I am right at the 840 a month payment. Do I have that right, i.e., does that mean that I am getting a good (or the right) deal or should it be lower? Thanks for all of your help.
  • Options
    oscar52 said:

Thanks. The maintenance, at least on the MBUSA website when I build, is $850 for two years (I wouldn't need to do the 3rd year maintenance on the 36 month lease). So if I divide that up by 36 payments I get $23 -- added to 817 I am right at the 840 a month payment. Do I have that right, i.e., does that mean that I am getting a good (or the right) deal or should it be lower? Thanks for all of your help.

Sorry.. we don't track transaction prices. If you are happy with the selling price, then the lease calculations look good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks. Can you help me with this:

MSRP 77000
    Down payment 4150 (includes first month payment, capitalized cost reduction, acquisition fee, and sales/use tax)
    Residual 47488
    Gross capitalized cost 70055 (includes pre-paid maintenance)
    36 months 10k miles
    Monthly payment 806

Thanks again in advance!
  • Options
    oscar52 said:

Thanks. Can you help me with this:

MSRP 77000
    Down payment 4150 (includes first month payment, capitalized cost reduction, acquisition fee, and sales/use tax)
    Residual 47488
    Gross capitalized cost 70055 (includes pre-paid maintenance)
    36 months 10k miles
    Monthly payment 806

Thanks again in advance!

.00137 MF and 61% residual.

I get about $801/mo.

But, the residual doesn't match up. Is the MSRP actually $77,000 even? Or some other number?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The MSRP is 77k even.
    The gross capitalized cost is calculated by taking cost of vehicle (68510) and adding in maintenence (1050) and a "doc fee" of 250 to get to 70055
    Residual 47488

You think the residual is too low?
  • Options
    oscar52 said:

The MSRP is 77k even.
    The gross capitalized cost is calculated by taking cost of vehicle (68510) and adding in maintenence (1050) and a "doc fee" of 250 to get to 70055
    Residual 47488

And what is the net cap cost, if you are making a down payment?

The 36/10 residual for the 2016 GL450 is 61% --- which, when applied to the $77K MSRP, gives a value of $46,970. You are showing the residual as $47,488, which would imply an MSRP of $77,849.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    oscar52 said:

The MSRP is 77k even.
    Residual 47488

I'll guess they were able to residualize most of the maintenance cost..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Oscar52,
    I just did GL 450 deal at 24 months with 12,000 miles per year. I gave $4100 up front, but getting back about $3110 from MB. I did not do maintenance as I hope to only have maintenance A. I go for shorter leases as payments are usually slightly higher. I also want to stay away from placing tires which can be expensive and possibly new breaks. I am not a big fan of current break pads on this vehicle.
  • Options
    1chimpafro11chimpafro1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am looking for the current residual value and money factor for a 2016 GL450 with a 3 year/12,000 miles per year lease. Thanks!
  • Options

Hello. I am looking for the current residual value and money factor for a 2016 GL450 with a 3 year/12,000 miles per year lease. Thanks!

.00137 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator