Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Buick Envision Arrives in Showrooms Next Summer: 2016 Detroit Auto Show | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Buick
2016 Buick Envision Arrives in Showrooms Next Summer: 2016 Detroit Auto Show | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Buick Envision, a compact SUV built in China, will arrive at Buick dealerships next summer, following a North American debut at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    So it looks like the Enclave is the only U.S. built SUV.
  • Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    I meant U.S. built Buick SUV
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    This should sell - to people who don't know, to fleets, and to Chinese expats. It'll be interesting to see how overboard they go with QC for this one.
  • Options
    adavaladaval Member Posts: 1
    Could you please print the dimensions, now that we know it's coming to the states. I would like the width, length, shoulder height, most important to me its the space from the ground to the inside, how far you have to step into the car. Thanks
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Wikipedia has some basic information but all I see on other sites so far are references to the current version sold in China. That could change. Sounds like it's going for the BMW X3 size niche.
  • Options
    zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    I would consider this unless the infotainment interface is not improved over the one I have in my 2014 Regal. It was designed poorly and despite GM having the ability to upgrade it with software, it has not done so.
  • Options
    egoistxegoistx Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    I'm an angry Envision owner from China! I got my car at 2015.12.22, next day got slightly scratched with low speed(about 5-10km/h). But the left front suspension got damaged as below! I could not image what will happen if I was on expressway. The next next day, I called GM but they denied it's car quality defect. I was very disappointed with GM's attitude. Could you give me some advice? My e-mail is [Email removed], thank you.

• Options
    zman49zman49 Member Posts: 12
    If it is not coming until next summer, why isn't it a 2017?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think that size-wise it is positioned to sit between the Enclave and the Encore. It has the flat-floor option so should be pretty roomy inside.
  • Options
    zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2016
    egoistx: What country are you in? In the US, we have laws that might protect you. It may be hard to prove that the damage wasn't due to a major impact however. Suspensions can be damaged by potholes, hitting curbs etc. and that would not be covered by a warranty. It would usually be covered by insurance.