2016 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
edited October 2015 in Hyundai
Ask your Sonata and Sonata Hybrid lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


MODERATOR

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

«13456789

Comments

  • jlaf828jlaf828 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2015
    When will the 2016 models be available?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    jlaf828 said:

    When will the 2016 models be available?

    I've got lease numbers for the 2016 Sonata now ... what trim, lease term and miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jlaf828jlaf828 Member Posts: 19
    Sonata Sport, 36/10k
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    jlaf828 said:

    Sonata Sport, 36/10k

    .00120 and 54%. $2750 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • quidam86quidam86 Member Posts: 3
    HI there. What's the MF and residual for 2016 limited sonata hybrid lease, 36 months/12K miles. Are there any rebates for someone who owns a hyndai now? Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    quidam86 said:

    HI there. What's the MF and residual for 2016 limited sonata hybrid lease, 36 months/12K miles. Are there any rebates for someone who owns a hyndai now? Thank you.

    .00109 MF and 56% residual. $500 lease cash.

    Sorry, we don't have any rebate information.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • stevenh01stevenh01 Member Posts: 3
    I'd like the numbers please North Carolina 28270 Lease: 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 12K & 15K 3 years MF, Residuals and Lease Cash. Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    stevenh01 said:

    I'd like the numbers please North Carolina 28270 Lease: 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 12K & 15K 3 years MF, Residuals and Lease Cash. Thank you.

    .00141 MF and 55%/53% residual. $3000 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 73
    I would like to get the MFs, residuals, and lease cash for a 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited in Las Vegas, NV metro area for 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year. Thanks!
  • QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 73
    I forgot to indicate my request was for a 36-month lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    Quaker said:

    I would like to get the MFs, residuals, and lease cash for a 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited in Las Vegas, NV metro area for 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year. Thanks!

    Quaker said:

    I forgot to indicate my request was for a 36-month lease.

    .00102 MF and 54%/53% residual. $1250 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 73
    Thanks! Are the numbers quoted above for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 the same for the Las Vegas, Metro Area? I would also appreciate it if you could provide the residual for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 for a 10,000 miles per year/36 month lease. Thanks, again!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    Quaker said:

    Thanks! Are the numbers quoted above for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 the same for the Las Vegas, Metro Area? I would also appreciate it if you could provide the residual for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 for a 10,000 miles per year/36 month lease. Thanks, again!

    Yes... same numbers

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 73
    Thanks! What is the residual for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 for a 10,000 miles per year/36 month lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    Quaker said:

    Thanks! What is the residual for the 2016 Sonata Limited 2.4 for a 10,000 miles per year/36 month lease?

    .00141 MF and 56% residual. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COMember Posts: 218
    Can I please get the 36/15 numbers in Colorado for the 2016 Sonata Sport?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    moodyhank said:

    Can I please get the 36/15 numbers in Colorado for the 2016 Sonata Sport?

    2.4L or 2.0T?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COMember Posts: 218
    2.4L please, thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    moodyhank said:

    Can I please get the 36/15 numbers in Colorado for the 2016 Sonata Sport?

    moodyhank said:

    2.4L please, thank you!

    .00122 and 50%. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • brendan13brendan13 Member Posts: 5
    Can I please get the Florida numbers for a 2016 Sonata Limited (2.4L) 36/12? thanks

    (dealer is pushing a 48 month since our Genesis sedan trade has negative equity, but rebates wash most of that -- any reason for the 48?)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    brendan13 said:

    Can I please get the Florida numbers for a 2016 Sonata Limited (2.4L) 36/12? thanks

    (dealer is pushing a 48 month since our Genesis sedan trade has negative equity, but rebates wash most of that -- any reason for the 48?)

    .00141 MF and 55% residual. $3000 lease cash.

    48 price is probably a little cheaper and they think that might get a sale?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    brendan13 said:

    Can I please get the Florida numbers for a 2016 Sonata Limited (2.4L) 36/12? thanks

    (dealer is pushing a 48 month since our Genesis sedan trade has negative equity, but rebates wash most of that -- any reason for the 48?)

    .00141 and 55%. $3000 lease cash.

    48/12 numbers aren't really any better (.00158 and 48%), and the lease cash is the same. I think the idea is to spread the negative equity out over more payments to mitigate the pain.

