Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
edited December 2015 in Honda
Am considering a 2016 Honda Civic, and I am sure many others are also interested in your buying experience and the deal you were able to work out.

Comments

• acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    edited December 2015
    Anyone thinking of buying a 2016 Honda Civic will be interested in your buying experience and the price you were able to work out. Thank you.
  • gopalrgopalr Member Posts: 17
    I got quote for 2016 Civic EX with honda sensing for $22,900 OTD in charlotte NC area
  • lalala24lalala24 Member Posts: 1
    i just brought my 2016 civic ex for $22100 OTD in Charlotte NC. Included in this price was nitrogen tires, wheel locks, body molding, splash guards, handle film, and tinted windows! Very happy with the purchase!!
  • ksuburakksuburak Member Posts: 2
    lalala24 said:

i just brought my 2016 civic ex for $22100 OTD in Charlotte NC. Included in this price was nitrogen tires, wheel locks, body molding, splash guards, handle film, and tinted windows! Very happy with the purchase!!

Good deal!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I never thought I would see the day when the MSRP on a Civic LX is over 20,000!

Saw my first one yesterday. A black EX and all I can say is WOW! I honestly thought it was an Accord
  • gopalrgopalr Member Posts: 17
    lalala24
    lalala24 said:

Congrats.

Can you give dealer and sales rep details.
  • zzyzxzzyzx Member Posts: 7
    Purchased 2016 Honda Civic EX in Austin TX. Selling price was $20713.00 . OTD price was $21575.00
  • ksuburakksuburak Member Posts: 2
    zzyzx said:

Purchased 2016 Honda Civic EX in Austin TX. Selling price was $20713.00 . OTD price was $21575.00

Congrats! Great deal.

Can you tell us the offer price?
  • zzyzxzzyzx Member Posts: 7
    $20713 was the offer price.

• xmascheesexmascheese Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    I got a 2016 Civic EX over the weekend in east portland. MSRP was $21875, dealer price was $20,800. Dealer doesn't negotiate on any of the their car prices, but price was better than any other dealer within 50 miles. Registration, Title, and doc fees were $373. Out the door at $21,173. They also gave trade in credit of my old car above KBB trade in value.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

I got a 2016 Civic EX over the weekend in east portland. MSRP was $21875, dealer price was $20,800. Dealer doesn't negotiate on any of the their car prices, but price was better than any other dealer within 50 miles. Registration, Title, and doc fees were $373. Out the door at $21,173. They also gave trade in credit of my old car above KBB trade in value.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carfreek1carfreek1 Member Posts: 1
    i sent out a bid request to five dealers and ended up getting the lx cvt for 1300 off sticker; pretty happy with that 18900 175 gimmick fees plus tax
  • b2rb2r Member Posts: 2
    Picking up 2016 EX CVT ($21,875 MSRP) in morning for $20,687 including destination fee. Add state tax, DMV registration fees and $379 documentation fee (unregulated in NJ, so we get gouged), plus a few bucks for tire disposal fee...thank you... and I will be out the door for $22,633. I got best interest rate and they matched it (after filling out credit application online, which I can understand), but over a full percentage point lower than what they were offering. Of course, I'm going to say no to paint protector, data dots security protection and extended warranty with a face that simply lets them know I'm not even paying attention to any "value" description. I buy Honda for reliability and find it humorous how after you buy, the focus is on everything that could go wrong with car. Why not talk about that when person first comes in to test drive the car (ya...exactly). Also, do note, only time I stepped in showroom was to put down deposit. I set my purchase price and communicated via email, while I watched football on TV, having online pricing to base my offer (firm). It just was best use of time, rather than sitting around in a dealer's cube, while the act of negotiation is played out. I regret any time spent tomorrow going through attempt to sell pack on items, signing contract, but I will be clear I don't want anything, all overpaid and rarely used. Savings on never taking out extended warranties over the years, more than makes up for any uncommon expense of any unexpected repair, which is rare with Honda. Safe travels.
  • jp_2016jp_2016 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2016
    I got a quote: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan LX, CVT, without Honda Sensing;
    MSRP: $20,260.00
    Dealer's price: $19,400.00
    Out-the-door price: $21,334.35 (which includes DMV: $198, Doc fee: $80, Elec transfer fee: $29, Cali tire fee: $8.75, Cali sales tax, 8%, $1,561.60)

Anyone, What do you think with the price quote I got? I feel like it's too pricey, since @zzyzx , @xmascheese and @lalala24 got their EX model for just several hundreds from my LX model and with perks and Honda Sensing...

Looking to purchase very soon. Price quote is fr couple days ago...

edited January 2016
    Strongly considering an EX model instead of the LX model. EX has a way better features than an LX with only over a thousand dollars difference...
    jp_2016 said:

Strongly considering an EX model instead of the LX model. EX has a way better features than an LX with only over a thousand dollars difference...

Invoice is $18,900 and Edmunds TMV is $19,900.

Not sure you'll do much better on a new popular model, that has no incentives.

About $1600 more MSRP to move up the EX. A lot of extras for that, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2016
    Latest price quote, 2016 Honda Civic EX:

(Location: Southern California)

MSRP: $21,875.00
    Dealer price: 20,584.00
    OTD price: 22,035.00 (plus full tank, when I asked for perks/promos for the car or purchase...)

Anyone, what do you think? Good deal?
    edited January 2016
    New to Edmunds. How do you reply to a post, and have the post with your reply?
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited January 2016
    jp_2016 said:

New to Edmunds. How do you reply to a post?

Welcome, jp_2016! Just click the "Quote" button below the post you want to reply to -- the quote will show in the reply box below. Then enter your response in the same box and click "Post Comment".

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• welshcorgiwelshcorgi Member Posts: 2
    Hi!

I got a quote for 2016 Honda Civic LX and wanted to ask you to see if it is a good deal. The OTD is 19400. Below is breakdown.

Selling Price $ 17,790
    Destination-Fee $ 0
    Doc-Fee $ 75
    Additional Services $ 100 (In transit permit)
    Sales Tax $ 1,129.67
    Registration $ 305.33
    Total $19,400

Do you think it is a good price??
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, there is a destination fee that I think is over 800.00 now. It's probably included in the selling price. I've been retired for a few years now so I don't know if that price is a good one. Doc fee is very reasnoble and, of course, the dealer has no control over what the sales tax and registration costs are.
  • radar007radar007 Member Posts: 24
    Interested in what a good price for a Civic EX with turbo would be in Ohio? Looking to purchase in next few months. Any incentives coming up for these? When would be best time to purchase? Thanks. 
    radar007 said:

Interested in what a good price for a Civic EX with turbo would be in Ohio? Looking to purchase in next few months. Any incentives coming up for these? When would be best time to purchase? Thanks. 

Civic comes with a turbo?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    kyfdx said:

radar007 said:

Civic comes with a turbo?
    Yep, a 1.5L that makes 174HP. I believe it's the EX-T trim level. Also available on the Touring model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rlinwcrlinwc Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2016 Civic Touring from Kuhn Honda in Tampa..2980 off of sticker, plus they don't have all of those wonderful dealer installed options on their cars. No games, no b.s.. I was treated very well, and the financing was very competitive
    rlinwc said:

Bought a 2016 Civic Touring from Kuhn Honda in Tampa..2980 off of sticker, plus they don't have all of those wonderful dealer installed options on their cars. No games, no b.s.. I was treated very well, and the financing was very competitive

Congratulations!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• redredrabbitredredrabbit Member Posts: 44
    I'm shocked by how dead this thread is. Anybody score a sweet deal on a 2016 Civic EX lately?
    There is a duplicate thread here: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38321/honda/x/2016-honda-civic-prices-paid-and-buying-experience

Mods, can you merge the 2 threads?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Merged, did we lose anyone? :)

Thanks for the "bump" @redredrabbit.
    Anyone getting good quotes for the EX?
  • samkasamka Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering if anyone got a good deal on the Civic LX CVT
    Does anyone know of any dealer or customer incentives/bonuses for this month or next on a new Civic?

Does anyone know of any dealer or customer incentives/bonuses for this month or next on a new Civic?

No incentives currently for the Civic. Current information is valid until 5/2/16, but Honda reserves the right to change the program at any time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

No incentives currently for the Civic. Current information is valid until 5/2/16, but Honda reserves the right to change the program at any time.
    Do you think it would be a good idea to wait for possible Civic incentives for the month of May?

Also, is Honda offering $500 bonus for financing through them? Or do you think one would be better off just buying in cash to get the better deal?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We have a calculator for that:

Low APR vs. Cash Back Calculator
    Michaell said:

Any new inside scoop on dealer or customer incentives for Civic and Accord?

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

$1000 dealer cash on the Accord.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2016
    kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

Thanks. Next wave of incentive changes coming May 2? Any predictions for the Civic?

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

Thanks. Next wave of incentive changes coming May 2? Any predictions for the Civic?
    None that I'm willing to hang my hat on. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

Do you guys know if there will be new incentives introduced on May 2nd? Thanks.

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

There will be updated numbers, for sure. Can't speak to whether the incentives will change or not. Could get better - or, could get worse. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

There will be updated numbers, for sure. Can't speak to whether the incentives will change or not. Could get better - or, could get worse. :wink:
    Well it can't get worse for the Civic, as there are no dealer or customer incentives at the moment. Thanks.

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

Well it can't get worse for the Civic, as there are no dealer or customer incentives at the moment. Thanks.
    True enough. If they keep selling as well as they have been, Honda has no incentive to help them move.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• herknavherknav Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2016 Civic EX-L in DC area for 21,300; paid 23,000 OTD w/ tax & tags. White paint w/ beige leather and nice features at that price.
    herknav said:

I just bought a 2016 Civic EX-L in DC area for 21,300; paid 23,000 OTD w/ tax & tags. White paint w/ beige leather and nice features at that price.

Congrats on the new Civic!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bowling777bowling777 Member Posts: 8
    Would you take this deal?
    2016 Civic Touring
    36/15 lease Zero down except 1st payment.
    $306.17
    No trade in...
    in PA

Would you take this deal?
    2016 Civic Touring
    36/15 lease Zero down except 1st payment.
    $306.17
    No trade in...
    in PA

MSRP? Selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bowling777bowling777 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2016
    MSRP $27,335
    Cap Cost $25,000
    + $1000 Loyalty rebate
    = $24,000
  • txhondadrvrtxhondadrvr Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone bought or gotten quotes for a Civic LX manual recently? Curious what a reasonable price is. TrueCar's estimate for my area is $17290.
    kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Nothing on the Civic.

It's May 4, which means there should be new promos out :)
    Is there any new inside dealer cash on Civic or Accord?