Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Spirit Diagnostics

gohansologohansolo Member Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Dodge
So I have a 1995 Dodge Spirit and this winter has been rough so far. My heat does not work properly at all and only really gets warm at all if it isn't cold out or if it sits idling for like 20 minutes. Once I start moving though it blows cold air. I did a diagnostics on it and it gave me these codes: 12, 17, 21, and 52. I am not a huge car expert but I also don't have a ton of money (hence the 1995 Dodge Spirit lol). I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction as to what is wrong with my car, what would need to be done to fix it, and how much it would cost. At the very least, I want to have working heat. If it helps, I could also point out that I believe the computer in the vehicle is broken and the windshield wiper motor is as well.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    codes indicated recent battery disconnect (12) engine running too cool (17) and 02 sensor is unhappy for some reason---running too rich.

Have you checked coolant level? Is it full up?

Are the heater hoses warm going into and coming out of the heater core? If the inlet hose is cold, you might have a thermostat issue. If the inlet is warm but the outlet is cold, you could have a heater core blockage or defective heater valve.