Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Sun Visors Don't Extend - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Volvo
imageSun Visors Don't Extend - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Volvo S60 lacks extendable sun visors. This is the type of feature the car should have if it competes in the small luxury sedan class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    yeah, I have a love-hate relationship with sunvisors. With my bodybuild/height, most sunvisors tend to get in my way while driving. The only other alternative is to mount a sunvisor on the exterior of the truck that runs all the way across (if you grew up in the 80s, you know what I'm talking about. They used to be really popular. Gave the pickup a "Big Rig" look.)
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    As a 6-4 guy this is a favorite complaint topic of mine. There is simply no reason that the visors on all cars cannot be adjusted enough to cover the entire length of the side window. Why would engineers think it was acceptable to leave 4-6 inches of glass that cannot be blocked?
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Stupid, cheap penny-pinching on Volvo's part. If I absolutely loved the car, I would probably give it a grudging pass. If I were in any way on the fence, this would tip me towards a competitor. Cannot stand having the sun flaring into the side of my face while driving. If you have a north-south commute, this could be a daily irritant during some seasons.
  • cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2016
    I find Volvo visor to need me to put it right up touching my head when used on the side. Then it works and provide the needed coverage. It feels weird I'll admit but surprisingly it also blocks less of the view outside than with our other car with longer visor that doesn't need me to do this.