Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• cbarba80cbarba80 Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2015
    MSRP 51,355, selling price 49,000 for the 36/12 momentum, I'm getting about 676.21 a month, does that sounds correct? Im in Los Angeles and putting nothing down except TTL and Acquisition.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    cbarba80 said:

MSRP 51,355, selling price 49,000 for the 36/12 momentum, I'm getting about 676.21 a month, does that sounds correct? Im in Los Angeles and putting nothing down except TTL and Acquisition.

We don't have the December lease program for Volvo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    cbarba80 said:

What dealership are you working with in Los Angeles? I'm having trouble finding anyone who wants to negotiate from sticker.
  • cbarba80cbarba80 Member Posts: 44

cbarba80 said:

What dealership are you working with in Los Angeles? I'm having trouble finding anyone who wants to negotiate from sticker.
    Im using numbers from true car to see if it would even be feasible to lease this car given my budget

• parris69parris69 Member Posts: 36
    Around 65k for the car (+$4k in taxes)
    39 months lease
    $0 down
    $1188.22/mo.

am I the only one that thinks this is way too much for a $65k SUV?

also, mf 0.00235 (which is over 5%) and 55% residual.

any thoughts? DFW dealer btw...
    Apparently after pointing out the high MF they came down to 0.00146. 

thoughts?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    parris69 said:

39 months lease
    $0 down
    $1188.22/mo.

parris69 said:

thoughts?

We don't have any Volvo numbers, so it's hard for us to evaluate the deal.

Taxes in TX kill you on a lease, but almost $1200 is, to me, way too much of a payment on a $65K car.

Do you know the selling price and the residual amount? Maybe we can reverse engineer the numbers to see what they payment should be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ed2007ed2007 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have current MF and Residual for the XC90 T6 AWD Momentum Plus in WA state? 36/12. Thank you.
    Michaell said:
    39 months lease
    $0 down
    $1188.22/mo.

thoughts?
    We don't have any Volvo numbers, so it's hard for us to evaluate the deal. Taxes in TX kill you on a lease, but almost $1200 is, to me, way too much of a payment on a $65K car. Do you know the selling price and the residual amount? Maybe we can reverse engineer the numbers to see what they payment should be.
    Hey Michaell, thanks for looking into this!
    Residual is 55% and he said the selling price is close to $65k. So he didn't give an exact number so I just went with the $65k...
    parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

39 months lease
    $0 down
    $1188.22/mo.

parris69 said:

thoughts?

We don't have any Volvo numbers, so it's hard for us to evaluate the deal.

Taxes in TX kill you on a lease, but almost $1200 is, to me, way too much of a payment on a $65K car.

Do you know the selling price and the residual amount? Maybe we can reverse engineer the numbers to see what they payment should be.

Hey Michaell, thanks for looking into this!
    Residual is 55% and he said the selling price is close to $65k. So he didn't give an exact number so I just went with the $65k...

If I use $65K as both the MSRP and the cap cost, along with the 55% residual and .00146 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $960/mo.

Texas applies sales tax on a lease to the entire selling price, so if I add 7% (?) to the cap cost, the payment jumps to almost $1100. Add on another fee or two to the cap cost and I guess I can see where $1200 is possible.

It's the worst of all possible worlds --- high MF, not-that-great residual, no discount from sticker and high taxes. You might be better off shopping elsewhere. You can get an X5 for much less than $1200/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cm171717cm171717 Member Posts: 35
    Hi, looking for latest lease details for 2016 volvo xc90 momentum

15k miles/yr
    36, 39, 42 month term (whichever has best terms)
    Money factor

Thanks
    cm171717 said:

Hi, looking for latest lease details for 2016 volvo xc90 momentum

15k miles/yr
    36, 39, 42 month term (whichever has best terms)
    Money factor

Thanks

No Volvo numbers, this month

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• blmossblmoss Member Posts: 6
    Have a current deal on the table but not sure that their numbers are correct:

