Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Audi SQ5 Lease Questions

rms1670rms1670 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Audi
I leased a 2016 sq5 today.
Lease 36/12K
Payments are $722.41
No money out of pocket - they used the $1,250 incentives from Audi
Sticker on car was $64,450 - purchase price was $56,732.74
Adjusted Cap cost was $57,624.44
The residual value is $38,451 - this seems realty high???
Depreciate was $19,173.44

Did I get a good deal??

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    rms1670 said:

I leased a 2016 sq5 today.
    Lease 36/12K
    Payments are $722.41
    No money out of pocket - they used the $1,250 incentives from Audi
    Sticker on car was $64,450 - purchase price was $56,732.74
    Adjusted Cap cost was $57,624.44
    The residual value is $38,451 - this seems realty high???
    Depreciate was $19,173.44

Did I get a good deal??

If it's the Premium Plus trim, the residual is 60%, which is pretty good.

With your numbers, I get $675/mo.+tax., which seems pretty close.

Looks like you did well on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• champs9900champs9900 Member Posts: 34
    rms1670 said:
    I leased a 2016 sq5 today. Lease 36/12K Payments are $722.41 No money out of pocket - they used the $1,250 incentives from Audi Sticker on car was $64,450 - purchase price was $56,732.74 Adjusted Cap cost was $57,624.44 The residual value is $38,451 - this seems realty high??? Depreciate was $19,173.44 Did I get a good deal??
    Where was this?
  • rms1670rms1670 Member Posts: 2
    Willow Grove, Pa
  • bananaerobananaero Member Posts: 123
    What's the residual and mf for 2016 SQ5? 10k miles 36 months? Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    bananaero said:

What's the residual and mf for 2016 SQ5? 10k miles 36 months? Thanks!

.00138 and 60% (Prem Plus) or 57% (Prestige)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• 4sallypat4sallypat Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2015
    HI, I have a lease offer from a CA dealer for an SQ5 Premium plus.

MSRP = $62,680
    Adj Cap Cost = $56,000

Residual = $37,608

$1500 drive off including first month.
    I assume: MF =.00138 and RV = 60%
    9% tax

Dealer quoted monthly $725 including 9% monthly tax.

Is this a good deal ?
    Or can I get more off ??

4sallypat said:

HI, I have a lease offer from a CA dealer for an SQ5 Premium plus.

MSRP = $62,680
    Adj Cap Cost = $56,000

Residual = $37,608

$1500 drive off including first month.
    I assume: MF =.00138 and RV = 60%
    9% tax

Dealer quoted monthly $725 including 9% monthly tax.

Is this a good deal ?
    Or can I get more off ??

With those numbers, I get $698/mo with 9% tax added in.

I would find out if the "adj cap cost" you quote is the same as what the dealer is using in their calculations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• pfgray2008pfgray2008 Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2015
    I'm wondering if someone could help I'm about to purchase brand new SQ5 on Monday but I'm debating leasing for the first time on short notice. I'm rushing to educate myself quickly as possible so I don’t end up being fleeced at the stealership. The initial offer is listed below but I have no idea if this good price or not but my gut tells me it’s too high. There is however a wrinkly the sales agent isn’t positive that they can lease me the vehicle since I’m buying it out of State in California and registering it in Seattle. Has anyone run into this issue before I have hard time thinking this would kill a sale? That aside to lease 2016 SQ5 I told it would cost me $834 a month does that sound right? Can anyone evaluate this offer for me and give me some advice? I would certainly like to know what the current money factor is generally and what the Residual % has been set to.

MSRP $62000
    Sales Price $57400
    Term 36 month 10,000 mile cap
    Residual 60%
    Money factor .00188
    Sales Tax for Palo Alto 8.75%
    0 down but I’m not sure on fees? I think he said $1000.00

I'm wondering if someone could help I'm about to purchase brand new SQ5 on Monday but I'm debating leasing for the first time on short notice. I'm rushing to educate myself quickly as possible so I don’t end up being fleeced at the stealership. The initial offer is listed below but I have no idea if this good price or not but my gut tells me it’s too high. There is however a wrinkly the sales agent isn’t positive that they can lease me the vehicle since I’m buying it out of State in California and registering it in Seattle. Has anyone run into this issue before I have hard time thinking this would kill a sale? That aside to lease 2016 SQ5 I told it would cost me $834 a month does that sound right? Can anyone evaluate this offer for me and give me some advice? I would certainly like to know what the current money factor is generally and what the Residual % has been set to.

