Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE Class Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979
    etihad77w said:

kyfdx said:

etihad77w said:

Michaell said:

etihad77w said:

Hello,

I would please like know what the MF/Residual is for a 2016 AMG GLE 63s (Coupe) is?

Both for 24/10K and 36/10K.

Thank you very much! :-)

Standard MF and 64% / 59%

Thank you Michaell..

I am new to leasing and am not familiar with the standard MF. What number is that?

Thank you!
    It's somewhere in the .0020-.0022 range.

Thank you very much!

Few more questions if you please mind answering.

1. What, if any is the "Rent Charge"?

2. Typical Acquisition Fee for MB?

3. Plan on doing a Single Payment lease with MB. I have a trade in worth ~$56K and I was wondering if it is a good idea to trade it in with the dealer?

Thank you again!
    1. Rent charge is the interest paid on the money you borrow for the lease
    2. $795, but dealer can mark it up
    3. If you do a single pay lease, I don't see any issues with using trade equity to cover that amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    To etihad77w,
    I did one lease payment as I was trading in my car. I went to car max and got a written estimate. I also looked at NADA and had friend assess Manheim auction data. The trade in prices give or take about the same. Dealer matched car max. Remember this is a double deal so must negotiate a good cap cost on your lease. Money factor drops with one pay, but I am currently not sure at this time by how much. I recently did pull ahead with MB for another vehicle and used remaining credit for cap cost reduction. This area is controversial and I usually would not make extra payments to lower cap cost, but I had money coming back to me.
  • etihad77wetihad77w Member Posts: 27
    Michaell said:

etihad77w said:

kyfdx said:

etihad77w said:

Michaell said:

etihad77w said:

Hello,

I would please like know what the MF/Residual is for a 2016 AMG GLE 63s (Coupe) is?

Thank you Michaell..

I am new to leasing and am not familiar with the standard MF. What number is that?

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

3. Plan on doing a Single Payment lease with MB. I have a trade in worth ~$56K and I was wondering if it is a good idea to trade it in with the dealer?

Thank you again!
    3. If you do a single pay lease, I don't see any issues with using trade equity to cover that amount.

Thank you very much Michaell..

Is it true that the MF increases once over 100K? Seems the standard mf is fairly high on this model when compared with other models? ~4.8%

Also the finance folks at MB told me to NOT do a one time payment because in the event of say the car is declared a loss, I would not be getting any of my money back. Vs. a monthly payment my insurance will cover part and GAP will cover some part. Is this a good idea?

What if any are the benefits to doing a one time payment on a lease?

Is it true that you don't get any of your one time payment back?

Thanks again!
    mlevine said:

To etihad77w,
    I did one lease payment as I was trading in my car. I went to car max and got a written estimate. I also looked at NADA and had friend assess Manheim auction data. The trade in prices give or take about the same. Dealer matched car max. Remember this is a double deal so must negotiate a good cap cost on your lease. Money factor drops with one pay, but I am currently not sure at this time by how much. I recently did pull ahead with MB for another vehicle and used remaining credit for cap cost reduction. This area is controversial and I usually would not make extra payments to lower cap cost, but I had money coming back to me.

Thank you for the advice. Will def think this over. I have about two months before the car arrives.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    etihad77w said:

Michaell said:

etihad77w said:

kyfdx said:

etihad77w said:

Michaell said:

etihad77w said:

Hello,

Thank you Michaell..

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

Thank you again!

Thank you very much Michaell..

Is it true that the MF increases once over 100K? Seems the standard mf is fairly high on this model when compared with other models? ~4.8%

Also the finance folks at MB told me to NOT do a one time payment because in the event of say the car is declared a loss, I would not be getting any of my money back. Vs. a monthly payment my insurance will cover part and GAP will cover some part. Is this a good idea?

What if any are the benefits to doing a one time payment on a lease?

Is it true that you don't get any of your one time payment back?

Thanks again!
    MF doesn't change with MSRP, but a lot of the higher priced models use the "Standard" MF, which is around .0020.

One-pay leases are different than a regular lease with a large CAP reduction. In the even of an involuntary lease termination, the one-pay lease is assumed to have been paid in monthly installments, and so you get a prorated portion of the single-pay amount back, before GAP is applied. The benefit to a single-pay lease, is a reduction in the money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nyjmrrfnyjmrrf Member Posts: 54
    Looking for current residual on the GLE 63S suv(non-coupe). 36 months/10k mi/year.
    Thanks
    nyjmrrf said:

Looking for current residual on the GLE 63S suv(non-coupe). 36 months/10k mi/year.
    Thanks

Standard MF and 55% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyjmrrfnyjmrrf Member Posts: 54
    kyfdx said:
    Looking for current residual on the GLE 63S suv(non-coupe). 36 months/10k mi/year. Thanks
    Thank you. What about the "plain" gle 63 amg (non-s)?
    Similar numbers?
  • bay9999bay9999 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Would you post the MF and residual for a 2016 GLE 350 4Matic? 36/12 and 36/15.
    nyjmrrf said:

kyfdx said:

nyjmrrf said:

Thanks

Thank you. What about the "plain" gle 63 amg (non-s)?
    Similar numbers?

Same numbers for the non-S

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

bay9999 said:

Would you post the MF and residual for a 2016 GLE 350 4Matic? 36/12 and 36/15.

.00104 MF and 56%/54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dcjenningsdcjennings Member Posts: 22
    Posting my deal. I feel its a "fair" deal, but let me know your thoughts. Dealer marked up the MF (stated its their way of doing business...negotiated till blue in the face with no luck)

MSRP: $60,895
    Cap: $53,587 (12% off)
    MF: .00137 (+.00033) 3.288%
    Residual (15k/yr): 54%
    6.5% Tax

Pmt: $753

Posting my deal. I feel its a "fair" deal, but let me know your thoughts. Dealer marked up the MF (stated its their way of doing business...negotiated till blue in the face with no luck)

6.5% Tax

I get $739/mo with those numbers - I suspect there might have been a small fee added into the cap cost.

Were there other MB dealers you could have used to negotiate against each other?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

6.5% Tax

I get $739/mo with those numbers - I suspect there might have been a small fee added into the cap cost.

Were there other MB dealers you could have used to negotiate against each other?
    Being in South Florida, this was the best I could come up with. All the dealers within 3hrs drive would't come off >5% from MSRP. The MF adder was a deal breaker, but given the cap cost I decided it was a fair trade off. Frustrating either way.

Also, this was a custom order placed in Nov that was supposed to deliver in Dec. Took delivery last week and realized the Jan lease rates.

Michaell said:

6.5% Tax

Being in South Florida, this was the best I could come up with. All the dealers within 3hrs drive would't come off >5% from MSRP. The MF adder was a deal breaker, but given the cap cost I decided it was a fair trade off. Frustrating either way.

Also, this was a custom order placed in Nov that was supposed to deliver in Dec. Took delivery last week and realized the Jan lease rates.
    At the end of the day, you'll get way more pleasure from driving your new car for the next 3 years than any frustration you feel currently from the deal itself.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

True that in Texas you have to pay for the ENTIRE sales tax up front when leasing?

6.25% x Agreed Sales Price?

Is your monthly payments not taxed then?

Thx!
    To dcjennings,
    I know your frustration as I live in South Florida. You have basically 3 dealerships around; autonations, new country, and ft pierece (coggin auto group). They will all try to increase money factor and at least 2 of the above also add about $300 to bank fee. There is also the dealer fee which one cannot get around. Enjoy your vehicle, that's what its all about.
    etihad77w said:

True that in Texas you have to pay for the ENTIRE sales tax up front when leasing?

6.25% x Agreed Sales Price?

Is your monthly payments not taxed then?

Thx!

Yes.. the full selling price.

You either pay the tax upfront, or roll that amount into the CAP cost (either way, it gets paid upfront).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

mlevine said:

To dcjennings,
    I know your frustration as I live in South Florida. You have basically 3 dealerships around; autonations, new country, and ft pierece (coggin auto group). They will all try to increase money factor and at least 2 of the above also add about $300 to bank fee. There is also the dealer fee which one cannot get around. Enjoy your vehicle, that's what its all about.

Exactly. Coggin wouldn't deal at all and MB Coral Gables is an MSRP factory. Went with AutoNation.

While not the most expensive dealer fee i've paid, at $699, it wasn't the cheapest. I think they marked up the bank fee as well.

Enjoying it and moving on.
    To dcjennings,
    They all mark up bank fee by $300 and will also try to mark up money factor. I thought coral gables is part of autonations. The thing about autonations is if one location does not have what you want, they sometimes can get it from another location. You will always find someone on this post that may seem to get a better deal, but a lot has to do with what region they are in and also there relationship with the dealer. My cousin has a MB dealership in California he has been dealing with for over 10 years. They always go out of there way to take care of him. He only deals with the manager, except when its time to sign paper work and give the payment.
  • ljtoribio1ljtoribio1 Member Posts: 8
    I was told by Dealer that they can't lock in rates for a special order car ? Is this true ?

I was told by Dealer that they can't lock in rates for a special order car ? Is this true ?

Every manufacturer does it differently. Usually, you can either choose the lease program in effect when you order the car or the lease program in effect when you sign the paperwork once the car is delivered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• njdriver1njdriver1 Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2016
    Looking for current MF and Residuals for 36/10 or 36/12 on the GLE 300D, 350 and 400 (all AWD). Coming off my 2013 ML350 diesel with only 20,000 miles on it...maybe I should buy it out ($43,700)? It was a great car, and maybe a better engine than the new diesel.
    Thanks
    njdriver1 said:

Looking for current MF and Residuals for 36/10 or 36/12 on the GLE 300D, 350 and 400 (all AWD). Coming off my 2013 ML350 diesel with only 20,000 miles on it...maybe I should buy it out ($43,700)? It was a great car, and maybe a better engine than the new diesel.
    Thanks

350: .00104 MF and 57% residual for 36/10

300D: Standard MF and 61% residual for 36/10

400: Standard MF and 57% residual for 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• danc4danc4 Member Posts: 3
    GLE450C4 36/10? Can residuals change for "special" offers in the program? I saw December "standard" residual / 36 @ 55% but some featured offers had it @ 58%? Do you have a "suggested dealer contribution"?
    danc4 said:

GLE450C4 36/10? Can residuals change for "special" offers in the program? I saw December "standard" residual / 36 @ 55% but some featured offers had it @ 58%? Do you have a "suggested dealer contribution"?

.00163 MF and 58% residual

The "standard" residual is for 15K/yr. Residuals don't change for special offers, but they will change for different mileage allowance.

On the advertised deals, the suggested dealer contribution on this model is just $1820.

Be aware.. none of those are actual offers. Just advertisements.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beers13jrbeers13jr Member Posts: 6

6.5% Tax

What dealer in S FLA? I'm having a hard time in Orlando area getting below 6% discount. Got one dealer to 9% but they jacked up the lease fee.
    Any insight into when/if Mercedes will issue a promo MF for the 300d? Seems like its locked at std MF.
    To beers13jr,
    Try MB of Melbourne which is not far from you. There is also MB of Fort Pierce ask for Dan S( has a strange last name) who is sales or Todd Seth who is manager. I have spoken to Curt Curtis of MB of Gainesville, but did not have what I was looking for.
    beers13jr said:

Any insight into when/if Mercedes will issue a promo MF for the 300d? Seems like its locked at std MF.

I've never seen a promotional MF for any of the diesel models from MB. Low volume and better than average demand means that MB doesn't have to reduce the MF to lease them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

To beers13jr,
    With low diesel inventory, higher money factor than gas version, and low cost of gas, I do not believe diesel model is worth it. If you get one, I would get maintenance package with your lease. I also would be careful where you fuel for diesel, especially if you travel out of state.

• danc4danc4 Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:
    .00163 MF and 58% residual The "standard" residual is for 15K/yr. Residuals don't change for special offers, but they will change for different mileage allowance. On the advertised deals, the suggested dealer contribution on this model is just $1820. Be aware.. none of those are actual offers. Just advertisements.
    Thanks for your reply. I know it's a YMMW question but do you think a dealer is receptive to combine offers or are these mutually exclusive? I was offered $3,500 off MSRP but I'd like to sweeten this with fleet discount (-$1,000), 6 x MSDs and sign up for auto-pay to get MF to 0.00111 (2.66%). That would bring a GLE450C4 to $830/month before taxes with $0 down.
    danc4 said:

kyfdx said:

danc4 said:

.00163 MF and 58% residual

The "standard" residual is for 15K/yr. Residuals don't change for special offers, but they will change for different mileage allowance.

On the advertised deals, the suggested dealer contribution on this model is just $1820.

Be aware.. none of those are actual offers. Just advertisements.

Thanks for your reply. I know it's a YMMW question but do you think a dealer is receptive to combine offers or are these mutually exclusive? I was offered $3,500 off MSRP but I'd like to sweeten this with fleet discount (-$1,000), 6 x MSDs and sign up for auto-pay to get MF to 0.00111 (2.66%). That would bring a GLE450C4 to $830/month before taxes with $0 down.

If the fleet discount is an incentive from Mercedes, I don't see why not.

Sometimes, Mercedes won't allow an MSD reduction, except off the higher "standard" MF, but that seems to be hit or miss.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

All - Thank you for you past input. Here is the most recent deal I've been able to negotiate for a GLE 350. Thoughts?

58,880 - MSRP
    (6,082) - 10.33% Discount
    + 2,360 - Capitalized fees (1095 acquisition fee + 700 doc fee + 565 tag/title/etc.)
    + 50 - Capped Taxes (no idea what this is.
    =55,208 - Total Capitalized Cost

.00114 MF (Promo + .0001 negotiated down from promo + .0005)
    54% RV
    6.5% tax
    36/15K

First month only due at signing. Payment of ~$798/month. Seems like the capitalized fees are twice as much as they should be. I'll save a bit on the tag/title since I'm transferring. Aside from the fees, I thought the 10.33% discount was fair. MF markup is annoying but only $10 a month impact.
    beers13jr said:

All - Thank you for you past input. Here is the most recent deal I've been able to negotiate for a GLE 350. Thoughts?

58,880 - MSRP
    (6,082) - 10.33% Discount
    + 2,360 - Capitalized fees (1095 acquisition fee + 700 doc fee + 565 tag/title/etc.)
    + 50 - Capped Taxes (no idea what this is.
    =55,208 - Total Capitalized Cost

.00114 MF (Promo + .0001 negotiated down from promo + .0005)
    54% RV
    6.5% tax
    36/15K

First month only due at signing. Payment of ~$798/month. Seems like the capitalized fees are twice as much as they should be. I'll save a bit on the tag/title since I'm transferring. Aside from the fees, I thought the 10.33% discount was fair. MF markup is annoying but only $10 a month impact.

With the $700 doc fee and the acq.fee marked up from the $795 base, that's $1000 of extra fees.
    Another $360 from the marked up money factor. If you subtract $1360 from the discount, then you are at 8% off MSRP, which is still pretty good.

Not sure why you have capped taxes, if you are rolling everything into the payment, unless there is a rebate of some sort that's being taxed.

The calculations are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

To beers13jr,
    The acquisition fee I have found is usually increased at most MB dealers by $300. Where I live the dealer fee of $699 is your doc fee of $700. Look into auto pay which will decrease money factor by 0.0001. Do you qualify for fleet cash as this has helped me in the past.
    mlevine said:

To beers13jr,
    The acquisition fee I have found is usually increased at most MB dealers by $300. Where I live the dealer fee of $699 is your doc fee of $700. Look into auto pay which will decrease money factor by 0.0001. Do you qualify for fleet cash as this has helped me in the past.

Thanks mlevine.

The discount includes the my fleet cash of 2K. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of giving my work email as my contact information when I started negotiations. The dealer recognized the company and knew we had a fleet program. I would have preferred to negotiate the lowest price first then drop the fleet cash on them.
    To beers13jr,
    I had a dealer do that to me. I was negotiating the cap cost. Once he gave me the number, I told him we can lower that with fleet cash. He was off the following day, but the next day changed the deal and said he already included fleet cash. This dealership already had sold me 6 prior vehicles. I contacted another dealership and was able to work out a much better deal for a more expensive vehicle. I know what you are going through.
  • mwils12mwils12 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

MSRP $55,995
    Cap cost $50,879
    MF is 0.00154
    residual of 58% for 36mo lease term with 7.5k miles per year allowance.

Based on those figures above,
    - $0 down, first month payment due at signing, your payment will be $774.64 per month.
    - $2,000 due at signing, your payment will be $737.62 per month.
    - $5,000 due at signing, your payment will be $647.01 per month.

All the money due at signing and payments mentioned above include TTL and all other fees.

Any recs on how to get the price down more? I was thinking about asking for the 5k down monthly payment but not putting anything down.
    mwils12 said:

Is this a good deal?

MSRP $55,995
    Cap cost $50,879
    MF is 0.00154
    residual of 58% for 36mo lease term with 7.5k miles per year allowance.

Based on those figures above,
    - $0 down, first month payment due at signing, your payment will be $774.64 per month.
    - $2,000 due at signing, your payment will be $737.62 per month.
    - $5,000 due at signing, your payment will be $647.01 per month.

All the money due at signing and payments mentioned above include TTL and all other fees.

Any recs on how to get the price down more? I was thinking about asking for the 5k down monthly payment but not putting anything down.

Base MF is .00104.

Using your MSRP and cap cost, I get a payment of $598/mo + tax. MF mark up is adding over $40/mo to the payment.

I'd ask what the net cap cost is, if they are rolling all the taxes and fees into the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lsbmw47lsbmw47 Member Posts: 21
    Hi, what is the residual and money factor on a 2016 GLE Coupe for 36 months 10k and 12k miles?

Thanks.
    lsbmw47 said:

Hi, what is the residual and money factor on a 2016 GLE Coupe for 36 months 10k and 12k miles?

Thanks.

.00163 and 57% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you. 
    Is it the same for a GLE 350?
    lsbmw47 said:
    Is it the same for a GLE 350?
    .00104 and 56% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bananaerobananaero Member Posts: 123
    Hello,

What's the February residual and mf for 2016 GLE 350 and 4Matic? 36/15k?

Thank you,

BAN
    What about the February residual and money factor for the gle coupe 450? 36/10 Thanks .
    bananaero said:

Hello,

What's the February residual and mf for 2016 GLE 350 and 4Matic? 36/15k?

Thank you,

BAN

The MB numbers are good through today ... new numbers should be available this week.

.00104 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

lsbmw47 said:

What about the February residual and money factor for the gle coupe 450? 36/10 Thanks .

The current MB numbers are valid through today .. new numbers should be released later this week.

58% and .00163

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lambjere1lambjere1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi - I have a GLE 300d on order with a dealership. They have been running some lease figures for me, which seemed high and it turns out they are using a MF of .0026. I realize this vehicle is at the standard MF, but how off market is .0026?

Thanks for any input.