DFW, TX
    Momentum Plus
    39 month / 15k miles
    $54,074 price
    $345.25 in fees
    $3481 in taxes
    .00084 MF
    54% residual
    $0 down
    867.39 / month

When doing my calcs I get closer to $806 and not sure what I'm missing. Thanks!

blmoss said:

Have a current deal on the table but not sure that their numbers are correct:

DFW, TX
    Momentum Plus
    39 month / 15k miles
    $54,074 price
    $345.25 in fees
    $3481 in taxes
    .00084 MF
    54% residual
    $0 down
    867.39 / month

When doing my calcs I get closer to $806 and not sure what I'm missing. Thanks!

What is the MSRP?

Does the $54,074 price include the taxes and fees, or are they being added?

Not enough information to figure out the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry about that. The 54,074 is the MSRP. That does not include the taxes and fees. Those are being added to the price
    blmoss said:

Sorry about that. The 54,074 is the MSRP. That does not include the taxes and fees. Those are being added to the price

So, what is the net cap cost? (selling price + taxes & fees)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

$57,900.33
    blmoss said:

$57,900.33

That gives me a payment of $809/mo - pretty close to your calculations. Ask the dealer what net cap cost they are using. If different, find out why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Testing123Testing123 Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2015
    Crystal White Ext/Nappa Blond Interior
    Climate, Convenience, and Vision Pkgs
    Booster seat and Air Suspension
    BW sound with CD Player.

None of the NJ dealers are willing to work out a decent deal. I had to reach out to dealers in PA. SOme of them are at least willing to consider a reduction in cost.

A dealer in PA quoted $66305 as MSRP and said that he will knock of $1500.00.
    Invoice comes to $62811. I offered $63,000.00 and he refused.

I opinion is that once Q7 hits the lots on Jan 4-9 (one dealer in PA confirmed and scheduled a Q7 test drive for Jan 9) - XC90 dealers will become a bit more aggressive.

I hear stories that MB and BMW buyers pay $7500 to $10,000 below MSRP and I wonder why I should pay only $1500 below invoice for a Volvo. I know that this is a hot cake at this time. Another 1-3 months and Volvos should go for invoice price or close to that.

I saw Q7 at NY auto show and to be honest the interior is far below XC90 quality. Exterior does not even come close to XC90 looks. And the engine - I hope Audi did not use any software to tweak the horsepower and other numbers.
  • rboilardrboilard Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2016
    Searching and buying on the these XC90 is certainly a challenge. We've been working with a dealer for a couple months and never pulled the trigger. First off they never had the color/interior combination we like, nor did they offer to do a vehicle search. Thought maybe these car were so hot now that many dealers weren't trading them out. Though they did have the exterior color, so I had the dealer price a 39mth 10M lease. Sounded ok, but my wife wanted a different interior. Finally found the car in the eastern side of the state with 1 more package. So the original car I priced was $54,715 (my dealer was going to give me $1000 off) the other car was $56,315 (this dealer offered us $3000 off) Casting aside that the payments were actually $82.15 less per month on the more expensive car and they offered us $1000 more of a trade. I did question my dealer why, never got a straight answer but they are a little mad saying I had an obligation to buy there. I feel bad but couldn't pass up on the car out east and grabbed it.
    rboilard said:

Searching and buying on the these XC90 is certainly a challenge. We've been working with a dealer for a couple months and never pulled the trigger. First off they never had the color/interior combination we like, nor did they offer to do a vehicle search. Thought maybe these car were so hot now that many dealers weren't trading them out. Though they did have the exterior color, so I had the dealer price a 39mth 10M lease. Sounded ok, but my wife wanted a different interior. Finally found the car in the eastern side of the state with 1 more package. So the original car I priced was $54,715 (my dealer was going to give me $1000 off) the other car was $56,315 (this dealer offered us $3000 off) Casting aside that the payments were actually $82.15 less per month on the more expensive car and they offered us $1000 more of a trade. I did question my dealer why, never got a straight answer but they are a little mad saying I had an obligation to buy there. I feel bad but couldn't pass up on the car out east and grabbed it.

Good for you to sticking to your guns and getting what you wanted.

Unless you signed something with the local dealer you were under no obligation to do business with them.

In that price range (heck, in any price range) you should get what you want and not settle - even if it means travelling to get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

rboilard said:

So did you get $3k off the $56,315? Or was that the price with the discount? May I also ask what your lease payments came out to be, and what state you are in/what the taxes are?
  • bosco15bosco15 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have residual and MF for 12k/year, 39 month lease?
    edited January 2016
    Does anyone have MF And residual for 12k miles and 39 month lease on the XC90? Thanks
    My apologies if this was double posted. 
    bosco15 said:

Does anyone have MF And residual for 12k miles and 39 month lease on the XC90? Thanks
    My apologies if this was double posted. 

Sorry, we didn't get any Volvo lease numbers. Perhaps later this week when the January numbers are released....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited January 2016

rboilard said:

So did you get $3k off the $56,315? Or was that the price with the discount? May I also ask what your lease payments came out to be, and what state you are in/what the taxes are?
    Yes we got the $3000 off MSRP so the car priced out at $53,315, that being said we did bad thing by basically prepaying most of the lease. We essentially gave them $13,500. So our 39/10 lease is $355.93. In Massachusetts 6.25% Tax.
    rboilard said:

rboilard said:

Yes we got the $3000 off MSRP so the car priced out at $53,315, that being said we did bad thing by basically prepaying most of the lease. We essentially gave them $13,500. So our 39/10 lease is $355.93. In Massachusetts 6.25% Tax.

Happy new Year. You indicated that you got $3000 off MSRP which is quite close to Invoice. What was the mileage on the vehicle when you took possession from the dealer? Just want to make sure this is NOT a demo vehicle. Dealers in NJ and PA are offering similar or deep discounts for demo vehicles.

After researching over 40 dealers in NJ and PA, I am yet to find a dealer that is willing to sit and make the deal. So far, we see only $1500 off MSRP one in PA and the other in MD.

rboilard said:

rboilard said:

Happy new Year. You indicated that you got $3000 off MSRP which is quite close to Invoice. What was the mileage on the vehicle when you took possession from the dealer? Just want to make sure this is NOT a demo vehicle. Dealers in NJ and PA are offering similar or deep discounts for demo vehicles.

After researching over 40 dealers in NJ and PA, I am yet to find a dealer that is willing to sit and make the deal. So far, we see only $1500 off MSRP one in PA and the other in MD.
    There was 39 miles on the vehicle. I would assume from test drives. This car was still wrapped in plastic and was definitely not a demo. Good luck in your quest….
    I'll answer here as well since my response got buried in the quotes. There was 39 miles on the vehicle. I would assume from test drives. This car was still wrapped in plastic and was definitely not a demo. Good luck in your quest….
    rboilard said:

I'll answer here as well since my response got buried in the quotes. There was 39 miles on the vehicle. I would assume from test drives. This car was still wrapped in plastic and was definitely not a demo. Good luck in your quest….

Thanks RBoilard. That helps. I think you really got an awesome deal. From the price that you paid, it looks like a Momentum but not an Inscription. There are a boatload of Momentums available at every dealer and they are willing to knock off a lot of $$ on them but not Inscriptions. Partly because there are fewer Inscriptions.

I think once Q7 hits the lots this week and the next, Volvo dealers will realize the MSRP honeymoon is over.

BTW, I once did the same mistake that you did - prepay all taxes initially and then realized later that it is not a prudent thing to do.

Enjoy the XC90.

There are a boatload of Momentums available at every dealer and they are willing to knock off a lot of $$ on them but not Inscriptions. Partly because there are fewer Inscriptions.

I think once Q7 hits the lots this week and the next, Volvo dealers will realize the MSRP honeymoon is over.

Just curious -- when you say they are willing to knock off "a lot of $$" on Momentums, what are you basing this information on? And what would you consider to be "a lot of $$"?
    As I mentioned earlier, on Inscriptions, at least two dealers are offering in writing $1500 below MSRP. That is the max discount they are willing to go on Inscription and for the ones in stock. Moreover, quite a few dealers have confirmed that they are willing to work with me in knocking off more than that on Momentums in achieving close to invoice like the one that rBoilard got $3000 below MSRP. To me $3000 is "a lot of $$$" on a hot cake car. And the information that dealers are giving me on the phone is what I am basing on. Does this suffice?
    edited January 2016
    The most I've heard or seen being taken off MSRP is about $1000 to $1500. I agree with the post above there are more Momentums available but Inscriptions are definitely not hard to find. My only concern with the Inscription is the longevity of the interior, Very soft leather seats and a leather dash. The dash will take a beating from the sun so if not maintained the leather will dry out. I could be wrong though. All I can say is be willing to walk from a deal and get what you want. My dealer is beyond upset but they would have never matched the deal I got. So when they say I'm obligated to buy there, I say my only obligation is to my family and my deal. That being said, I'm curious as to the January lease numbers and deals others get. Good Luck everyone.
    rboilard said:

The most I've heard or seen being taken off MSRP is about $1000 to $1500. I agree with the post above there are more Momentums available but Inscriptions are definitely not hard to find. My only concern with the Inscription is the longevity of the interior, Very soft leather seats and a leather dash. The dash will take a beating from the sun so if not maintained the leather will dry out. I could be wrong though. All I can say is be willing to walk from a deal and get what you want. My dealer is beyond upset but they would have never matched the deal I got. So when they say I'm obligated to buy there, I say my only obligation is to my family and my deal. That being said, I'm curious as to the January lease numbers and deals others get. Good Luck everyone.

Hi rBoilard: Just to confirm, which Trim did you get? And secondly, you did get $3000 off even though you are saying that the max a dealer is discounting is $1000-$1500. Correct?
  • govnagovna Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    Are Lease terms out for January? I could have been more clear... Looking at an XC90 R -type, need MF, resid, for 30,36 or 39 months, whichever is the sweet spot.

THANKS

As I mentioned earlier, on Inscriptions, at least two dealers are offering in writing $1500 below MSRP. That is the max discount they are willing to go on Inscription and for the ones in stock. Moreover, quite a few dealers have confirmed that they are willing to work with me in knocking off more than that on Momentums in achieving close to invoice like the one that rBoilard got $3000 below MSRP. To me $3000 is "a lot of $$$" on a hot cake car. And the information that dealers are giving me on the phone is what I am basing on. Does this suffice?

Thank you for the info! I wasn't doubting you -- I know it's hard to tell "tone of voice" sometimes via message board. I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can in order to get the best deal. So if "a lot of $$" meant $5000 off, I'd want to know :-) I really appreciate the help.
    govna said:

Are Lease terms out for January? I could have been more clear... Looking at an XC90 R -type, need MF, resid, for 30,36 or 39 months, whichever is the sweet spot.

THANKS

Sorry... we haven't received the Volvo numbers for January .

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

govna said:

THANKS

I know that you weren't able to get December numbers, and now nothing for January as well. So aside from this forum, are there other ways to try to get the numbers? Can I call Volvo North America, for example?

kyfdx said:

govna said:

THANKS

I know that you weren't able to get December numbers, and now nothing for January as well. So aside from this forum, are there other ways to try to get the numbers? Can I call Volvo North America, for example?
    It's confidential dealer information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

govna said:

THANKS

Did you try calling the dealers to inquire about? Some of them might be jerks and will ask you to come while others can be nice and give you the info that you are asking. If you get numbers from one place, try to get from two others so they are not making it up out of think air.

Thank you for the info! I wasn't doubting you -- I know it's hard to tell "tone of voice" sometimes via message board. I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can in order to get the best deal. So if "a lot of $$" meant $5000 off, I'd want to know :-) I really appreciate the help.
    If I get $5000 off, I would have an Inscription outside my home. I wish. We could expect that kind of price drop perhaps when the next model year comes. Whenever that is. All of us are pooling our heads here to get and share as much info as possible so all of us get great deals. Let us hope we end up with great deals.
  • govnagovna Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    kyfdx said:

UGH! My car should arrive at the dealer any day now! a friend was quoted a MF of .0022 a few days ago... that seems crazy to me.

patiently waiting for numbers...

govna said:
    Are Lease terms out for January? I could have been more clear... Looking at an XC90 R -type, need MF, resid, for 30,36 or 39 months, whichever is the sweet spot. THANKS
    I am getting a R-type based on earlier numbers (from when I ordered), but dealer told me that 39 month lease now (Jan) is .00141 MF. I believe residual is 55% but not positive. You should be able to call dealer and they will give you info- Volvo has always been up front with me on this stuff.
    edited January 2016
    " TESTING123"Hi rBoilard: Just to confirm, which Trim did you get? And secondly, you did get $3000 off even though you are saying that the max a dealer is discounting is $1000-$1500. Correct? "

We got the Momentum trim. I was calling a couple other dealers in our area and everyone seemed to be $1000 or $1500 off MRSP regardless if it was a Momentum or Inscription. I ended up driving 70 miles and got $3000 off our Momentum. Never priced out an Inscription with them, though they have at least 7 from what I saw. Right now they have 2 R's, 5 Inscriptions, and 48 Momentums.
    edited January 2016
    thanks
  • newcarbuyer60newcarbuyer60 Member Posts: 3
    Just called my local Volvo dealer and they're saying that the MF and residual on 39 month / 12,000 miles AWD Momentum is .00191 and 55%. Does that sound right?
    Just called my local Volvo dealer and they're saying that the MF and residual on 39 month / 12,000 miles AWD Momentum is .00191 and 55%. Does that sound right?
    I don't know if it's "right", but those are pretty miserable numbers. I asked one dealer today, and they wouldn't tell me either number. They did offer that the 60-month interest rate is 1.90% on a purchase.

Acura is offering .0002 MF on the MDX, and the residual is higher. I wish Volvo were more aggressive!
    Can anyone shed some light on pros and cons of a longer term lease? Basically, I do not drive more than 10K miles a year. I am thinking to get either 39 months or 48 months lease. Any downside?

Also, I am not sure why dealers love 39 months lease as opposed to 36 months. What is the 3 months more going to do anyway. very silly question but bugging me.

I don't know if it's "right", but those are pretty miserable numbers. I asked one dealer today, and they wouldn't tell me either number. They did offer that the 60-month interest rate is 1.90% on a purchase.

Acura is offering .0002 MF on the MDX, and the residual is higher. I wish Volvo were more aggressive!

We haven't seen any Volvo numbers for a couple of months, so I can't tell you if that's the buy rate or if that rate is inflated by the dealer (which they are allowed to do).

For comparison, the MF on the new 2017 Q7 is .00243, and I've seen numbers higher than .00300 for some Range Rover models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can anyone shed some light on pros and cons of a longer term lease? Basically, I do not drive more than 10K miles a year. I am thinking to get either 39 months or 48 months lease. Any downside?

Also, I am not sure why dealers love 39 months lease as opposed to 36 months. What is the 3 months more going to do anyway. very silly question but bugging me.

It's not the dealers that promote the lease terms; it's the bank. And, it's all about marketing - the extra 3 months may have the same residual as a 36 month lease, or a slightly better MF.

Rarely are there good deals on leases longer than 39 months. MF goes up, residual goes down on 48 or 60 month leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator