Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Odyssey with only 6 seats?

mimi111mimi111 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in Honda
I just read that the new 2017 Odyssey is going to come with only 6 seats:
"The interior of 2017 Honda Odyssey would be more than spacious for the maximum of six passengers which could be placed on three seat rows"
http://newrelease2016.com/2017-honda-odyssey-release-date-and-price/

Is it possible that from 8 seats they will go down to 6? Anyone has any other information.
I own a 2012 Odyssey and nothing beats it in terms of inside room and cargo/trunk. I was waiting for the redesigned 2017, and I'm shocked. If this is the case, I need to go looking for a different minivan.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2016
    I think there's a lot of click-bait sites out there with inaccurate information. It may be possible to option a new one with four leather captain's chairs, but like this other site opines in somewhat fractured English, chances are "the 2017 Honda Odyssey can house in at least six to seven passengers inside the cabin."

I got to drive my brother's 13 Odyssey quite a few miles earlier this week and it's a nice ride. Wish they'd "fix" the kink in the back though.
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    edited January 2016
    Maybe an option with 6 captains chairs. Like a First Class minivan B)

Other options are 3 bench seats (9 seater) -- economy Van
    2+3+2 = 7 seater ---- economy plus minivan