Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 X5 sDrive35i

texasbmwpleasetexasbmwplease Member Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in BMW
The dealers initial quote is as follows: MSRP: 64,120 Selling Price: 61,750 Downpayment: $5,000 Residual: 58% Rate: 4.25% (presumably a MF of .00177?) TX Tax: 6.46% (includes .21% vehicle inventory tax) 36 months/12k miles $841.36 What do you think of this offer? MF seems high to me and possible room to reduce selling price a bit more?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

The dealers initial quote is as follows:

MSRP: 64,120
    Selling Price: 61,750
    Downpayment: $5,000
    Residual: 58%
    Rate: 4.25% (presumably a MF of .00177?)
    TX Tax: 6.46% (includes .21% vehicle inventory tax)
    36 months/12k miles

$841.36

What do you think of this offer?

MF seems high to me and possible room to reduce selling price a bit more?

That's not much of a discount, considering the $1500 manufacturer incentive on this vehicle.

Base MF is .00132, so they are probably marking it up the maximum to .00172.

Lease taxes in Texas are on the full selling price, so that's going to hurt, no matter what. But, I'd shop around for a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The revised offer is a selling price of $60,272 (6% off MSRP), with a rate of 3.75% (close to .00156 MF). Everything else remaining the same, for a total monthly payment of $757. Does this seem to be more market? Thanks for your assistance.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

The revised offer is a selling price of $60,272 (6% off MSRP), with a rate of 3.75% (close to .00156 MF). Everything else remaining the same, for a total monthly payment of $757.

Does this seem to be more market?

Thanks for your assistance.

The base MF is .00132, so that is still marked up on you. Might want to reach out to another BMW dealer and get them to negotiate against one another for your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

The revised offer is a selling price of $60,272 (6% off MSRP), with a rate of 3.75% (close to .00156 MF). Everything else remaining the same, for a total monthly payment of $757.

Does this seem to be more market?

Thanks for your assistance.

Are you doing a balloon program, like Owner's Choice? I wonder, because they keep quoting APRs, instead of money factors.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yes, I have confirmed its OC. What are the implications with that versus a standard lease?
  • Options

Yes, I have confirmed its OC. What are the implications with that versus a standard lease?

You see OC a lot in states that tax the full selling price of the vehicle. I believe it titles the car in your name, rather than the leasing bank, to preserve a trade-in credit, when the term is up.

We don't see it a lot, but I can tell you that the base APR for OC is 3.25%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator