Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fear and Boating in Las Vegas - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Honda
imageFear and Boating in Las Vegas - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

A quick trip to Las Vegas was a perfect chance to see if our 2016 Honda Pilot could redeem itself after a recent middling road-trip fuel economy performance.

Read the full story here

Comments

• longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    "But I drove alone and ran at or below 70 mph to pull it off."

Yeah, I see what you mean...if a large, 3-row SUV has to carry only one person and an overnight bag to get good mpg, then...?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "But the prevailing flow of Vegas-bound traffic had other ideas and made this uncomfortable. " Are you that easily intimidated? In a vehicle that size?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    The SS Stell is just waiting for the water level to come back up.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451

"But the prevailing flow of Vegas-bound traffic had other ideas and made this uncomfortable. " Are you that easily intimidated? In a vehicle that size?

It's more a case of not wanting to be the source of a traffic jam while I ran my test speed. There are only two lanes going in the same direction, and everyone wants to go 85 mph out there. Had I not been trying to prove something, I would have simply matched the general flow of traffic. But I most likely would have been back at 22 mpg or less.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    Maybe the SS Stell is ballast for the tower? Lowers its center of gravity? Glad you did the run as this power train is what will be in the new 2017 Ridgeline (although wth the 6 speed) and Honda guys are still guessing at what the Ridgeline's official mpg specs will be. I think a little less than the Pilot - maybe 17/24/20
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2016

It's more a case of not wanting to be the source of a traffic jam while I ran my test speed. There are only two lanes going in the same direction, and everyone wants to go 85 mph out there. Had I not been trying to prove something, I would have simply matched the general flow of traffic. But I most likely would have been back at 22 mpg or less.
    Well, if that's your comfort zone, so be it. Personally, I do not let others set my speed. If they want to blast along at 15 over the limit, then it's their gas and their license, but don't expect me to say "baa-baa" and run with the rest of the sheep.