Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 VW Touareg Lease Questions

kenger1kenger1 Member Posts: 22
edited October 2015 in Volkswagen
Wondering what the residual / money factor for a new lease on a 2016 TDI. Plan to purchase in the next week.

Thanks!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,085
    kenger1 said:

Wondering what the residual / money factor for a new lease on a 2016 TDI. Plan to purchase in the next week.

Thanks!!

.00001 MF and 48% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $4000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kenger1kenger1 Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2015
    What would residual be for 36mo/12k miles?

Could you throw in the numbers for V6 Lux @ 36mo/12k miles as well.
    kenger1 said:

What would residual be for 36mo/12k miles?

Could you throw in the numbers for V6 Lux @ 36mo/12k miles as well.

Add 2% to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr.

.00001 MF and 46% residual for 36/12. $5000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• geo1688geo1688 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I was wondering what the Nov. residual and money factor are for a 2016 v6 Lux at 10k miles a year?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    geo1688 said:

Hi, I was wondering what the Nov. residual and money factor are for a 2016 v6 Lux at 10k miles a year?

.00040 and 46% for 36/10. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tfabriziotfabrizio Member Posts: 12
    Looking for a money factor and residual on a v6 lux, 15k/36 months. Thanks again!
    tfabrizio said:

Looking for a money factor and residual on a v6 lux, 15k/36 months. Thanks again!

.00040 and 43%. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• firesquall001firesquall001 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Am looking for a lease w/Tech and driver assistance, gas, 10K/36 months. Thank you, Michaell for quick headsup!

Am looking for a lease w/Tech and driver assistance, 10K/36 months. Thank you!

Gas or TDI?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• firesquall001firesquall001 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    Gas, Thanks Michaell

Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    Gas, Thanks Michaell
    .00040 and 46%. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    I thought there was a stop sell on the TDI right now?
    edited November 2015
    jpp5862 said:
    Gas or TDI?
     I guess we'll know next month when the lease numbers come out.  The November lease numbers are empty for the 2.0 L TDI 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    Michaell said:

jpp5862 said:

Gas or TDI?

I guess we'll know next month when the lease numbers come out.  The November lease numbers are empty for the 2.0 L TDI 

Makes sense, I know all the dealers I've looked at have taken the TDIs off their website and one semi-local dealer has all the TDI models (2.0 and 3.0) parked in an empty lot behind the dealership just sitting there.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2015
    Nevermind. Wife doesn't like the Touareg and I couldn't delete the comment. :-)
    talon4x4 said:

Nevermind. Wife doesn't like the Touareg and I couldn't delete the comment. :-)

LOL... okay.

My wife really wants a Macan. Here is hoping your wife doesn't feel the same way!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• parris69parris69 Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2015
    Can we get the December numbers for V6 LUX 3 yrs 10k / yr lease?

thanks!
    parris69 said:

thanks!

.00040 and 49%. $4750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

so $618 / mo for 36months, 0 down, 10k / yr miles on a V6 Lux doesn't seem to be a good deal, right? Colorado...

parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

thanks!

Thanks Michaell!

so $618 / mo for 36months, 0 down, 10k / yr miles on a V6 Lux doesn't seem to be a good deal, right? Colorado...

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote.

Which dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote. Which dealer?
    $46,610 + Tax (6.825), MSRP $55,180
    deqler is called Emich Volkswagen

thank you!
    parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

thanks!

Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote.

Which dealer?

thank you!

I get $612/mo with those numbers. Only way to improve on the quote is to get a lower selling price.

Have you reached out to other VW dealers in Denver? McDonald, perhaps? Get the dealers to compete against each other to earn your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote. Which dealer?

thank you!
    I get $612/mo with those numbers. Only way to improve on the quote is to get a lower selling price. Have you reached out to other VW dealers in Denver? McDonald, perhaps? Get the dealers to compete against each other to earn your business.
    Will reach out to McDonald today!
    thank you so much for your help!

The other dealer offered $599/mo first months payment on them... 

I'm just a bit concerned about a new Touareg model coming out soon with (probably) better technology and stuff...?
    parris69 said:

The other dealer offered $599/mo first months payment on them... 

I'm just a bit concerned about a new Touareg model coming out soon with (probably) better technology and stuff...?

But the lease numbers won't be as good ....

Word of advice ... don't negotiate the payment, negotiate the selling price just as if you were buying. Then, make sure the MF isn't marked up and extra fees aren't slipped in. That will get you the best lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• morekolmorekol Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2015
    Can I have the MF and Residual numbers for 2016 Lux Gas version for 3 years 12k/year please? The numbers I see are for 10K I think.
    Also, can you itemize this $4750 lease cash, all I see on VW's web site is $1k loyalty (which does not apply to me) or $1.5k competitor discount.
    Final question, what do you think about the car itself, I see dealers only carry between 1 to 3 of these, makes me wonder what is the reason for that, people don't like it, recent issues VW had, ... ?
    ps, I am looking in to Los Angeles are dealers.
    Thanks,
    morekol said:

Can I have the MF and Residual numbers for 2016 Lux Gas version for 3 years 12k/year please? The numbers I see are for 10K I think.
    Also, can you itemize this $4750 lease cash, all I see on VW's web site is $1k loyalty (which does not apply to me) or $1.5k competitor discount.
    Final question, what do you think about the car itself, I see dealers only carry between 1 to 3 of these, makes me wonder what is the reason for that, people don't like it, recent issues VW had, ... ?
    ps, I am looking in to Los Angeles are dealers.
    Thanks,

.00040 and 48% for 36/12.

The $4750 lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; use that knowledge to negotiate your best deal.

These are kind of pricey compared to the competition (Pilot, Highlander, QX60), hence the big incentives. Guess you'd have to test drive one to see if it's your cup of tea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• morekolmorekol Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for your response. So that 4750 to dealer cash incentive is in addition to the 1500 lease rebate they have. TrueCar.com shows a minimum price of around 49.5k for a 55.5k config, I wonder if that includes this 4750 or not!
    We were thinking of getting a Mercedes GLC but finding one with the packages we wanted is so difficult as the car is very new. You are right, we'll test drive the car to see if that is something my wife would even like. At least the car does look good (I think).
    Thanks.
  • kenger1kenger1 Member Posts: 22
    We test drove the 2016 TDI version before they were pulled. It is practically the same as a Porsche minus the price tag. The engine is slightly smaller as well so the get up and go wont compare, but the body and ride is the same. I absolutely love the vehicle. I wish it wasn't quite as expensive. If it was 5 - 8k cheaper we would own one, but the price tag Volkswagen has on it is kind of silly. Good luck!
    Ended up buying a 2016 LUX V6. 10k miles / yr, 36months. Sign and drive event so 0 down, first month payment on VW, $599/mo out the door. The adaptive cruise is a lot of fun, car rides great, seats are comfortable... 

They are pricy compared to other German brands but honestly, I couldn't get any other German SUV's price even close to this with similar equipment.

Also, a similarily equipped Touareg in Central Europe runs close to $82k USD. Not to mention they're built just a few hundred miles from there.

Happy New Year!
    parris69 said:

Ended up buying a 2016 LUX V6. 10k miles / yr, 36months. Sign and drive event so 0 down, first month payment on VW, $599/mo out the door. The adaptive cruise is a lot of fun, car rides great, seats are comfortable... 

They are pricy compared to other German brands but honestly, I couldn't get any other German SUV's price even close to this with similar equipment.

Also, a similarily equipped Touareg in Central Europe runs close to $82k USD. Not to mention they're built just a few hundred miles from there.

Happy New Year!

Congrats, and enjoy your new Touareg!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cbarba80cbarba80 Member Posts: 44
    Hi I'm in Los Angeles and I'm looking for 36/12 lease numbers (mf and residual). Also with the sign and drive event do you not pay doc fee, ttl, etc? Or it it usually rolled into the lease? Also how does the lease cash work is it just like incentives to drive MSRP down?
    cbarba80 said:

Hi I'm in Los Angeles and I'm looking for 36/12 lease numbers (mf and residual). Also with the sign and drive event do you not pay doc fee, ttl, etc? Or it it usually rolled into the lease? Also how does the lease cash work is it just like incentives to drive MSRP down?

.00060 MF and 47% residual. $6500 lease cash

No, you still have to pay all the ancillary fees. You don't want to roll government fees into the lease, because then they will be taxed.

The lease cash is a dealer incentive. Use your knowledge of that, to negotiate a lower price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mar_barmar_bar Member Posts: 13
    Hello - I'm in San Diego and looking for lease numbers for a 2016 sport w/ tech for 36/10.
    I wanted to add the lease terms worked out so far: MSRP is $51.3K. I have the dealer down to roughly $40K (with their own 3.5K off MSRP, the 6.5K lease incentive, the 1.5K new owner incentive, and my job's program with VW for $500 below invoice). MF of .0006. Just need to confirm residual.

It's the end of the month and dealer want to move the car, so are asking me to make an offer. Hoping to keep my payments in the $400-$450 range, if possible.

Which leads me to my second question: is that possible??
    mar_bar said:

Hello - I'm in San Diego and looking for lease numbers for a 2016 sport w/ tech for 36/10.

mar_bar said:

I wanted to add the lease terms worked out so far: MSRP is $51.3K. I have the dealer down to roughly $40K (with their own 3.5K off MSRP, the 6.5K lease incentive, the 1.5K new owner incentive, and my job's program with VW for $500 below invoice). MF of .0006. Just need to confirm residual.

It's the end of the month and dealer want to move the car, so are asking me to make an offer. Hoping to keep my payments in the $400-$450 range, if possible.

36/10 on all V6 Touaregs are .00060 and 48%. $6500 lease cash.

If the selling price is the net cap cost, then I get a payment of $466/mo + tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

mar_bar said:

mar_bar said:

36/10 on all V6 Touaregs are .00060 and 48%. $6500 lease cash.

If the selling price is the net cap cost, then I get a payment of $466/mo + tax.
    Thanks!
  • afsarlodmdafsarlodmd Member Posts: 3
    Hello I am in New York city area and looking at a Toureg lux with drivers assist. 36/ 12k. MSRP is 55500. Initial discussion involved 3075 Costco reduction plus 1500 new customer incentive. No mention of this 6500 lease cash was made. they gave me numbers of 688 /month. When I recalculate using the 6500 leash cash, and no oop cap cost reduction, I get 44425 net cost, 26085 residual, iget 551 /month, plus sales tax of 48 /month, to a total of 599/month. 047 % residual and .0006 mf. Does this seem correct and /or possible? I appreciate your looking at this . Thanks.

Hello I am in New York city area and looking at a Toureg lux with drivers assist. 36/ 12k. MSRP is 55500. Initial discussion involved 3075 Costco reduction plus 1500 new customer incentive. No mention of this 6500 lease cash was made. they gave me numbers of 688 /month. When I recalculate using the 6500 leash cash, and no oop cap cost reduction, I get 44425 net cost, 26085 residual, iget 551 /month, plus sales tax of 48 /month, to a total of 599/month. 047 % residual and .0006 mf. Does this seem correct and /or possible? I appreciate your looking at this . Thanks.

.00060 MF and 47% residual. $6500 lease cash.

The lease cash is a dealer incentive, so they aren't likely to disclose it.

I agree with your calculations.

The nationally advertised lease assumes a $1300 dealer discount, in addition to the $6500 lease cash. So, getting the $6500 off, in addition to a $3075 discount might be a stretch.

If you assume the numbers from the advertised lease, and add in the $625 acquisition fee, you are looking at a CAP cost of $46,825 and a payment of $620/mo.+tax.. That's getting a lot closer to the $688/mo. they quoted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for your response on previous post. very helpful. I received a new offer for a 36 /12k lux w/ drivers assist 1874 oop incl acq fee first month MV fees(465?) etc. and 640/month. this seems as low as can be to me. what do you think?

Thank you for your response on previous post. very helpful. I received a new offer for a 36 /12k lux w/ drivers assist 1874 oop incl acq fee first month MV fees(465?) etc. and 640/month. this seems as low as can be to me. what do you think?

You have a good knowledge of the numbers. That's a decision you'll have to make.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

okay . thanks kyfdx! these forums are a real asset in this process...!
  • barnwahbarnwah Member Posts: 8
    Looking for info on 3 year/36k mile lease. Do you have any #'s for Feb? MF, Residual, Lease $$, etc?
    Thanks
    barnwah said:

Looking for info on 3 year/36k mile lease. Do you have any #'s for Feb? MF, Residual, Lease $$, etc?
    Thanks

.00060 MF and 47% residual. $6500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• plinaplina Member Posts: 61
    Does the lease can apply to sales also? I need to decide which way I should go?
    plina said:

Does the lease can apply to sales also? I need to decide which way I should go?

No.. finance bonus is only $1500

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2016
    What are the MF and Residual for March? Is the $6500 dealer cash still available?
    plina said:

What are the MF and Residual for March? Is the $6500 dealer cash still available?

.00060 MF and 44% residual for 36 mo, 15K/yr. $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you please give me the residual for 36/36000 Thanks
    plina said:

Can you please give me the residual for 36/36000 Thanks

.00060 and 46%. $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator