Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Easy Service at 7,500 Miles - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Kia
imageEasy Service at 7,500 Miles - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Kia Sedona called for service just after passing the 7,500-mile mark.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Upselling is a common thing at KIA/Hyundai dealers. Unsuspecting or unknowing customers really take it in the pocketbook with this tactic. When I had my Hyundai, and would wait at the dealership for an oil change or something easy, I would cringe every time the service advisor would enter the room. They would constantly try to sell $89 cabin filters, $60 wiper blades, $50 engine air filters, etc. Some customers would just readily agree while others would end up on cellphones calling husbands/wives/significant others asking what they should do. One time they told me I needed an $89 cabin filter literally one week after I replaced it myself at home. When I told them there was no way it needed the filter, they said "well, the one you have is dirty." When I asked them how it could be dirty being only 1 week old, they responded "well, you must drive on dirty roads." After going back and forth about it, the service advisor just shrugged and walked away. The invoice had a note that the customer was advised of a dirty cabin filter and denied a replacement filter. That is definitely one aspect of owning a Hyundai that I do not miss. The Chevy/Cadillac dealer I use for my current Chevy is the exact opposite. They do exactly what you ask for and do not upsell anything.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Personally, I'd NEVER mention the X miles treatment. State "I'd like an Oil Change and Tire Rotation please". Otherwise, you get the upsells (which you probably get anyway, but at least you were clear in what you wanted).
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    This is one reason why I do my own car work. Dealers never see me after the purchase, unless there is a warranty repair or recall.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Check the manufacturer service recommendation for this car.

Hyundai and Kia both require that if Top Tier fuel isn't being used, a fuel system cleaner is to be added at each oil change interval.