Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Ford Escape Arrives at Dealerships This Summer, Priced at $24,345 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ford
image2016 Ford Escape Arrives at Dealerships This Summer, Priced at $24,345 | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Ford Escape SUV will arrive at Ford dealerships this summer, starting at $24,345. Pricing reflects a $490 increase over the base 2015 Escape.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kev_in_socalkev_in_socal Member Posts: 3
    I guess we have to wait at least another year for a refresh which will hopefully include the Aston Martin grill treatment. And I would like to see a hybrid or even a plug-in hybrid powertrain version. There are a number of luxury SUV plug-in hybrids coming out, but at the moderate end not so much. Since Ford was a pioneer for hybrid SUV's and have done well with the Fusion hybrid I am hoping they will get back into the game.
  • Options
    wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    edited February 2016
    We have a 4x4, '07 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. It has been my favorite to drive in town and on road trips.

It's hard to believe Ford didn't carry on with another Escape hybrid in the 2013's and beyond. I think Rav4 now has one and I predict they are going to eat Ford's lunch with it.

We have a '16 Escape Titanium with a 2.0 mill also. It's okay...let's say about ~4~ out of 5 stars okay. (the '16 Edge rides better IMO).

The ESCAPE feels like a Focus which designers inflated with more cubic feet of interior space. It's higher tech than the old Mariner, handles good, taller than a Focus, a nice road trip vehicle with plenty of power, and it's fairly quiet...but falls quite short on city MPG's (compared to our '10 Fusion hybrid and '07 Mariner hybrid fleet).