    Can you wait until the negative equity situation is better before pulling the trigger on another deal?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • brendan13brendan13 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your response, Michaell,
    I'm at 50k miles on a 48k lease with 7 payments remaining on the 2012 Genesis, so I'm going to get hit either way.... with 12k in mileage overage by then and a steadily declining ACV/book value vs buyout on trade, or have to roll out of it with rebates and whatever I can now.

    I guess my only other hope would be to wait and see if there's pull ahead cash on the car in the first quarter of the year?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    brendan13 said:

    Thanks for your response, Michaell,
    I'm at 50k miles on a 48k lease with 7 payments remaining on the 2012 Genesis, so I'm going to get hit either way.... with 12k in mileage overage by then and a steadily declining ACV/book value vs buyout on trade, or have to roll out of it with rebates and whatever I can now.

    I guess my only other hope would be to wait and see if there's pull ahead cash on the car in the first quarter of the year?

    Ouch. But I feel your pain - I'm at 35K of a 45K lease with a year left on it. With Hyundai, too.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • djlee89djlee89 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like the numbers please New Jersey 2016 Sonata SE 10K & 12K 3 years MF, Residuals and Lease Cash.
    And if possible Sonata Sport with same numbers.
    Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    djlee89 said:

    I'd like the numbers please New Jersey 2016 Sonata SE 10K & 12K 3 years MF, Residuals and Lease Cash.
    And if possible Sonata Sport with same numbers.
    Thank you

    .00132 MF and 55%/54% residual. $3000 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • staged84staged84 Member Posts: 7
    I'd like numbers for following model

    2015/2016 Sonata 2.0T limited 24/12, 24/15, 36/12, 36/15,

    Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    staged84 said:

    I'd like numbers for following model

    2015/2016 Sonata 2.0T limited 24/12, 24/15, 36/12, 36/15,

    Thanks in advance!

    Hyundai does not offer 24 month leases on the Sonata

    36/12 numbers:
    2016 - .00137 and 52%. $3000 lease cash
    2015 - .00013 and 51%. $4000 lease cash

    Subtract 2% for 12K

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • staged84staged84 Member Posts: 7
    is lease cash different from retail bonus cash offered by hyundai?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    staged84 said:

    is lease cash different from retail bonus cash offered by hyundai?

    Yes, one is for leasing, the other for purchases.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • zacwarezacware Member Posts: 17
    So, my son is looking for a used car for college, and then he sees this flyer in the mail from the local Hyundai dealer....

    2016 Sonata SE
    36 Month Closed End Lease
    $77/month
    $1,999 up front
    10K per year

    I said if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. But what is "behind the curtain" on an offer like this?


  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    zacware said:

    So, my son is looking for a used car for college, and then he sees this flyer in the mail from the local Hyundai dealer....

    2016 Sonata SE
    36 Month Closed End Lease
    $77/month
    $1,999 up front
    10K per year

    I said if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. But what is "behind the curtain" on an offer like this?


    The $2K up front equates to about $55-60/mo, so the net payment is $140-150/mo. Plus tax.

    And assumes that all the other up front costs are paid when the lease is signed. Oh, and that little note about that price including "all available rebates, not all will qualify".

    I'd call the dealer and get the MSRP and net cap cost. Unfortunately, we don't have any Hyundai lease numbers for December to confirm.

    Yes, Hyundai is having a massive end of year sale. I'm tempted to look into trading out of my Elantra lease early and lowering my payment on either another Elantra or a Sonata.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • David_58David_58 Sacramento, CAMember Posts: 2
    I'd like current numbers for these 2 choices.

    2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited 36/12k & 36/10k.

    2016 Sonata Plug-in Hybrid Limited 36/12k & 3610k.

    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    David_58 said:

    I'd like current numbers for these 2 choices.

    2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited 36/12k & 36/10k.

    2016 Sonata Plug-in Hybrid Limited 36/12k & 3610k.

    Thanks

    Sorry, no Hyundai numbers this month.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • David_58David_58 Sacramento, CAMember Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

    David_58 said:

    I'd like current numbers for these 2 choices.

    2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited etc... etc..

    Sorry, no Hyundai numbers this month.
    Thanks Michael

    One more question, (I'm new to leasing).

    Are these MF's I see you and others providing based on a particular credit tier.

    I'm assuming Tier 1, but if so are there better rates for Tier 1+, (or is there any such thing with HMF).

    Is there any negotiating for pristine scores/profiles, (i.e. buy rate - sell rate spread)?

    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    David_58 said:

    Michaell said:

    David_58 said:

    I'd like current numbers for these 2 choices.

    2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited etc... etc..

    Sorry, no Hyundai numbers this month.
    Thanks Michael

    One more question, (I'm new to leasing).

    Are these MF's I see you and others providing based on a particular credit tier.

    I'm assuming Tier 1, but if so are there better rates for Tier 1+, (or is there any such thing with HMF).

    Is there any negotiating for pristine scores/profiles, (i.e. buy rate - sell rate spread)?

    Thanks
    Any numbers you see from us are for top tier credit (1 or 1+, depending on the manufacturer or bank).

    Can't do any better than the base rate we quote.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    Incentives changed today (1/13); can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year, Ohio
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    tonyg2016 said:

    Incentives changed today (1/13); can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year, Ohio

    We don't have any Hyundai numbers for January

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • marko711marko711 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone seen any 2016 SE Turbo 2.0s in their area. It looks like there are none in So California only the 1.6l
  • eddyjung78eddyjung78 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for Sonata sport 2.4
    24month lease with 12k mile per year. I would like to get numbers!

    Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441

    I'm looking for Sonata sport 2.4
    24month lease with 12k mile per year. I would like to get numbers!

    Thanks in advance!

    Hyundai does not offer 24 month leases.

    36/12 numbers are .00102 and 51%. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    edited January 2016
    Incentives changed (1/13); can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year, Ohio

    assume: 36/12 numbers are .00102 and 51%. $3000 lease cash based on previous post; horrible residual so early in the model year!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    tonyg2016 said:
    Incentives changed (1/13); can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year, Ohio assume: 36/12 numbers are .00102 and 51%. $3000 lease cash based on previous post; horrible residual so early in the model year!
    Add  1% for 10,000 miles. Low residual is offset by the large amount of lease cash. 

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    I am a new to leasing a car and read many of the lease posts. Need guidance from here, if Hyundai offers a leasing program should i negotiate my best purchase price for the lease monthly payment or take up the incentive offer?

    I am waiting to see the February incentives.
  • ericp2736ericp2736 Member Posts: 5
    Negotiate the selling price for the car rather than the monthly payment. The example lease on Hyundai's site ($189/mo with $2,299 at signing) refers to the base model and assumes you pay MSRP, so you should be able to do better. The initial quote I got from a dealer ($21,807 purchase price) would make the base payment about $189 without the $2,110 down payment, and I'm hoping there is some more room to negotiate. This is before any other incentives you might qualify for (owner loyalty, BoostUp, etc.)

    Here are the numbers I get from Hyundai for February in my area (Philadelphia):
    -MSRP $22,585 (includes destination, excludes taxes/fees)
    -Actual net capitalized cost $17,939 (includes $595 acquisition fee)
    -Option to purchase at lease end $12,196
    -$2,299 due at lease signing (includes $189 first payment and $2,110 capitalized cost reduction)

    This works out to a residual of 54%. It looks like there is still $3000 in lease cash included in those numbers. I'm not totally sure about this calculation but looks like the money factor is .0008 this month.
  • ericp2736ericp2736 Member Posts: 5
    Can confirm $3000 lease cash and 54% residual for 12k miles, 55% for 10k. I was quoted at .00089 for the money factor. Not sure if this is the number from Hyundai or if it includes a small dealer markup.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,141
    Which trim, term and mileage?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 midwest, usaMember Posts: 728
    Can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year. Also, they have promo this month on ECO model - please provide same lease data if available...Ohio
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 186,441
    tonyg2016 said:

    Can i get residual, mf, lease cash for a 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4, msrp 25310 (value package) - 36 months, 10k/12k miles per year. Also, they have promo this month on ECO model - please provide same lease data if available...Ohio

    36/12 numbers

    Sport 2.4 - .00102 and 51%
    ECO - .00110 and 50%

    Add 1% for 10k. $3000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • congerscongers Member Posts: 9
    When leasing does the dealer allow me to negotiate the lowest price and than apply the 3000 bonus lease cash to the deal? Also the 3000 bonus states must use HMF, i assume the rate will be higher. Who else can i lease through?
Sign In or Register to comment.