MSRP $62000
    Sales Price $57400
    Term 36 month 10,000 mile cap
    Residual 60%
    Money factor .00188
    Sales Tax for Palo Alto 8.75%
    0 down but I’m not sure on fees? I think he said $1000.00

MF is marked up from the base of .00138.

Not 100% certain how the taxes would be applied given the cross border nature of the transaction. I'd check the Washington State Department of Revenue web site for guidance.

SQ5 is not cheap to lease under any circumstance. Using your numbers as is, but with the base MF, I get $692/mo + tax (whatever that is).

Why travel so far? Local dealers not wanting to make a deal, or don't have the color / options you want?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pfgray2008pfgray2008 Member Posts: 24
    Your are correct the 3 to 4 dealers in Seattle area are complete joke and wasted my time. I found them to be the least knowledgeable car salesman I ever encountered and they simply couldn't or wouldn't match the negotiated sales price which was only 7% off MSRP.
  • stuartshustuartshu Member Posts: 18
    What is the December residual and MF for 36/10 lease for a 2016 SQ5?
    Thx

Did audi announce any other incentives this mth?
    stuartshu said:

What is the December residual and MF for 36/10 lease for a 2016 SQ5?
    Thx

Did audi announce any other incentives this mth?

Current Audi numbers are valid until 1/4/16 ...

.00138 and 60% for SQ5 Premium Plus 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello. What are the JANUARY residual and MF for 36/10 lease for and 2016 SQ5?
    stuartshu said:

January numbers will be available later this week. Current numbers are valid through today, 1/4/16.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you please forward on January numbers when they are available?
    stuartshu said:

.00138 MF and 60% residual for Premium Plus, 57% for Prestige.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So, Audi's January program is the same as November and December?

stuartshu said:

So, Audi's January program is the same as November and December?

If you say so .. we only focus on the current month numbers and don't compare them to previous months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikercdmikercd Member Posts: 15
    Can you please provide residual and money factor for 2015 SQ5, for 15000 miles/year, and any incentives available.

thanks
    mikercd said:

Can you please provide residual and money factor for 2015 SQ5, for 15000 miles/year, and any incentives available.

thanks

2015? .00156 MF but I don't show any residual values.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• flnsxflnsx Member Posts: 13
    Hi guys! Could you please let me know the numbers for Feb on the SQ5 Premium Plus. Thanks!
    flnsx said:

Hi guys! Could you please let me know the numbers for Feb on the SQ5 Premium Plus. Thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• flnsxflnsx Member Posts: 13
    Michaell said:

flnsx said:

I'm sorry. I should have included all that information.

2016 SQ5 Premium Plus. 12k Miles a year 36 months.
    flnsx said:

Michaell said:

flnsx said:

I'm sorry. I should have included all that information.

2016 SQ5 Premium Plus. 12k Miles a year 36 months.
    .00138 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gtron8gtron8 Member Posts: 3
    Hi :)

'16 Premium Plus/7,500/36 please.

Thanks!
    gtron8 said:

Hi :)

'16 Premium Plus/7,500/36 please.

Thanks!

.00138 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ayotte1971ayotte1971 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for current residual/MF numbers for a 2016 Premium Plus for 36mo/15k . I emailed the same question to my local dealer and haven't heard back.

Many thanks.

I'm looking for current residual/MF numbers for a 2016 Premium Plus for 36mo/15k . I emailed the same question to my local dealer and haven't heard back.

Many thanks.

.00138 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

.00138 and 57%

How much would these numbers change for a 42/15 lease?

.00138 and 57%

How much would these numbers change for a 42/15 lease?

.00158 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I have decided on the 2016 Premium Plus for 42/15. The salesman is offering the Audi Plus package. Does this affect the residual? It seems I remember one dealer stating that the residual would go up one percentage point with Audi Plus.

Thanks for all you guys do.
    edited February 2016
    I have decided on the 2016 Premium Plus for 42/15. The salesman is offering the Audi Plus package. Does this affect the residual? It seems I remember one dealer stating that the residual would go up one percentage point with Audi Plus. Thanks for all you guys do.
     Yes, it adds 1% to the residual value 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ctsoxfan2ctsoxfan2 Member Posts: 38
    Hi can you provide the residual and MF on a SQ5 Premium plus 36/10 and 36/7.5? Also, I assume Audi Care still adds 1%, is this correct?
    ctsoxfan2 said:

Hi can you provide the residual and MF on a SQ5 Premium plus 36/10 and 36/7.5? Also, I assume Audi Care still adds 1%, is this correct?

.00138 MF and 60%/61% residual.

Yes, +1% for AudiCare

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2016
    Just closed on a deal for a new SQ5 PP. MSRP of 61500, invoice of 57268 got it for 56250 after rebates. Base MF of .00138 and paid 849 for Audi care (I think that might have been a little marked up). I probably could've squeezed for more, but from past experience getting an invoice deal on an Audi (before incentive) was a pretty good target. Not having to waste a ton of shopping around time or dealing with the BS back and forth game (one visit to dealer for test drive, negotiation via 2 emails). Of course if I left a couple thousand on the table I might not be so happy
    ctsoxfan2 said:

Just closed on a deal for a new SQ5 PP. MSRP of 61500, invoice of 57268 got it for 56250 after rebates. Base MF of .00138 and paid 849 for Audi care (I think that might have been a little marked up). I probably could've squeezed for more, but from past experience getting an invoice deal on an Audi (before incentive) was a pretty good target. Not having to waste a ton of shopping around time or dealing with the BS back and forth game (one visit to dealer for test drive, negotiation via 2 emails). Of course if I left a couple thousand on the table I might not be so happy

What was your final payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2016
    Michaell said:

ctsoxfan2 said:

$711+tax for total of $767. I double checked the lease math using a calculator and come out with the same number. Also, I used the 1250 rebate to lower drive-offs rather than cap cost.
    ctsoxfan2 said:

Michaell said:

ctsoxfan2 said:

$711+tax for total of $767. I double checked the lease math using a calculator and come out with the same number. Also, I used the 1250 rebate to lower drive-offs rather than cap cost.
    Excellent deal. Congrats and enjoy the new Audi!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ctsoxfan2 said:

Michaell said:

ctsoxfan2 said:

$849 is the list price for AudiCare. It's rarely discounted, as it raises the residual by 1%.

Congrats on the new Audi!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So a funny story for you guys...I picked up the car last night, and the Finance Manager and I got to talking about the lease terms and she was surprised I knew all about residuals, the impact of Audi care, etc (mind you this is my 5th Audi lease). Then she was like how did you find out the money factor. I said I researched it and she was like...those aren't public, you must know someone on the inside blah blah...she was pissed that I knew all this and couldn't play any games lol
    ctsoxfan2 said:

So a funny story for you guys...I picked up the car last night, and the Finance Manager and I got to talking about the lease terms and she was surprised I knew all about residuals, the impact of Audi care, etc (mind you this is my 5th Audi lease). Then she was like how did you find out the money factor. I said I researched it and she was like...those aren't public, you must know someone on the inside blah blah...she was pissed that I knew all this and couldn't play any games lol

Yeah, we aren't terribly popular with salesfolks or finance managers with the information we provide.

Glad that you kept your sources secret!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shotzy4shotzy4 Member Posts: 20
    Can I get the MF and residual for a 2016 premium plus for 36/12

Thanks
    shotzy4 said:

Can I get the MF and residual for a 2016 premium plus for 36/12

Thanks

.00120 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tsunami4tsunami4 Member Posts: 8
    Can I get the MF and residual for 36/10 on a premium plus? Also-- how do you recommend working with a dealer that quotes a MF much higher than these numbers?
    tsunami4 said:

Can I get the MF and residual for 36/10 on a premium plus? Also-- how do you recommend working with a dealer that quotes a MF much higher than these numbers?

.00120 and 59%

You politely but firmly tell them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF. Then you reach out to multiple Audi dealers - it only takes one to meet your numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks very much! Greatly appreciated!
    Is there a standard MF for a one pay lease? If so, what would it be for a premium plus 36/10? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    tsunami4 said:

Is there a standard MF for a one pay lease? If so, what would it be for a premium plus 36/10? Thanks for any help you can provide.

There is a .00100 discount in the MF for a one-pay lease with Audi.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• _carrera_carrera Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2016
    May I get the 24/10 numbers for the Premium Plus & Prestige please?
    Also, are there any current incentives?
    Thanks
    _carrera said:

May I get the 24/10 numbers for the Premium Plus & Prestige please?
    Also, are there any current incentives?
    Thanks

P+ - .00120 and 66%
    Prestige - .00120 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator